CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

My first weekly power ranking standings which doesn't have CLG being first. Thanks to E6 taking them down. Now, let's see nV and EG also take them down.  :simms:

edit: weekly as in based on weekly performance.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 7

I'm more surprised that CLG lost to E6. E6 deserves the win, they came out on top. But I had CLG Being undefeated until playoffs and I knew they'll probably had a hard time with the other 3 teams in playoffs. Just happy that this week was extremely entertaining to watch.

Also does anyone else kind of agree or disagree that the Pro League should hold 16 teams instead of 8?

Having the top 8 teams go into playoffs, 9-13 keep their seeds for next season and are able to make roster changes during this stretch and 14-16 teams will have to play to keep their spots in pro league against the top 3 Challenger League teams who have earned a shot at competing for a pro league spot. I think we can go to top 16 Pro League spots again if ESL could.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Halo is a top 2 console FPS?  Come on man...   And Halo is cheap to support?  Might wanna bounce that theory of yours off of Sundance and the rest of the MLG staff.  There is a reason Halo (their flagship title and what MADE mlg what it is today) was dropped from the circuit.  Does it hurt Optic to have a Halo team?  In my opinion it does hurt the brand. The Halo team is not dedicated, does not promote, does not grind, does not do all the things that put Optic Gaming where it is today.  Flamesword was given the largest mantel possible to bring competitive Halo to the next level and chose not to capitalize on it (teammates as well).  There really is no doubt in my mind that Optic Halo nets Hecz no profit whatsoever, and why he sits back and watches the halo team do nothing to improve or even take the brand seriously blows my mind.  

yeah sure. CoD and Halo. Do you know about any other console FPS with a big or even decent esports part? let us all know please :D

and yes, halo is cheap to support. Team Allegiance got payed 1k monthly per player (was a raise from 500 while being #1) during worlds for a short period of time.

​that is cheap as hell. the 1 year contract for the whole SK.br team is over a million. quite a difference

Also does anyone else kind of agree or disagree that the Pro League should hold 16 teams instead of 8?

Having the top 8 teams go into playoffs, 9-13 keep their seeds for next season and are able to make roster changes during this stretch and 14-16 teams will have to play to keep their spots in pro league against the top 3 Challenger League teams who have earned a shot at competing for a pro league spot. I think we can go to top 16 Pro League spots again if ESL could.

16 is to much imho

should be 10 or 12, though

Jeez... I passed out at 7:30pm last night. I feel like enough of a puss as it is, so don't castrate me further.

I'm going to have to watch Rammy on VoD aren't I? People have been saying his shot is fuuuuuucking deadly for a while now. Apparently he's just playing really well in general.

Also, Envy still showing out.

And.... e6 beats CLG?

Someone remind me how boring Pro League will be? :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't know if "he knows how to build a team" should be seen as a skill in this case. Who wouldn't predict a player that just started playing halo(Huke) and went pro so fast to be a good pick up? Huke obviously has the fastest improvement rate of any player in the game right now based on how fast he climbed up into the pro scene. 

I mean I don't like @Cratos much at all, but give him some credit.

Huke got dropped from Denial.

Cratos was trying to put together a team. He grabbed Bubu, Huke, and.... Shooter? He then proceeds to tell everyone he thinks he picked up three of the relatively few players he thinks could beat CLG. We all laugh hysterically at him..... and here we are!

Credit where credit is due.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I just want to throw this out there, but I lost 3-2 with CLG Kappa

No we 3-0'd them the next day with him, focus on your team instead of being on ours  :mj:

leaving my early morning drama I will check on the status of this when I wake up

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 3

No we 3-0'd them the next day with him, focus on your team instead of being on ours :mj:

leaving my early morning drama I will check on the status of this when I wake up

So does this mean there's still some beef between you two? :O

They should call the map Detroit because it's auto city.

They should call it Detroit because whenever you find yourself there you try to leave as quickly as possible

• Upvote (+1) 1

With teams like Optic, Liquid, and RAMMY-less ALG currently in the league, do you really think there is enough H5 talent to field and interesting 16 team league? I think there's enough talent in the open circuit to field two more teams for next season.

Halo has some of the worst viewership out there.

And you are right, Hecz can just "let them be" if he desires, but you are missing the point that an underperforming and undedicated team does nothing to improve his brand. Optic Halo is Optic Halo because of the hard work that Hecz and the COD players put in to make it what it is today. The increase in viewership when they compete ONLY happens because of how well known the organization is.

The only benefit that Optic/Hecz is receiving from Halo, is the money they got for allowing 343 to use/sell their logo on weapon skins.

I was unclear so I'm sorry about that, I meant viewership maniac and flame get on YouTube. Not pro league.

Also, I'm well aware of how optic got where they are. I helped do it. You're over simplifying the situation. They're not actively harming the brand, and they are adding value just by existing within the top 8 halo teams. Halo's viewership doesn't magically increase when the team is top 3. They're expanding the brand just by being near the top.

Is it good enough based on the level of effort they're putting in? Not really. But is it worth it to let them continue to exist? Yes.

You're just looking at the situation through a very narrow field of view.

I don't know if this has been said yet, but Hamy is playing these matches while essentially starving. He can't eat or drink anything before 8 PM PST and it shows as he's played pretty poorly the last two weeks.

Obviously RNG needs to play better, but sometimes it isn't always a simple "X Player is bad" situation.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I'm surprised he didn't start playing Overwatch when it came out honestly. I remember he missed out on the first few weeks of Destiny so he didn't really bother gaining a bigger following from that game, but then he completely glossed over Overwatch? 

Ninja missed out on the launch of Destiny due to having eye surgery, or else he would have played it day 1. He was one of the most watched channels during the alpha/beta, but fell off due to missing a month of gaming.

He also didn't touch Overwatch because it didn't interest him as much and he didn't think it would be a competitive game (on console). 

It's best that he only focuses on Halo and H1Z1 (Which is not the problem), since those are the two games he competes in.

Hope that clears some things up. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Mikewen had balls of steel with that triple on Midship. Most players would not push with no shield. 

Great play. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is it possible that Ninja playing H1Z1 so much - while keeping him fresh at Halo as he seems to play better when he doesn't grind every day all day - is hindering the team as he's not building as much chemistry with the other guys while playing with them when they are on? Obviously he gets on for scrims which is good, but if just Commonly is on for example, they could be playing together and becoming better friends/working on communication/figuring out each others movements better/etc. Just a thought, and probably has no affect. But for those saying H1Z1 has improved Ninja's play, that does not mean it has improved the TEAMS play. I say this as someone who loves to watch Ninja play H1Z1 by the way.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Is it possible that Ninja playing H1Z1 so much - while keeping him fresh at Halo as he seems to play better when he doesn't grind every day all day - is hindering the team as he's not building as much chemistry with the other guys while playing with them when they are on? Obviously he gets on for scrims which is good, but if just Commonly is on for example, they could be playing together and becoming better friends/working on communication/figuring out each others movements better/etc. Just a thought, and probably has no affect. But for those saying H1Z1 has improved Ninja's play, that does not mean it has improved the TEAMS play. I say this as someone who loves to watch Ninja play H1Z1 by the way.

There is no way playing another game made him better at Halo 5 lol. That makes absolutely no sense. And for all the time he's playing H1 he could be grinding Halo. Is he the problem on his team? It's hard to pin one guy as a problem since it's a team game, but look at play time in relation to which teams are winning and you'll start to see a pattern. You can't be the best you can be while splitting your time, it's completely illogical.

Now, it's only pro league and I'm sure when it comes near LAN time he'lol play more, but time is something you never get back.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Guys CLG losing 1 time does not remove them from being the top team ok... Le'ts see them get beat a few more times shall we?

• Upvote (+1) 5

There is no way playing another game made him better at Halo 5 lol. That makes absolutely no sense. And for all the time he's playing H1 he could be grinding Halo. Is he the problem on his team? It's hard to pin one guy as a problem since it's a team game, but look at play time in relation to which teams are winning and you'll start to see a pattern. You can't be the best you can be while splitting your time, it's completely illogical.

Now, it's only pro league and I'm sure when it comes near LAN time he'lol play more, but time is something you never get back.

I don't know man, if I play a game too much I lose interest in it and my performance suffers/head isn't in the game when that's the case. So maybe it isn't making him "better" but it might keep him from getting too bored of it. With his personality I could see that happening.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't know man, if I play a game too much I lose interest in it and my performance suffers/head isn't in the game when that's the case. So maybe it isn't making him "better" but it might keep him from getting too bored of it. With his personality I could see that happening.

But that's a mentality issue that will hold him back. None of the top players play other games that often to not "burn out". You gotta grind to be the best.