CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Crazy to think if Envy didn't blow that game 5 yesterday they would be sitting in first place at 7-1 and CLG would be sitting in second at 6-2. Especially crazy when you think about how coming into this week CLG was thought to be untouchable. Looks like the rest of the season will be far more interesting and competitive then I previously thought. 

Even crazier is that they could have been 8-0 had they not gotten reverse swept by E6 earlier in the pro league. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

So the real question is if nV or E6 is #2. nV is higher in standings but E6 has beat nV and just beat CLG.

RNG,ALG, CLG

I'd say if we are talking about a weekly power ranking, then I could see an argument being made as to why E6 should be 2nd this week, but as an overall ranking, nV is definitely the second best team; I mean, they beat RNG and ALG, and just barely lost to CLG. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I keep saying and I know because I raised him, doubt him, challenge him, tell him he can't , tell him he's wrong, tell him he choked whatever and he gets highly motivated. A lot of people don't see the amount of damage and pressure he is putting on the other team they want to talk about the play he could have done better or whatever , yes he still occasionally over extends but he is miles and miles better than he was just a year ago. I think he has learned a lot from Ola in that regard. This NV squad is the real deal and only getting better.

This has to be one of the funniest things I've read in a while. Can't imagine my dad giving me the choke talk.

Have you ever told him to break his disc?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Rammyy deserves a shot at a pro team

You've already made it obvious who the weakest link on CLG is  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

So I never miss Pro League matches. I don't think i've missed a week live yet.

One night.

ONE NIGHT I decide "Hey i'm gonna chill with some friends and watch the VoDs when I get back."

I learn CLG had their first loss. 

I'm so sad. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

This has to be one of the funniest things I've read in a while. Can't imagine my dad giving me the choke talk.

Have you ever told him to break his disc?

no but I bought a lot of xbox's , controllers and discs over the years. Personally I don't see him choke he's seeing and hearing more than we do and he's one of the 32 players playing Pro right now and one of the top ones on a top team imo and Austin has so much confidence in his skill that he does takes some risks when they pay off he gets applauded when they don't people armchair QB. If I say anything its usually just to remind him to forget the loss and look forward and I am very proud of him.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Not sure if team changes can still happen, but hypothetically;

Say you're Allegiance after these past two wins this week. Would you consider dropping 

Ryanoob and picking up Rammy? To me it just looks that they're so much more comfortable with 

Rammy rather than Ryanoob.

Not to take anything from Ryanoob at all, I love the guy, really, ever since Reach. But for ALG it

just looks like there's a lot more comfort and meshing with Rammy.

(Not sure if discussed yet.)

Watching intuitive and aggressive playstyles beat an optimized playstyle is really satisfying to root for. I wish it was nV, but I'm happy to see CLG go down.

Now I kinda hope they don't lose again until the playoffs  :lxthul:

You've already made it obvious who the weakest link on CLG is  :kappa:

can someone explain DMG/M I noticed my sons is 2nd highest behind Eric is that a good thing?is it Damage per Minute?

• Upvote (+1) 1

can someone explain DMG/M I noticed my sons is highest is that a good thing?is it Damage per Minute?

Yes and DMG/d is damage per death.

IMO Ninja has actually been playing fine, if not better than when he grinded all day. It isn;t one single person on RNG's fault. That being said (and I could be wrong) I don't feel like Ninja cares about Halo as much as he used to and can easily see him giving it up in favor of other games. TBH, playing less intensive games lets him engage with his stream more so it's actually his best option because it's an easier opportunity to grow. Hate on him all you want, but he gets the same amount (if not higher) of viewers when he streams H1Z1 as he does Halo.

Can you really blame him for wanting to make the most out of his situation? You realise that's how he makes a living right? @

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes and DMG/d is damage per death.

Thank you Mr Karitoriki. I had to correct myself Eric has the highest DMG/M 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

@

He's grinding H1Z1 to defend his title this fall. Afterwards he will focus more on Halo and the upcoming HWC just like last year.

I'm sure he still cares, but I do know he is more in favor of mainly only playing halo when his team is on, unless he does sub games (at least during H1Z1 season).

DMG per death is a slightly better metric to measure against since dying means you can't contribute for 8 seconds.

In general, high DMG per min means you're very aggressive. Ninja is a common example of this style of play. Snipedown has been much more active in pushing lately as seen by this week's matches.

High DMG per death means you're very effective and efficient. Royal2 and Frosty are the gold standard, but for different reasons. One is extremely accurate and dominant in 1v1s while the other is very hard to kill due to superior positioning and movement.

Actually, Ninja has the highest dmg/m, but just barely, with 364.

• Upvote (+1) 1

- nV took CLG to game 5

- EG took nV took game 5.

- ALG beat RNG. 

- And E6 BEAT CLG?!?!?!

This has defo gotta be the best week of the NA pro league season so far.

• Upvote (+1) 2

IMO Ninja has actually been playing fine, if not better than when he grinded all day. It isn;t one single person on RNG's fault. That being said (and I could be wrong) I don't feel like Ninja cares about Halo as much as he used to and can easily see him giving it up in favor of other games. TBH, playing less intensive games lets him engage with his stream more so it's actually his best option because it's an easier opportunity to grow. Hate on him all you want, but he gets the same amount (if not higher) of viewers when he streams H1Z1 as he does Halo.

Can you really blame him for wanting to make the most out of his situation? You realise that's how he makes a living right? @

I'm surprised he didn't start playing Overwatch when it came out honestly. I remember he missed out on the first few weeks of Destiny so he didn't really bother gaining a bigger following from that game, but then he completely glossed over Overwatch? 

So First of all I'm at a loss for words after the CLG loss, though CLG played super weird in Eden SH, at the start they tried to keep the Nest and Bend SHs and not focus on top control? This was super weird to see. 

Interesting week for sure, RNG really has to do something, no team is as inconsistent as them.  

Also I wish we had more gametypes, I didn't even realize we are on a rotation of how either there are 2 SH games at the start or 2 Flag games close to each other.

Though now next week will be even crazier, I could imagine CLG will be on fire now and practise for days