CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Do you people even watch the game? 2gre has been playing as a positioning-oriented player who plays behind his teammates and puts himself "at the right spot" for years now.  That is how he plays.  This game does not value that type of player; it values playmakers who can rotate, play in space, and win close range encounters.

You might be right, but it would be silly to count out a player that has won an event in every iteration of this franchise. To me, it all depends on how much work he is willing to put into his weaknesses. For the record, I think his weakness in close range encounters and other small mechanical deficiencies in his play far outstrip these notions that his play style can't work in this game. It can work IMO, but only if he has the right players on his team to balance everything out. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

"You can't play Halo 5 passive" - APG literally ten seconds ago.

You know who's been playing passive for years?

not ninja.

play smart and fast, not just the latter

Granted when Walshy got kicked from FB in 08, 2gre struggled for awhile for this exact reason. But once he got the right squad towards the end of h3 (and also the Godsquad in Reach) I feel like he played fairly aggressive because that's how the rest of his team was. Unfortunately this hasn't been the case so far in h5.

IMO Royal2 and Snakebite are the best players in H5. And they have the stats and wins to prove it.

I don't think there is even an argument here. Maybe you could argue Lethul is up there with them but I'm with you, Royal 2 and SB are the best.

you know who hasn't won a real tournament in 2 years?  :apg:

I'm just kidding...i like APG  :ghost:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't think there is even an argument here. Maybe you could argue Lethul is up there with them but I'm with you, Royal 2 and SB are the best.

I think you could make an argument for Roy and Frosty as well. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think you could make an argument for Roy and Frosty as well. 

I was going to add those two as well but that would have undermined my comment lol.

I know Roy and Frosty are both filthy but I couldn't argue Roy because of his teams last two results (which really isn't fair) and Frosty doesn't get enough credit but part of that is because SB and Royal 2 are so sick.

IMO Frosty will have established himself as the top player by the end of the year.

• Upvote (+1) 1

He's a loser.  Thats his "thing".  So how is he supposed to assemble a "God Squad" exactly? Gods don't team with losers.

Are you trying for the most neg rep post?  You can say whatever you want about him not being clutch but a loser?  Dude is one of the nicest guys out there

• Upvote (+1) 1

Are you trying for the most neg rep post?  You can say whatever you want about him not being clutch but a loser?  Dude is one of the nicest guys out there

This game is decided by a win or a loss.  Obviously the term "loser" doesn't refer to anything out-of-game related.  Why would any of you assume that?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

He's made it to the Top 3, even finals, plenty of times. Unless he steps up his mental game though he won't win. Even so, Top 4 =/= "loser" to me. That's subjective though.

@@mediabrute

Can a brother get a Commonly fan tag for signatures?

I'll be rooting this dude wherever he ends up (although I prefer RNG because I really like ninja and vicx). 

• Upvote (+1) 4

This game is decided by a win or a loss.  Obviously the term "loser" doesn't refer to anything out-of-game related.  Why would any of you assume that?

Are people like Dan Marino, Charles Barkley and Ken Griffey Jr losers?  No, they are some of the greatest of all time at their sport.  At the end of the day it's a team game.  There hasn't been many times Naded lost when having the better team.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Puckett making us proud

The amount of noise this crowd produces after every kill Liquid gets is amazing. I have the biggest freedom boner right now.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Naded is the gold-standard for pub-stomping.  He's always been able to do that regardless of what Halo its been.  He's the only pro on the planet who had fun playing hours of random matchmaking in Reach by himself.

He can't play at the same level against top level competition, hence the zero wins and dozens of chokes.  What he does in matchmaking really isn't relevant at all.

What is your logic here? That every single pro who hasn't won an event is a loser because of the definition of the word being "not winning"? 

"Naded is the gold-standard for pub-stomping. He can't play at the same level against top-level competition". No one can. That's why it's called pub stomping. Did you even watch Worlds? Please remind me of his placing again, and then try to claim he is not a top-level competitor. I'm not even a huge Naded fan, but this ignorance is incredible to me. Unless you're trolling, in which case fuck me I guess.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

APG just said "Ace, Unlegit and I running games with Spartan...but Spartan is sick right now.  Stellur would also be an option"

• Upvote (+1) 2

You can be a really, really good player without ever winning the league/title/tournament or whatever, you know, since it's also largely dependent on the team around you. I could point you to many examples in sports, but Durant is an easy one.

Edit: I see someone above made the same point with other examples while I was typing. Good!

• Upvote (+1) 4

The amount of noise this crowd produces after every kill Liquid gets is amazing. I have the biggest freedom boner right now.

• Upvote (+1) 2

He's made it to the Top 3, even finals, plenty of times. Unless he steps up his mental game though he won't win. Even so, Top 4 =/= "loser" to me. That's subjective though.

Yeah that's kind of a crazy perspective, to me. Rising to the top 1% of participants in your field overs many years, winning a bunch of money, and still being a 'loser' are pretty harsh armchair analyst standards.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Are people like Dan Marino, Charles Barkley and Ken Griffey Jr losers?  No, they are some of the greatest of all time at their sport.  At the end of the day it's a team game.  There hasn't been many times Naded lost when having the better team.

Real sports have things like contracts, salary caps, owners, coaches, etc. that put making the best team out of the player's hands.  Hardly a viable comparison considering that in most eSports (Halo for sure) the players themselves pretty much govern the rosters as they see fit.  Therefore there is a reason as to why the best team has never included Naded on the roster.  When he's gotten in positions to contend, he's flopped and then that team promptly falls apart.  He's also thrown almost every single teammate he's had under the bus at some point; kind of playing into why no legit top players want to team with him.  Everyone knows he's horribly inconsistent and will fall apart at some point in time; therefore why would championship caliber players want to team with him?

but but but EG wanted to pick him up at the start of H2A

ALG was his best chance - new game, rising players... and now the time has past. Time to work with boss nasti or do the golden ticket again.

• Upvote (+1) 4