CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Woke up today a little upset that NV didn't win. CLG will not take this lightly; I expect even more practice and discussion on their side. Hopefully NV also practices more. 

Best series we have seen in a very, very long time. I wish the World's Finale was like that. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm level 86, lagged out of at least 30 games since launch, not to mention game crashes and being kicked.

Im a level 137 and i have lagged out/kicked 1 time per session. I have been kicked out of a game at least 100 times.

If anyone is to ever ask me why I watch competitive Halo 5, I am going to direct them to the series last night between CLG and nV. Congrats to both teams for putting on a show. Certainly a series that is going to be remembered for a long time. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Random thought: I don't mean to come off as ungrateful so I apologize If I do but the EG and OpTic skins are pretty plain...at least the CLG one has some design. Am I the only one?

Still really happy to have team skins though. I'll definitely be rocking the EG and CLG ones.

Can someone explain to me why Hecz continues to allow Optic Halo to use his brand? They really arent helping the image, and do not work anywhere nearly as hard as they should.  

If I was him I would pull the plug. 

pull the plug would only damage the brand unless he picks up another (better) halo team

​winning is not the only thing that matters for brand recognition

​and the support, despite poor performance is one of the reasons optic is big and liked by its fans

Cowboys vs Pats in Football

​VP vs Luminosity in CS:GO

Optic vs Renegades in Halo

​Hector is a smart guy and knows his stuff.

I assume you're talking about the Coli TS vs Liquid(where they trailed 10+ kills at the start) since they haven't played Eden TS in pro league.

Also, EG will always be my #1, but whenever I'm not rooting for them, I'm rooting for nV.

Oh, it wasn't Pro League, it was just a random scrim. 

I'll be buying a team skin, if nothing else than to send the message "thanks for promoting / reviving competitive Halo". All the DLC has been free so far, and regardless of what everyone says on Reddit about the volume of content in the game, I'm more than happy to throw some cash towards the teams/developers. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

Whoever did that camera work should be banned from theater mode.

Side note: @@CyReN @@Saucey I'm all for disabling adblock for this site, but having video ads that are 200% normal volume really isn't fun to deal with.

LxthuL did it in a sarcastic way. Christ dude, lighten up, lmao!

THE JOKE ---------->

o <- Your head

Side note: @@CyReN @@Saucey I'm all for disabling adblock for this site, but having video ads that are 200% normal volume really isn't fun to deal with.

This. The forum page slows down my internet by like 5 times.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

PM me the url if you can so I can pass it off to stop, we don't personally assign the ads.

Never really paid any attention to the ads, but the forum page makes my laptop turn nice and toasty and locks up my browser constantly. Makes sense it's some out of control ads.

• Upvote (+1) 3

pull the plug would only damage the brand unless he picks up another (better) halo team

​winning is not the only thing that matters for brand recognition

​and the support, despite poor performance is one of the reasons optic is big and liked by its fans

Cowboys vs Pats in Football

​VP vs Luminosity in CS:GO

Optic vs Renegades in Halo

​Hector is a smart guy and knows his stuff.

I dont think he even "needs" the have a team in Halo - that is what I was getting at. It does not really benefit him at all. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I dont think he even "needs" the have a team in Halo - that is what I was getting at. It does not really benefit him at all.

I remember hearing that due to sponsorships, they are required to have a Halo team. Could be false information though.

Never really paid any attention to the ads, but the forum page makes my laptop turn nice and toasty and locks up my browser constantly. Makes sense it's some out of control ads.

Fixed. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Stats

You should add an infographic showing percentage change between each week.  Something like "Although Ninja increased his kills by 13% from the previous week, his deaths increased by 17%".

Or even stats that shows a players average kills/deaths/assists on a per map/per game type basis.  Would really help show which maps players thrive on.

I'm guessing that halo5arena or datahive has all of this information already, but I'm too lazy to look at the moment.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Particularly funny considering UK decided to dip from EU

Eu also means Europe, not just the Union. Uk will always be a part of the Europe.

Europe Pro League, not European Union Pro League. Not every European country is part of the Union and the Union it self is not equivalent to the NA United States. C'mon ppl.

• Upvote (+1) 2

it's all good man I know, I'm just gonna say, that whole series was not me playing bad, I was honestly playing fine individually, it was just us playing bad as a whole and not how we normally play. We just really need to focus on playing in the pro league matches like we play when we scrim. We play really well and communicate well in scrims, but then when we play in pro league matches we get all jumbled and frantic. Just honestly something that needs to be worked on. I think we should be able to figure everything out by the time the season is over. Consistency in communication is our biggest issue we just really need to focus on communicating properly and we will be fine.

Yeah you can tell when you guys aren't communicating well, even when we can't hear you. You guys get that worked out, and you're gold! 

You should add an infographic showing percentage change between each week.  Something like "Although Ninja increased his kills by 13% from the previous week, his deaths increased by 17%".

Or even stats that shows a players average kills/deaths/assists on a per map/per game type basis.  Would really help show which maps players thrive on.

I'm guessing that halo5arena or datahive has all of this information already, but I'm too lazy to look at the moment.

Yeah, it's something I am trying to figure out the ideal way to do at the moment. The problem with just doing the change from average is that the percentage change will decrease over time. 

Versus previous week (as you mention) is an option, but so much of it seems to be opponent-based, so I want to be able to highlight things in a meaningful way. It may be worth starting to make time series plots to show variation in performance over time. 

Eu also means Europe, not just the Union. Uk will always be a part of the Europe.

Europe Pro League, not European Union Pro League. Not every European country is part of the Union and the Union it self is not equivalent to the NA United States. C'mon ppl.

Don't get your biscuits all in a bunch.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Wait, you're saying the UK didn't just swim away and completely leave the continent?? I don't believe you. 

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 5

Don't get your biscuits all in a bunch.

Get your facts straight man.

• Downvote (-1) 6

I've quietly been an NV fan for awhile now, and with Naded taking a step back they immediately became my undisputed favorite team.  Couple takeaways from last night for me:

Ola and Frosty are freaking fun to watch.  Whether it's first person or spectator outlines, their movements are honestly top tier.  I'm one of those old school halo codgers who's been hesitant to become a fan of new talent.  I've recognized the talent up to this point, but last night officially made me a fan. Holy. Shit.  If you want an example of how this game's meta has evolved in it's short life span, look no further than that series.  The pace would change on a dime, and it's so fun to watch how two top teams instantly respond to each other.  On that note..

Strongside and Elamite are definitely improving, which is encouraging.  I like both of them as personalities, but I think they are still getting a feel for this which is fine.  A perfect example (I dont have a clip) was SS pointing out the 'quiet' moments during matches and his voice would get almost whispery.. then a big clip and BAM he hits us with the hype.  THAT is how you cast a match.  But pleeaaasssseeee for the love of god (to both casters) if one of you makes a point don't hammer on it for 2-3 minutes while way more significant stuff has already happened.  Example of this.. when sniper was down red cave and 2 minutes later Elamite is still bringing up how a lesser player would've stacked rockets/sniper.  SS made the point immediately, analyze it briefly and move on.

all in all.  HCS is HYPE.  I'm sleep deprived and love it.

Back at ya 'yonders,

-jDot out

• Upvote (+1) 8