CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Mistaken title on their part then. I am not discrediting what you do, but that title is disrespectful to actual statisticians. 

Seriously?  The definition of statistician is "a person who collects and studies statistics" taken directly from Merriam-Webster.  How does he not meet those requirements?

Edit:  Real agreed to stop talking about this right before i posted, my bad.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I hope at least 100 people enter.

Pretty sure it's capped at 36 people or something. The one in Austin right?

Can someone fill me in on the u4x and xmen rosters??? Why on gods green earth would u4x make a change? 6-0 95% map win rate??

Sure might as well do the whole eu mess:

Tufoxy on U4X for Snakey

Snakey initially went to Infused but they broke up, now on Vibe for Ramirez

Ramirez on XMen for Tufoxy

Batchford is back on Infused

Fragxr has had Solar's spot on Pulse for a while

Dinos and Infused are unchanged

• Upvote (+1) 3

Pretty sure it's capped at 36 people or something. The one in Austin right?

Noo, the qualifying round is capped at 36 in the MS Store in Austin, but the actual RTX event has 2 qualifying rounds too, which doesnt have a cap. The top 6 teams from MS Store go through, and three from each of the qualifying events at RTX go through to the finals, giving 12 final players.

How do they choose the matches of the week? Is it just whoever vs CLG each week? Team bias aside I'd rather it it be the EG vs. RNG game as far as story goes. NV is in each "Game of the week" which is nice but c'mon. I don't see the effort put in.

Mouse over it and click that little X that shows up in the top right of the sig area.

Lets you hide all signatures or just his. I hid his last night. 

1ixpS05.png

Mind blown.  Thank you!

Edit: Ignoring so many user signatures now  :D

• Upvote (+1) 1

For those neging my last post. Please explain to me how beating a team 11+ times is a worse indicator then winning 3 games, when they are both online? Honestly.

• Downvote (-1) 11

Can someone fill me in on the u4x and xmen rosters??? Why on gods green earth would u4x make a change? 6-0 95% map win rate??

Ended 7-2 to U4X, they seem pretty dominant still. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I could give a heaping barrel of shit about Power Rankings, but this is absolutely terrible logic.

You're insinuating that practice is a better indicator of who is better than an actual series with importance? I'm guessing you also think every team is going 100% all-out during scrims?

Also, have you ever heard of people (particularly in sports) being called "practice players"? I'm not saying that's what RNG is, because I don't think they are, but the point stands that practice is a completely different beast than playing when something is on the line.

It's absolutely baffling that you think this. Honestly, now that I think about it, we need to go back in time and award EG the 2nd place prize money for Regionals AND Worlds!!!! I mean they were clearly the second best team according to scrims, right?

@ContrA,@PreDevoNatoR, @bubu dubu, and @Huke, make sure to give all of your prize money back when you get it!

The term "Practice how you play" comes to mind. Also no I'm saying a freaking 14 game series is better then winning 3 games.

For those neging my last post. Please explain to me how beating a team 11+ times is a worse indicator then winning 3 games, when they are both online? Honestly.

In scrims, teams will try different strategies and have much more casual conditions than a tournament setting and mindset. It's practice, tournaments or matches are where they put their practice to the test
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Snipedown should find an entirely new team.

Accidental neg; meant to upvote because I too, believe in this idea.

OK? So what's the issue then?

Made up for the mistake.

- Chad's favorite player is Heinz

- Chad joins Allegiance as the team's "statistician"

- Team has all these "chemistry issues"

- "Allegiance" drops Goofy and picks up Heinz

giphy.gif

Ok, but we actually went over a big list of players and Heinz was one of our top choices. And we went with the player that has already proven that they can compete at a top level and fills a lot of missing pieces that the team wanted in place of Goofy.

There's no giant conspiracy here where everyone on Allegiance was against picking up Heinz and I forced them into picking him up strictly because I like Heinz.

Or did I?

W6Q26CY.gif

Off-topic: I had to look up that scene on YouTube for the Incredibles after seeing that GIF. Great movie and cannot wait to watch the 2nd. 

I just want to point out how far has Beyond gone since when the site launched.

There is only one way how to legitimately establish yourself as a pro player. Getting that green name from Beyond staff. Only then you will gain appropriate respect and recognition.

Like seriously, not joking. Congrats and thanks again to everyone behind all this. And also thanks to all the lovable nerds who visit this place numerous times every day.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well, in my conspiracy the team wouldn't really be against it. Heinz would be among the candidates and you would encourage them to go for him among other options. 

Also, this will sound snobby, but please don't call yourself a statistician. 

Edit: Analyst, stats guru, numbers guy, etc. These all work. 

You don't sound snobby. You just sound a little slow. It could be the giant stick that somehow found it's way up your ass, though. May I suggest a doctor?

• Upvote (+1) 4

You don't sound snobby. You just sound a little slow.

Lol, that was basically the "whatchu mean, whatchu mean" of comebacks.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Lol, that was basically the "whatchu mean, whatchu mean" of comebacks.

it's not a "comeback" if you weren't talking to me.

Let's just be clear: You're implying that ALG's STATISTICIAN (or number-doer as you would have it) had enough pull in a team change decision to get a player he likes placed on the team.

Ridiculous. Anyways, I'll move on.

I didn't neg you, but, scrims are practice.

Scrims will never mean MORE than league matches, despite both being online.

It's a mental thing. 

Doesn't matter that the Warriors went 72-9 all season, they lost when it counted.

I'm sure Golden State was the #1 team in the NBA power rankings all season, and then they lost as many games in the postseason as they did in the entire regular season. Good analogy Vin.

Practice should never mean more than performance where and when it "counts." I'm not saying this as an argument for or against power rankings. But I'm saying that nV beating RNG in a pro league matchup should hold more weight than losing a scrim to that same team. It doesn't matter how well you shoot 3s in the regular season practice if you're official record is still coming up Ls.  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Perfect example for you: Please tell me how the Golden State Warriors having a 73-9 record during the season is better than losing the NBA finals 3-4.

Pro League matches/Tourney matches> Scrims

Matches that matter> practice

Hope this help! :D

Do you know how does @@Mikwen manage to toss out nades so damn quickly? I don't think he even does the "hand-toss" animation when using his nades. I know he Y-Y's, but is that all there is to it? 

@@Mikwen feel free to chime in and share with us your secrets  :simms:

Perfect example for you: Please tell me how the Golden State Warriors having a 73-9 record during the season is better than losing the NBA finals 3-4.

Pro League matches/Tourney matches> Scrims

Matches that matter> practice

Hope this help! :D

Fair enough. But  take your guys match against Renegades, you guys won 3 matches 2 of which were on the same map. Vs they beat you guys handily in a scrim series. Obviously I don't know if you guys weren't trying as hard. But I FEEL like they excuse doesn't have as much weight as people say it does. :)

I didn't know this was such a hot button topic when I made the original post lol.

• Downvote (-1) 7