CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Is Pro League 23rd and 24th or 24th and 25th?

23rd and 24th. But I guess technically 24th and 25th for us Europeans  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thanks man

Feels-Bad-Man-Frog-05.jpg

I'm pretty sure everyone read that as who also personally ranks teams and not a comment dismissing your work with the overall community ranking.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I'm pretty sure everyone read that as who also personally ranks teams and not a comment dismissing your work woth the overall community ranking.

I know, I'm 100% just busting balls  :simms:

I saw a good meme worthy post and I went for it, clearly I failed  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I asked Lethul this question last night in his stream and he gave a good answer, but I'll ask it here. 

Is there any path that you can see for Optic Gaming to make the Finals? 

Personally its CLG, nV, and RNG who are a locked for Top 3. Currently EG/E6 are fighting for fourth but OG is 2-4 and playing E6 and TL which are both winnable matches. With their schedule they could mount a comeback campaign but of course atm its unlikely. 

Thoughts?

• Upvote (+1) 2

I know, I'm 100% just busting balls :simms:

I saw a good meme worthy post and I went for it, clearly I failed :mj:

Add the :lxthul: smiley at the end for trolling ;)

• Upvote (+1) 1

So do Assault or Goofy get a cut of their team's prize money? I'll be honest, from an outside perspective it looks like Goofy got kicked out of the Pro League and a chance for prize money just so an ALG employee could have his favorite player on the team.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 20

Rostermania has caused quite a fair bit of #DramaAlert

No fighting plz I just want to play Halo

Please don't tell me keemstar is still around... I thought for sure that the online community would have self cleansed that particular stain by now.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

As always the power rankings are a piss take, how can anyone justify putting Liquid in 6th

Liquid won a scrim, against a team who is known to underperform in scrims. Their own analyst disagrees with their rank for christ sake. They have shown nothing to warrant it. 

Because if Liquid win this week, they will literally be in 6th, and based off their performance vs nV/E6 last week, the panelists believe Liquid will probably win vs OpTic/ALG this week.

I can understand putting Liquid at 6th, I just think the panel are jumping the gun in doing so.

I take that Liquid 6th place as the panelists who put them there confidently saying, "Liquid will 2-0 this week."

If it doesn't happen, they'll look a bit silly.

If it does happen, everyone will understand their vote a little better.

There's no question Liquid have improved since acquiring Danoxide -- we've continued to have close scrims with EG (always one game apart one way or the other), we beat OpTic in a scrim last week 10-3 or something, we beat nV two nights ago 8-6, and we actually played what looked like good games for most of the series against CLG.  We took games off both nV and E6...who both 3-0'd EG.

So there's data to support the Liquid 6th vote, I just think it's pre-emptive.

So do Assault or Goofy get a cut of their team's prize money? I'll be honest, from an outside perspective it looks like Goofy got kicked out of the Pro League and a chance for prize money just so an ALG employee could have his favorite player on the team.

Goofy was dropped because relative to the rest of the pro league, he's terrible.

The cut of prize money thing is an interesting suggestion but I'm not sure it holds up. While Goofy was technically a part of their victories, you can just easily argue that he was holding them back from actual money in the top 4.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Eh they beat them in a best of 5 series playing the same map twice. RNG beat them in a scrim. While the series is obviously more important, but as a judge for what team is truly better, scrims are better in my opinion.

I could give a heaping barrel of shit about Power Rankings, but this is absolutely terrible logic.

You're insinuating that practice is a better indicator of who is better than an actual series with importance? I'm guessing you also think every team is going 100% all-out during scrims?

Also, have you ever heard of people (particularly in sports) being called "practice players"? I'm not saying that's what RNG is, because I don't think they are, but the point stands that practice is a completely different beast than playing when something is on the line.

It's absolutely baffling that you think this. Honestly, now that I think about it, we need to go back in time and award EG the 2nd place prize money for Regionals AND Worlds!!!! I mean they were clearly the second best team according to scrims, right?

@ContrA,@PreDevoNatoR, @bubu dubu, and @Huke, make sure to give all of your prize money back when you get it!

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

23rd and 24th. But I guess technically 24th and 25th for us Europeans  :mj:

You will ruin your sleeping pattern and you will like it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You will ruin your sleeping pattern and you will like it.

So true. I just wait until the morning now. 

I asked Lethul this question last night in his stream and he gave a good answer, but I'll ask it here. 

Personally its CLG, nV, and RNG who are a locked for Top 3. Currently EG/E6 are fighting for fourth but OG is 2-4 and playing E6 and TL which are both winnable matches. With their schedule they could mount a comeback campaign but of course atm its unlikely. 

Thoughts?

I personally don't see them being in the top 4 at the end of the regular season. They have a relatively easy schedule this week, but next week they face nV and RNG, then CLG and e6 the following week. They would also need to win some of their series convincingly to help their map%. If they do wind up in top 4, it will be a great run and I think you could say the green wall is officially back.  :weback:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Please don't tell me keemstar is still around... I thought for sure that the online community would have self cleansed that particular stain by now.

No he's still very much around. Even had a very messed up situation happen recently. I don't wanna go too off topic (or give him more attention than this) just google "Keemstar Runescape Streamer" (If you haven't heard about what happened yet)

• Upvote (+1) 1

I could give a heaping barrel of shit about Power Rankings, but this is absolutely terrible logic.

You're insinuating that practice is a better indicator of who is better than an actual series with importance? I'm guessing you also think every team is going 100% all-out during scrims?

Also, have you ever heard of people (particularly in sports) being called "practice players"? I'm not saying that's what RNG is, because I don't think they are, but the point stands that practice is a completely different beast than playing when something is on the line.

It's absolutely baffling that you think this. Honestly, now that I think about it, we need to go back in time and award EG the 2nd place prize money for Regionals AND Worlds!!!! I mean they were clearly the second best team according to scrims, right?

All I could think of while reading these posts about scrims

2652659-6894110353-dwf7v.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 6

Because if Liquid win this week, they will literally be in 6th, and based off their performance vs nV/E6 last week, the panelists believe Liquid will probably win vs OpTic/ALG this week.

I can understand putting Liquid at 6th, I just think the panel are jumping the gun in doing so.

I take that Liquid 6th place as the panelists who put them there confidently saying, "Liquid will 2-0 this week."

If it doesn't happen, they'll look a bit silly.

If it does happen, everyone will understand their vote a little better.

There's no question Liquid have improved since acquiring Danoxide -- we've continued to have close scrims with EG (always one game apart one way or the other), we beat OpTic in a scrim last week 10-3 or something, we beat nV two nights ago 8-6, and we actually played what looked like good games for most of the series against CLG.  We took games off both nV and E6...who both 3-0'd EG.

So there's data to support the Liquid 6th vote, I just think it's pre-emptive.

I am in no doubt that liquid have improved, I actually believe and think I have posted previously that liquid is the only team that I cannot comprehend, you grind the game, look good in scrims and have some of the best individually skilled players in the game but for whatever reason can't put it together in league matches.

That is why I am saying your placing is inaccurate, because liquids problems are not like those of ALG who simply do not function, your problem is mental and can be rectified once confidence and belief is restored to those players,

I think you guys are easily the 7th best team as allegiance is falling apart, (we don't even know who the full roster is) but to put you guys over optic soley based on scrim results in ludicrous becuase you guys have historically always preformed better in scrims if memory serves me correct. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Okay, wait, people ACTUALLY think this?

Do you really think Chad has more pull than the actual coach/players? I'm sure he suggested it but it's no secret Heinz is probably the best option outside of the players already on Pro rosters.

You can make an argument for players on FTM, Cata, etc but at the end of the day, ALG needs some guidance. 

Heinz is a vet, a leader, level headed/calm and is actually pretty damn good.

I agree that Heinz being a veteran gives them some experience. However, skill wise I think there are a number of AMs better than Heinz so I don't really agree that he is the best option. I am always eager to throw on the tin foil hat and I just think there are a number of better choices. 

Goofy was dropped because relative to the rest of the pro league, he's terrible.

The cut of prize money thing is an interesting suggestion but I'm not sure it holds up. While Goofy was technically a part of their victories, you can just easily argue that he was holding them back from actual money in the top 4.

They haven't really changed that though. They still aren't competing for top 4. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 6

On the topic of prize money, has any sort of payout structure been announced? It would be nice to know what's at stake. 

The more I think about it, the happier I am that Heinz is back in the professional scene where he belongs.

Incredibly excited to watch ALG play

On a side note, I've also decided to start grinding team arena again on the main tag today.

It's been almost 4 months since I grinded a ranked playlist in Halo 5 and I think it'll get my excitement level (which HAS been dwindling) for the Pro league up. 

I agree that Heinz being a veteran gives them some experience. However, skill wise I think there are a number of AMs better than Heinz so I don't really agree that he is the best option. I am always eager to throw on the tin foil hat and I just think there are a number of better choices. 

Out of curiosity, who do you think ALG should have picked up?

Thoughts?

i mean if they win both their matches this week they are top 4, and its not like E6 and liquid are unbeatable

Out of curiosity, who do you think ALG should have picked up?

My first choice would have been Renegade. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

My first choice would have been Renegade. 

Interesting choice, and I don't disagree with you, but I feel like with the hostility on the roster as it is, a new player like Renegade would do barely anything for the team.

He'd probably be more quiet/less vocal than someone like Heinz and the same issues would be there. Whereas with Heinz he has the ability to diffuse tough situations for them.

• Upvote (+1) 1