CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I'll be honest, when halo was kind of dead i played csgo, pretty much like right when csgo came out i played it, and everyone in the game was talking about how csgo will never grow to be a big esport and how FPS's weren't ever going to be big in esports again. I remember the majors back in like 2013 not pulling many viewers, weakish prize pools, csgo not being a top streamed game. It grew over time and was advertised well and put out content like skins in to attract people to the game.

i think Halo 5 has a lot of potential, its incredibly entertaining to watch, the skill gap is very high (even with a lot of bullshit like railguns and storm rifles), the story lines in game are great (this is kind of what kept melee alive). all we need is to get more people exposed to all of these great qualities that H5 has.

It would be great if optic members made more engaging content videos, did giveaways of game codes to get people playing, game tutorials on how to play, did stuff like player gameplay submissions so they could break them down and say how to improve. The optic audience might not be able to change the population size very much on their own, but getting some new people involved and enjoying the game will be advertising on its own. they will enjoy it, tell their friends, who will play and do the same thing

CSGO was a shit game on release. On the level of H4 bad.

The game has had many updates since then. H5 has not, and 343 seems perfectly content with their game as is. CSGO is also a PC game. And $15, lower during sales.

And no, H6 being on PC doesn't bail H5's performance either.

You can't compare the two.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

these vods are so clutch, ty esl

New licensees and associated products include:

• AC Worldwide: 30cm tall Bluetooth speakers in the shape of Halo characters (U.S., Canada, Europe).
  • Bensons Trading Company: show bag novelty items including key rings, sippers, balls, inflatables, backpacks, stickers, temporary tattoos, mugs and cups, drink bottles and more (Australia, New Zealand)
  • Danilo Promotions: calendars, greeting cards, gift wraps and more (Europe).
  • H2W Sunstaches: Halo-themed novelty and traditional sunglasses (U.S., Canada).
  • Industrias Darks: T-shirts, hoodies, varsity jackets, leggings (Mexico).
  • Jada Toys: Two, four and six-inch “METALS” Halo die-cast statues (Worldwide).
  • Licensing Essentials: Apparel for men, ladies, underwear, sleepwear, headwear, homewares and giftware (Australia, New Zealand).
  • PDP: customized Halo-themed controllers and faceplates (U.S., Canada, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Australia, New Zealand).
  • Rubber Road: Holiday-themed sweaters, knitted hats, coat hooks, water bottles and coffee travel-mugs (U.S., Canada, Europe).
  • ThinkGeek: Desktop weapon replicas, drinkware, USB chargers for car, desktop and portable needs, giant slippers, foam melee weapons and role-play ballistic weapons (U.S., Canada and Worldwide Online).
  • Wicked Replicas: Lighting (Headlamp Heroes, Logo Lamps, Neon Lamps) plus tin signs, flexible wearable masks and numerous replicas (Australia, New Zealand).

In addition, 343 Industries has renewed its partnership with The Coop, and Skullcandy & ASTRO Gaming. Current partner J!NX will also add plush to its line-up of Halo products, and Dark Horse Comics adds Halo comics to Comixology Unlimited. The new additions join previously announced offers from master toy partner Mattel.

Read more at http://news.xbox.com/2016/06/20/new-global-licensed-partners-coming-halo/#306eb0iMRVQGtkKE.99

• Upvote (+1) 4

• H2W Sunstaches: Halo-themed novelty and traditional sunglasses (U.S., Canada).
  • Industrias Darks: T-shirts, hoodies, varsity jackets, leggings (Mexico)

CLG to show up with shades, staches and leggings at the next HWC

• Upvote (+1) 2

CSGO was a shit game on release. On the level of H4 bad.

The game has had many updates since then. H5 has not, and 343 seems perfectly content with their game as is. CSGO is also a PC game. And $15, lower during sales.

And no, H6 being on PC doesn't bail H5's performance either.

You can't compare the two.

Halo 5 is updated monthly with free content, balancing, and game fixes so it is fallacious to assert the opposite. 

Price is true but Halo 5 is $40~ and I'm sure you can find it for cheaper. 

Reason CSGO ultimately has a higher ceiling is it being on PC and published on Steam by Valve. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

1) they need to fix spectator mode

2) they need to allow access to official matches from inside the game

3) they need to revamp the in-game economy to allow gambling RP (whales would be donating to the prize pool like crazy)

From the same PC gaming article I stole the graph from:

So 4) we also need more LANs

This is true. In game-client and RP gambling is absolutely 100% going to better Halo 5.

This is true. In game-client and RP gambling is absolutely 100% going to better Halo 5.

I dunno about REQ gambling myself, but I agree that a player-driven in-game economy drastically increases manufactured addiction Player Investment.

If there were more rare skins, armor designs, or even some beyond-mythic-rarity REQs usable in Warzone that players could trade with one another, it would drive them to go for REQs and such a lot more often.

Hell, LoL realized how important this kind of stuff was this year and added their Hex Crafting stuff.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I dunno about REQ gambling myself, but I agree that a player-driven in-game economy drastically increases manufactured addiction Player Investment.

If there were more rare skins, armor designs, or even some beyond-mythic-rarity REQs usable in Warzone that players could trade with one another, it would drive them to go for REQs and such a lot more often.

Hell, LoL realized how important this kind of stuff was this year and added their Hex Crafting stuff.

If 343 gives us the ability to gift REQ cards, the rest can easily be done by a third party. Would be pretty awesome to see a REQ market spring up.

• Upvote (+1) 2

What's all this talk about REQ economy?  Was something announced that I missed?

Nah. 

30 minutes until the EU and NA community power rankings are released

EU is interesting and NA makes me sad

• Upvote (+1) 2

30 minutes until the EU and NA community power rankings are released

EU is interesting and NA makes me sad

EU seems like a very fluid scene. Be fun to powerrank and watch every week. 

Shame NA is a bit more predictable even if there are more teams.