CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Cater to the competitive players and the casuals will follow. 343 puts too much emphasis on the casual players.

1222361901351.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 7

1222361901351.jpg

And that's enough internet for today.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think it's stupid that teams can make changes after only 3 weeks of Pro League.

There's 7 weeks of the Pro League. So the halfway point would be between Thurs-Fri next week.

This time makes sense to me to be the transfer period.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Cater to the competitive players and the casuals will follow. 343 puts too much emphasis on the casual players.

I dont know why youre being negged.

Your statement is actually partly true.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Casuals are barely playing Halo 5 anymore lol. In Halo 4 they swung to all casual side and in Halo 5 it's aimed towards the competitive folks. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I just wanted to put my 2 cents in here:

1. Batch getting dropped is ridiculous. It appears the EU scene fucked things up. Even though this occurred, I am hoping it motivates Batch even more to kick ass in the Challenger League. Also, plz don't take away his green, he earned that shit.

2. I want to know what is holding up the NA side of this shitstorm. I don't see many changes occurring, but it seems like nothing is happening. There has to be some roster changes somewhere. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

We need more money from 343

money helps a lot but what really matters is if people enjoy playing the game. you can make the prize pool as big as you want to artificially inflate the viewers but long term that isn't sustainable. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Casuals are barely playing Halo 5 anymore lol. In Halo 4 they swung to all casual side and in Halo 5 it's aimed towards the competitive folks. 

Thats why I said *partly* true.

The first statement he made is absolutely 100% true.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just wanted to put my 2 cents in here:

1. Batch getting dropped is ridiculous. It appears the EU scene fucked things up. Even though this occurred, I am hoping it motivates Batch even more to kick ass in the Challenger League. Also, plz don't take away his green, he earned that shit.

2. I want to know what is holding up the NA side of this shitstorm. I don't see many changes occurring, but it seems like nothing is happening. There has to be some roster changes somewhere.

No team in NA would benefit much by swapping one player. Chemistry gets hurt more than anything.

Only thing I can POSSIBLY see is if Huke went to EG, but I doubt they make a change either.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Elumnite said on his stream earlier that he def knows of some good intel about what's going down, but didn't want to give it away. He said we should definitely be hearing about it within the next day

Yeah. LoL Dota CS etc all cater to the competitive players and they are doing very well.  

Exactly why you shouldn't cater to them. They don't stick around.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the main reason 343 forced AR's and Radar into competitive play so that it would help bridge the gap between competitive players and casuals?

Like you've said, the casuals are barely playing anymore or are just grinding warzone. If there's no justifiable increase in competitive halo players due to having radar/AR starts, I see no reason to leave them in.

/rant

I think 343 had good intentions, but at this point I don't think radar has helped anything.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Yeah. LoL Dota CS etc all cater to the competitive players and they are doing very well.  

Yup. I, for example got into comp Halo from playing it casually.

Exactly why you shouldn't cater to them. They don't stick around.

That's the thing, they don't cater towards casuals.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the main reason 343 forced AR's and Radar into competitive play so that it would help bridge the gap between competitive players and casuals?

Like you've said, the casuals are barely playing anymore or are just grinding warzone. If there's no justifiable increase in competitive halo players due to having radar/AR starts, I see no reason to leave them in.

/rant

I think 343 had good intentions, but at this point I don't think radar has helped anything.

Radar and AR work well in Halo 5, but that's a discussion for another thread. Also, radar/AR is the LEAST of our problems 
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 5

The tournament was announced about a month ago and had a 3k prize pool.

I drove 5 hours there to cast just to find out it had been cancelled. 5 hours back home and all I could think about was how sad that only 8 players showed up to what could have been a phenomenal event. We had Optic there, 1 other team and an entire production crew ready to make serious things happen. 2k viewers last Esports Arena Halo tournament (50k peaked for OW), I was looking to double that but I'm beginning to lose hope when I see things like this. I would have rather taken a kick in the groin and get it over with. 

it was announced a month ago? then why did i only hear about it like 4 days ago?

maybe that's why no one showed up

also you guys were competing directly with the hcs open circuit so that probably didn't help the cause 

don't lose hope in the community, blame yourself for poor promotion and planning 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

That's the thing, they don't cater towards casuals.

Yes they do lol. Ever heard of something called Warzone? Jesus.

it was announced a month ago? then why did i only hear about it like 4 days ago?

maybe that's why no one showed up

also you guys were competing directly with the hcs open circuit so that probably didn't help the cause 

don't lose hope in the community, blame yourself for poor promotion and planning 

Same weekend as Open Circuit. Obviously no one would turn up. It should have been between Seasons 1 and 2 imo.

omg if Huke went to EG....  Plz

Nothing would change and the end result would be the same. Suspector is an amazing player. They need to practice more - that's it. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

You don't provide any facts and you're pretty misinformed so I'll save myself the time and energy. The only fact mentioned by anyone is that the ESA tournament conflicted with the HCS open days - I have a lot to say on this topic but the fact of the matter is the players could have played there, all 4 sitting next to each other, on an ideal tournament set up just like Optic did for the HCS Pro League this past week. 2 teams for a LAN tournament with 3k+ prize pool = a huge red flag and if the community doesn't see that...well we are being biased and blind at that point.

If anyone cares, I still am deeply passionate about Halo. Half of my life has been dedicated to this game and I love it. It has done a lot for me and I hope that I've reached a lot of people by sharing that same passion.

With that being said, I'm not sure where I stand in this thing anymore seeing as casting doesn't seem to be an option. I've put everything on the table when it comes to trying to compete and cast but it seems like 343, ESL, and other pro players believe someone else can do a better job. If that's the case I will be taking my talents elsewhere but will still always have a huge spot in my heart for Halo.

T2 my man you're awesome. Been around since basically the beginning and y'all have done wonders for this community. Love ya man