CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

After watching FS a lot during the LCQ grind and then seeing his pov at tournaments vs solo grinds I noticed something a little strange about his shot. I swear it actually gets worse the harder hes trying. Like communicating so much is cutting into his concentration in a big way. I only noticed because when he was relaxed and just playing he actually had a really really good shot and then tournament time comes and it swaps to this super frantic looking style of aiming. I almost think he'd be better if he could focus a bit more on himself.

Thats what happens when you let years of people telling you how you're this genius communicator/"leader" get into your head.  His communication is definitely too much, and it actually hurts his team IMO.  There should never be one guy on a team who feels like he has to dominate the line of communication; and with Flamesword its almost lie he's gotten to the point wherein he feels that is his "role".

• Upvote (+1) 3

Okay. Where was he at Regionals?

In the hardest pool (EG, Denial, nV), while C9 only had to beat fucking Optic & Dream Team. Not to mention having to pick up Domey before roster locks just for seeding points.

He's not consistently on any potential teams ATM. He's a fill in. Why? He's run games with various Elevate players pretty often, and did well in the nV scrims. 

Also, I watched his stream the other night for a few hours, his shot is inconsistent and his movement is average. 

I'm not hating, like I said, I like the dude, but there's a reason he's not on a top team right now and Danoxide was with c9. Hell, Randa fell off Coliseum last night like 3 times in a single match.   :lxthul:

When he plays MM he doesn't really take it seriously, and often keeps playing when tired. He shows up in scrims. 

Responses in bold. Danoxide has potential to improve a lot, but I still think Randa would be a better pick-up. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thats what happens when you let years of people telling you how you're this genius communicator/"leader" get into your head. His communication is definitely too much, and it actually hurts his team IMO. There should never be one guy on a team who feels like he has to dominate the line of communication; and with Flamesword its almost lie he's gotten to the point wherein he feels that is his "role".

I don't understand how someone can communicate "too much". He's always done this he's just not as good at Halo as he used to be. I don't think him talking less is gonna jut magically improve his game.

The thing about Snip3down is in a way his drive.  When he's calm he plays solid, but not great.  When he gets on tilt like he does online sometime, he is below average.  When you piss him off though, he turns up.  Look at worlds.  As soon as (I can't remember) shouted that comment about Commonly across the stage, you could see Eric get pissed and he dropped 34 kills the next game.  He needs a fire under his ass. 

Isn't Lethul leaving them enough of a fire? I mean the fire burned brightest at X-Games, but Regionals  and Worlds, he seems to have sort of a mental block vs Lethul. 

Does anyone know what Penguin's first Halo was? (like actually competed in)

h4 xD I know he played reach a bit but didn't compete. Pretty sure first event was h2a if I have my #penguin knowledge correct
  • Upvote (+1) 6

"optic halo should make a change, they are never gonna win anything with X, Y, and Z!"

success for optic halo isn't determined by tournament placings

it's determined by youtube views and subs 

they don't care about not winning 

Sure. But it doesn't have to be both youtube and subs if you can make Optic a winning org. Formal just streams a ton and Hecz hasn't booted him from Optic. And does every member of their CS team grind youtube?

There are plenty of Halo players out there willing to at least stream a lot. And they will be more willing to when they get a boost in viewers

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't understand how someone can communicate "too much". He's always done this he's just not as good at Halo as he used to be. I don't think him talking less is gonna jut magically improve his game.

Well its not really about talking less but more about worrying about his own situation more. Maybe that just isn't natural for him and its why it only comes out when he isn't playing with his team and stuff like that but he can play a better individual game than he does if he can figure out how to put himself in that mentality a bit

He rambles constantly to the point where it seems like he can't process his OWN plays or what others are telling him because he's so fixated on "communicating".  I guarantee that there are points wherein his teammates would want him to shut up.  There is absolutely a thing as over-communicating; its the same as people in real life who have poor listening skills because they focus too much on what is coming out of their own mouth.

I don't agree at all that he's significantly worse from a "skill level" in this game versus past titles.  His stats are in line with what he was doing in H3 and Reach; his skill looks about the same.  You're talking about the same guy who dropped a neg 20-something in a Reach game; its silly to suggest that the difference is that he was so much better from a "skill point" in those games.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Well its not really about talking less but more about worrying about his own situation more. Maybe that just isn't natural for him and its why it only comes out when he isn't playing with his team and stuff like that but he can play a better individual game than he does if he can figure out how to put himself in that mentality a bit

But what's more important? Him doing better individually, or keeping the team on the same page?

XBXzzno.jpg

Sorting Hat: Hmm, difficult. VERY difficult. Plenty of strategy, I see. Not a bad shot, either. There's talent, oh yes. And a thirst to prove yourself. but where to put you?

Pznguin: Not Optic. Not Optic.

Sorting Hat: Not Optic, eh? Are you sure? You could be great, you know. It's all here in your head. And Optic will help you on the way to greatness, there's no doubt about that. No?

Pznguin: Please, please. Anything but Optic, anything but Optic.

Sorting Hat; Well if you're so sure, better be... RENEGADES!

This has been one of the most original posts I have seen these days. Even with all the dank memes and gifs. Well done Sir. Enjoy that plus rep. 

• Upvote (+1) 9

But what's more important? Him doing better individually, or keeping the team on the same page?

Arguably he shouldn't have to be keeping his team on the same page in game in the sense of having to more or less control the communication. Obviously communication is extremely important but hes not the only guy on the team with a working mic.

It is his choice and they're the guys on the team though. I just can't help but wonder how they'd do if they had other vocal players as well and he was just allowed to focus on himself a bit more.

Why does one player need to "keep the team on the same page"? That isn't the most optimal team dynamic and never will be.

• Upvote (+1) 1

nV El Town??? Damn I'm grasping here lol. Really want to know what the whole ALG situation is right now. 

Edit:

My body is ready.

• Upvote (+1) 5

i wouldnt mind seeing OpTic drop flame to coach/trainer/smoothie maker and picks up stellur, ace, apg

Responses in bold. Danoxide has potential to improve a lot, but I still think Randa would be a better pick-up. 

He fell off Coliseum 3 times during a scrim, btw, not MM.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Fixed It!

Never said he was better than Lxthul in this game and I wasn't making a direct comparison.  Simply that he has the potential but hasn't brought it out yet. 

After playing Maniac and Flame quite a bit and watching their streams Maniac seems to be way behind the curve in H5 shot wise, movement wise, awareness, and communication. Flamesword seems vastly more intelligent in H5 and has a better H5 shot imo), regardless the both of them need to put a lot of time into the game still.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Isn't Lethul leaving them enough of a fire? I mean the fire burned brightest at X-Games, but Regionals  and Worlds, he seems to have sort of a mental block vs Lethul. 

It should be, but I think after X-Games it died because they won.  You can clearly tell when he gets mad he turns up.  He has the talent to be a T2/3 player, just needs to bring it out.

It should be, but I think after X-Games it died because they won.  You can clearly tell when he gets mad he turns up.  He has the talent to be a T2/3 player, just needs to bring it out.

You would think a $1 mil prize for 1st should've been enough motivation to be fired up.

• Upvote (+1) 3