CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

there's a joke about optic being poop in here somewhere.

Kudos to whoever finds it and mentions missing vetoes too.

Optic stopped giving a shit 5 days ago. Confirmed by @@MaNiaC :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Woke up today to see loads of people on /r/halo giving LxthuL hate. 

Christ alive.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So uh, missed this weekend of Halo because of work. Any notable pro league results/ scrim results/ Open LAN info/ gossip???

So uh, missed this weekend of Halo because of work. Any notable pro league results?

CLG swept renegades and E6, EG got swept by nV, Optic beat allegiance in a game 5. Liquid took E6 to a game 5 and took a game off nV but still winless.

Oh and U4X dropped a game

Notable that not only did they drop a game, they dropped it to pulse who where on the same road as liquid, new addition of Fragger (that's how you say it, I've been informed) and there taking a game of the unbeaten champs and putting a series in the bag by beating infused also.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

CLG swept renegades and E6, EG got swept by nV, Optic beat allegiance in a game 5. Liquid took E6 to a game 5 and took a game off nV but still winless.

OpTic won vs Allegiance in game 5? Damn! Need to re watch that. Also nV reaching their potential!

Notable that not only did they drop a game, they dropped it to pulse who where on the same road as liquid, new addition of Fragger (that's how you say it, I've been informed) and there taking a game of the unbeaten champs and putting a series in the bag by beating infused also.

U4x dropped a game to pulse? How is such a thing achieved?

https://clips.twitch.tv/lxthul/LivelyElephantPoooound

shit now im going to be even worse at this game

not really one for settings or gameplay talk, but it's a little frustrating that something like this that adds a skillful element to the game without providing too huge an advantage somehow ends up patched/adjusted, yet other potential adjustments that people are actually clamoring for are not even considered...

• Upvote (+1) 3

U4x dropped a game to pulse? How is such a thing achieved?

Because the French are goats and when people underestimate them they take advantage of it

Try not being toxic, might go a long way for you.

Or how about other teams put on their big boy pants and scrim for practice? Who cares if they think Cratos is a meanie. Get your ass up and practice. I obviously don't know the actual reasons why they won't scrim E6, but if it's because of "emotions," then that's dumb as fuck. 

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Who won the esports arena thing today?

Edit: only one team showed up (presumably optic). What a joke.

BTW. I just realized something. For an open event in halo a private server would need to be brought. Could that play into why we aren't seeing these? Does COD/PS4 have LAN?

The esports arena announced that tourney like 3 days in advance, no wonder no one showed up

And yeah a server needs to be brought to the venue and from what I've heard it can cost up to 50k.

I think teams are not scrimming e6 because they are/were scared e6 is gonna land top 4, IMO

• Downvote (-1) 1

Quick question, does Contra and Ryanoob have beef? The reason why I ask this is because I want ALG to pick up Heinz in place of Goofy, but if Contra and RyaNoob have issues with each other, I can see Ryanoob being replaced.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Allegiance absolutely needs to drop Goofy, but I don't think Heinz is the answer. I'd like to see someone like Rammyy or Renegade get the shot over more washed MLG names.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 18

Quick question, does Contra and Ryanoob have beef? The reason why I ask this is because I want ALG to pick up Heinz in place of Goofy, but if Contra and RyaNoob have issues with each other, I can see Ryanoob being replaced.

The only 1 roster change rule is going to be weird w/ any team that has clear duos. Pretty sure Ryanoob/Goofy have been frustrated with Contra/Predev about not practicing enough. Which leaves at least 1 unhappy player on ALG, no matter what roster change they make. The one who gets away first is the best off, assuming they land on a good team. 

The big question in my mind, in terms of RosterMania, is whether EG tries to find a replacement for Suspector or not. Him as a F/A would cause a lot of chaos. Otherwise, I don't see many roster changes being made. If RNG weren't in third place now, I'd be betting on Commonly to E6 for Shooter.

The only 1 roster change rule is going to be weird w/ any team that has clear duos. Pretty sure Ryanoob/Goofy have been frustrated with Contra/Predev about not practicing enough. Which leaves at least 1 unhappy player on ALG, no matter what roster change they make. The one who gets away first is the best off, assuming they land on a good team.

I don't agree completely. If Goofy gets dropped, do you really think he's getting picked up by another pro team? The guy has been ALG's worst player by a good margin.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Because the French are goats and when people underestimate them they take advantage of it

i didnt know goats hung at the bottom of the table

The esports arena announced that tourney like 3 days in advance, no wonder no one showed up

And yeah a server needs to be brought to the venue and from what I've heard it can cost up to 50k.

I think teams are not scrimming e6 because they are/were scared e6 is gonna land top 4, IMO

Do you think 343 would help open LANs with server cost and the like? Big daddy Microsoft is the king of servers after all.

And can't E6 scrim high AM teams?

The big question in my mind, in terms of RosterMania, is whether EG tries to find a replacement for Suspector or not. Him as a F/A would cause a lot of chaos. Otherwise, I don't see many roster changes being made. If RNG weren't in third place now, I'd be betting on Commonly to E6 for Shooter.

Now that I think about it, is it really possible for a player not in the pro league to be pick up by a team currently in it? Hypothetically, if Goofy were to get dropped for Heinz, and not get picked up by any other pro team, it would be really unfair to him since he was a part of the reason why ALG qualified in the first place. If this acted as a trade period where a team wanting to make a roster change must only replace that said player with another player on a different team in the pro league, that would seem fair. Only problem with that rule is that there must be more than one team willing to make a roster change for the dominos to fall.

• Upvote (+1) 1