CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

That eLevate (2gre, Str8 Sick, Swift Kill, Danoxide) squad from last night didn't do too bad - lost 7-6 to nV + Naded. 

Still leaves Randa teamless :(

• Upvote (+1) 1

Guy is a monster slayer with an insane amount of individual skill, so I think all the hype surrounding him (for me anyway) is what he has that he can bring to teams.  A player like that can change team dynamic and force opportunities.  

Does anyone know what Penguin's first Halo was? (like actually competed in)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Awesome, so there you go, I think Spartan rejoining is definitely on the table.  Not sure of the likelihood of it happening but I'm sure it's an idea in the back of minds on both sides.  

Just because there was a "mutual split", doesn't mean that either party is just going to jump back together.  That Renegades roster clearly had serious consistency issues.  If I'm Ninja/Victory and Commonly/Penguin give the green light (barring that they continue to look good); thats the team regardless of what Spartan or Stellur want to do.

That eLevate (2gre, Str8 Sick, Swift Kill, Danoxide) squad from last night didn't do too bad - lost 7-6 to nV + Naded.

Still leaves Randa teamless :(

I think if you replace Danoxide with Randa it would be a pretty solid team.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think if you replace Danoxide with Randa it would be a pretty solid team.

Danoxide is probably better than Randa.

Randas a good dude and a solid player but watching his stream he's clearly a step behind the curve. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Thank you. I logged in just to post something similar. Flame is no where near as bad as this forum seems to think, and at least he actually plays the damn game. 

Maniac is sooooo much better idk what game you are watching 

(preparing to get negged hard) 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 3

While im here (im sure breaking records for number of posts sorry i apologize for being excited) im going to break down some potential landing spots for Spartan and Stellur.

I'll do each player individually because i do not think they are a duo anymore.

STELLUR

1.Liquid, with apg and ace, i think this fits stell's laid back personality, but aggressive play style. Slaying is more important in this halo than most if not all of the halos before this, and adding stellur to this liquid roster would "bee" deadly (sorry for the pun)

2.RNG, if penguin decides to not play for RNG i would love to see stellur return to play with commonly ninja and victory x. I picked stellur for a return over spartan because i think spartan and ninja have done all they can do together, and stellur is still an evolving player, where spartan has established himself as one of the games top slayers. Its just a chemistry thing, no knock on spartan at all.

3.Optic, The optic fans loved Stellur, and i think stellur liked the optic guys as well. Maybe they dont compete for a world championship, but i can see this squad competing for top 8. Optic also gives Stellur the opportunity to build his brand/name if he so chooses.

4.NV, Stellur would be a great slaying addition to NV if they dont keep Naded.

5.Wildcard team, Stellur could possibly make his own team, i could see him putting a team together of maybe him spartan ogre 2, and swift kill.

SPARTAN

1.Liquid, with stellur. 2 words, Slaying. Power. Liquid with Sparty and Stell would be a crazy good slaying team, and with ace not needing to slay as hard he can put his great halo mind to use with smart objective play.

2.NV, Sparty also brings heavy slaying and smart gameplay to NV. i think it would be a great fit for his agressive but smart playstyle.

3.Optic, with stellur. THIS would actually have the potential to be a great, fun team. Sparty's personality fits with the optic brand, and i think he and stellur would turn flame and maniac into better players.

4.WIldcard team. Sparty absolutely has the power and skill to create a monster team, he could get players to leave their current teams probably and if thats the case, i could see spartan ogre2, huke/bubu, and stellur.

The thing about Snip3down is in a way his drive.  When he's calm he plays solid, but not great.  When he gets on tilt like he does online sometime, he is below average.  When you piss him off though, he turns up.  Look at worlds.  As soon as (I can't remember) shouted that comment about Commonly across the stage, you could see Eric get pissed and he dropped 34 kills the next game.  He needs a fire under his ass. 

Randas a good dude and a solid player but watching his stream he's clearly a step behind the curve. 

Lolnope. Danoxide might have slightly better indiv. skill, but Randa knows the game inside and out. Did you see any of Danoxide's plays at Worlds? 

Randa also played very well on nV during their scrims a few nights ago. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm just happy we got to see some other versions what RNG could be. All of them viable for the most part. The 5 game series with PnGn, though I didn't get to see it, sounds like it was the best version we saw from the small sample size? 

I imagine it would be tough for Spartan to be let back in easily. Although he is kind of in the same situation Commonly was in when he left for EG, it didn't work out, and now he is running games with them again. But there was significant time between that. Don't get me wrong, 

All above is just my opinion btw, I am no Roster Doctor.

I hope that players that were butthurt about someone leaving their squad in the past can get over it and start working together to form great teams that otherwise wouldn't happen if they let their old grudges get in the way.  Ninja and VicX seems to be doing that with commonly, maybe they can with spartan too?

In a general sense this needs to happen more, it would show a real sign of maturity for all the players and the scene in general which i think would lead to more intelligently put together and consistent rosters that can all compete with each other.  That would be the best thing to happen to competitive halo so we can avoid some of the anticlimactic tournament finishes.

I'm a closet Optic fan, so I want to see them do well. Hope they get a solid squad. I also like Ace/APG so I'm hoping they turn out a solid squad too. 

Maybe Ace/APG go to Optic then I can combine my fandom!?!?!?! 

When's the pro league announcement? 

Lolnope. Danoxide might have slightly better indiv. skill, but Randa knows the game inside and out. Did you see any of Danoxide's plays at Worlds? 

Randa also played very well on nV during their scrims a few nights ago. 

Okay. Where was he at Regionals?

He's not consistently on any potential teams ATM. He's a fill in. Why?

Also, I watched his stream the other night for a few hours, his shot is inconsistent and his movement is average. 

I'm not hating, like I said, I like the dude, but there's a reason he's not on a top team right now and Danoxide was with c9. Hell, Randa fell off Coliseum last night like 3 times in a single match.   :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Fuck u all I'll never be able to say CP for crowd pleaders again maybe CRP? Lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe but I also feel like Randa is one of those low key good teammates and I haven't really watched too much Danoxide POV. So my opinion may be a little skewed.

Maniac is sooooo much better idk what game you are watching 

(preparing to get negged hard) 

After watching FS A LOT during the LCQ grind and then seeing his pov at tournaments vs solo grinds I noticed something a little strange about his shot. I swear it actually gets worse the harder hes trying. Like communicating so much is cutting into his concentration in a big way. I only noticed because when he was relaxed and just playing he actually had a really really good shot and then tournament time comes and it swaps to this super frantic looking style of aiming. I almost think he'd be better if he could focus a bit more on himself.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would definitely like to see Stellur go to Liquid with APG and Ace. Have no idea who the 4th would be though.   

Don't forget about Denial either. Stellur with Contra and devon would be a scary team especially if Bubu sticks with them(idk how likely that is anymore).  

• Upvote (+1) 1

He is, statistically, the best player in the game.

This is a little bit of a stretch. He was statistically the best player at *Worlds*, but to take away from that statement a bit, not every player played against the same competition in a very small sample size. I obviously disagree with the person you were replying to, though, saying that Penguin 'didn't stick out at all'...