CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Referring to post above.

A better option is just a pause mechanic.

Person lags out, pause til back in, resume.

If only though...

Not perfect though. People would accidentally pause it.

Or in Contra's case, pause the game every 8 seconds.  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not perfect though. People would accidentally pause it.

Or in Contra's case, pause the game every 8 seconds. :simms:

Only pauses are allowed when technical error or tactically. One tactical pause per series. CS does this and it's brilliant.

Accidental pauses would actually hurt you, and be punishable offenses.

Doubt this ever happens though so meh

• Upvote (+1) 2

Funny enough Optic has been grinding more than usual the past couple of days despite being in Cali.

some local AM's bringing the giggles

• Upvote (+1) 6

Interesting factoid:

Ninja leads the league in damage per minute by a wide margin. The distance between him and #2 (Mikwen) is larger than the distance between #2 and #10 (Penguin).

A team I'd love to see play in Money 8's or something:

Ninja

Mikwen

Huke

Contra

I'm curious how much raw damage per second matters in a game, and if putting the top 4 highest DPS players together would be overwhelming. The null hypothesis of course would be that staying alive is more important than raw damage, but I'd like to see that common wisdom put to the test..

your posts >>> 

Only pauses are allowed when technical error or tactically. One tactical pause per series. CS does this and it's brilliant.

Accidental pauses would actually hurt you, and be punishable offenses.

Doubt this ever happens though so meh

1 time out per series per team sounds good. Technically you could fix an option to custom games where if somebody lags out, the game pauses automatically and waits to resume until all players are in the game again(removing accidental pauses & preferably there would be a countdown to when the game will resume again when all players are in the game).

I doubt the lag-out game pauses will be implemented, but wouldn't it be nice?

Shooting Combo is cheating. That is all I have to say.

Graph

Good shit man, great content as always, really shows why the teams at the top are at the top.

Just curious, do you think Ninja's rapid playstyle is effective or should he try and slow down a bit?

Whoever did that pic of towey and Elamite, that's mean man.

Also Elamite was killin it, I only saw two series' though.

In regards to optic- it will be interesting to see how hecz reacts if at all to focused public outcry. The sub didn't exist back in my day so fans having a dedicated place where they can all show unhappiness like that may impact his decision making/typical timeline.

• Upvote (+1) 2

What is interesting about the bottom three teams: (alg optic and Liquid)

Is that liquid despite having the worst map count with only 3 wins and 15 losses they actually have the highest K/D of all three team with a 0.92. Yet they have not won a single slayer yet.

Optic has the worst with a 0.89 but have a much better strongholds record than liquid going 3-3 and beat Liquid in a slayer. It seems liquid can slay better than both ALG and Optic but just cannot hold strongholds or win a slayer, which to me indicates they lack an understanding of how to hold set ups. As they clearly are not taking advantage of opportunities.

I think liquid really needs someone to direct these players around the map as they just don't seem to possess a strategic brain among them (except on coliseum ctf)

Catching up on the last two series now. But the pacing of the Pro League broadcast is far too slow. 

I would consider myself a "die hard spectator" of competitive Halo. I have yet to finish a full night of the Pro League. 

I remember when MLG switched to some random plugin/player for events, I went out and bought a new comp just to watch that weekends tourney. I normally consume 95-100% of an events broadcast. And yet, here I am struggling to hit 50%. I usually fall asleep by game 3 of series 2. 

Being on the absolute east coast of North America, the broadcast starts at 9:30PM for me. Late, but manageable. However when it is 11PM and the second series hasn't started yet.. that is a problem. It could of easily been 12AM had the first series not been a 3-0. 

Judging by the timestamp, I would of had to stay up until 2AM to consume the entire night of Pro League. That's never going to happen for me. 

The spectator view is a big culprit as to why this is not exciting to watch as well. I could deal with the slow pacing if it meant a better overall viewing experience from a gameplay perspective. But.. this has been hugely disappointing thus far. If it wasn't for FantasyHCS right now, I wouldn't even care about the Pro League. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I've kinda low key been thinking of switching my fandom. Used to enjoy cheering for Optic bc they could better the scene with their viewership, and I used to enjoy their vlogs but now they are just annoying. Been watching EG lately, might swing on over and start cheering for them. Especially if Optic don't give two shits about halo, I might as well pull for somebody who wants to succeed

now that EG are not the clear cut 1 (or more recently #2) they are definitely my team to root for. I hated them when they were winning but now that they have fallen off i want to see the rise to the top again.

Liquid should change its name to 08 lions because i think they are going to goose for the season. I just cant see them beating any of the other teams.

It went to shit even with Naded.

Dude, true.

I don't know how many people remember (and I don't even know if the stats will paint an accurate picture- I didn't look), but Naded absolutely DRAGGED Optic through the LCQ to make Pro League. It took Naded playing at 115%-Get-Out-Of-My-Way levels for Optic to get here. I like the other guys on Optic, particularly APG, Ace, and Str8, but Naded also happened to be the brains of the operation. A lot of times they just get lost and caught in situations where they should be much more connected with teammates. It's really hard to win 1v2's.

As far as Maniac is concerned, he has a great amount of technical (physical) ability and skill. His problem is that he almost always seems to be making the wrong decision- not just "where" to go, but how to get there as well. I'd say probably 75% of his 1v1 battles begin with either a) Maniac getting shot first or b) Maniac being in the disadvantageous position.

Edit: Anyone care to explain their downvote?

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 4

All these stats and analysis are nice and all, but I've seen so many blatantly wrong stats in games I've played that I don't actually trust the stat tracking in the game

Didn't expect to see this vid here haha. I'm the guy who laughed way too hard at his first ninja.

Shooting Combo is cheating. That is all I have to say.

It's only 3-4 times, but I scolded Lunchy about it, don't worry.

• Upvote (+1) 3

AobMeoH.jpg

Earlier somebody mentioned Ninja's damage per minute. I pulled the stats from Halo 5 arena and made this plot.

I've plotted as grey lines the average Damage per Minute and average Damage per Death in the Pro League. Then there's a fitted line with the linear relationship between these two variables.

In the abstract, “better” players fall to the top-right corner of the graph. What's interesting is where players fall above or below the diagonal dotted line. Ninja, for example, has dmg/death that is just above average, but is an outlier when it comes to damage per minute. This tells you a lot about his playstyle. Ninja plays fast. He engages quickly, dispenses damage quickly, dies, and does it all over again.

This is pretty much the opposite of how Royal 2 plays. Royal 2 is great at staying alive, and gets an absurd amount of value out of every death. Interestingly, he doesn't even lead the team in damage per minute. That's Snakebite, who plays at a very “average” speed relative to his dmg/death by pro league standards (as evidenced by the fact that he falls right on the fitted line).

Of note, on the high end, there's pretty much a straight line between Royal 2, Huke, Mikwen and Ninja. These players are all unloading tons of damage, but there are some stylistic differences between them. I will say, the fact that Huke can put out so much damage from Enigma6 (who currently stand 2-3 in the league) is rather absurd.

On the other side of the spectrum, Goofy and Assault have struggled. Goofy has an exceptionally low dmg/minute compared to his teammates (who are all above average in that department). Interestingly, eL ToWn is rather low in terms of damage per minute.

Let's wrap up with Liquid and Optic. If you look at the 4 non-Assault Liquid players (including Danoxide), they seem to collectively be very average, but Assault appears to be a weak link. All 4 Optic players are below average in terms of damage per death, and even though Maniac isn't doing well, there's nobody on the team really stepping up and outputting great numbers. 

Thats pretty awesome it pretty much says if your above the line and to the right your playing some pretty good halo. Who's the unsung RNG hero over there between Lethul and MIkwen?

Interesting factoid:

Ninja leads the league in damage per minute by a wide margin. The distance between him and #2 (Mikwen) is larger than the distance between #2 and #10 (Penguin).

A team I'd love to see play in Money 8's or something:

Ninja

Mikwen

Huke

Contra

I'm curious how much raw damage per second matters in a game, and if putting the top 4 highest DPS players together would be overwhelming. The null hypothesis of course would be that staying alive is more important than raw damage, but I'd like to see that common wisdom put to the test..

That would be like stepping into a control point in overwatch with 4 bastions setup.... bullet hoses. If that was a team their DPM's would all go down because they would be waiting on opponent respawns most of the time for someone to shoot at. Also sniper is going to slow down your dpm's I know MIkwen gets the majority of NV snipe not sure about the other guys.

• Upvote (+1) 2

NpbVZdQ.png

giphy.gif

It's crazy how FormaL cares more about OpTic Halo than than actual Halo team do.