CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

pvEU9.png

lol

was it worded poorly on my part? Or does he not have faith in his team? I know there is some "drama" or something going on with ALG. Was watching his stream before the pro league started

I was at work tonight, can someone enlighten me as to why so many people on twitter are upset at/with Optic? Didn't see any matches

I was at work tonight, can someone enlighten me as to why so many people on twitter are upset at/with Optic? Didn't see any matches

They lost today 3-0 and it turns out they didnt show up for the veto process for todays match or tomorrows. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

They missed the vetos again and got swiftly 3-0'd.

They missed the vetos again and got swiftly 3-0'd.

Once again I work like crazy, I'm assuming veto's is where each team can veto certain maps? What's it like they don't care or something ? I haven't watched much halo lately

Just drop the team captain and coach and you'll be fine. If Hecz likes them because they make great YT content then keep them in the org and let new players in. I feel like aPG and Str8 Sick will work hard regardless and Ace will too with direction. 

I know you guys like bashing Cratos, but please post the rest of that conversation. Idk how to but he actually sounds reasonable and says had the replay not happened and killed their momentum then the he felt the series would have been a fun one.

Careful - you might get banned for saying something that's not negative about cratos :)

• Upvote (+1) 2

Optic needs to either scrap this Halo team (again) and have these guys make VLOGS about what happened at chipotle full time

- OR -

Take their team seriously and cut this wanna-be celebrity views from the challenger league lifestyle shit.

Their COD team proved that you can be serious and have that lifestyle.  If Optic Halo loses their league spot, would they just leave the scene? Their chances of improving the current team are pretty low unless a certain pro comes back to Halo from COD

I've kinda low key been thinking of switching my fandom. Used to enjoy cheering for Optic bc they could better the scene with their viewership, and I used to enjoy their vlogs but now they are just annoying. Been watching EG lately, might swing on over and start cheering for them. Especially if Optic don't give two shits about halo, I might as well pull for somebody who wants to succeed

• Upvote (+1) 2

Flame's cool level just skyrocketed

His beard comes close to your candle. I know wonderboy loves Flames' beard.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Their COD team proved that you can be serious and have that lifestyle.  If Optic Halo loses their league spot, would they just leave the scene? Their chances of improving the current team are pretty low unless a certain pro comes back to Halo from COD

I think it is fair to say that the Optic COD team cares a hell of a lot more about winning than the Halo team ever has.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I think it is fair to say that the Optic COD team cares a hell of a lot more about winning than the Halo team ever has.

The CoD team is also dominant as fuck even when they don't practice. Doesn't work that way in Halo 5, even CLG still needs to grind to stay at the top. 

People are overreacting to OG IMO. Yes, missing vetos is insanely irresponsible but saying Hecz needs to scrap the team? They won 1 match and very well might win against ALG tomorrow putting them into the top 6 teams in the league.. If any team needs to be scrapped its Liquid and you can't even argue that. They've gotten trashed by everyone INCLUDING OpTic.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wonder if there's any possibility of adding in manual game score and time settings in custom games. Say blue team is up 1-0 in CTF with a 1:40 left to play, and someone lags out. With the manual score setting, they could go to custom games, set blue score  = 1, red score = 0, and game time to 1:40, and then finish the rest of the match. Obviously, this doesn't account for positioning and power ups and flag pulls at the time of the lag out, but I think it's much cleaner than an on screen annotation, especially for an online professional league. 

Or something crazier would be an option when ending a custom game due to lag out to "Save and Quit," like in Campaign. It saves everyone's locations on the maps, the weapons, powerups, etc, and you can resume it later. Seems like a lot of work, but I think it's something that can be developed going forward, as online tourneys become more prevalent. 

Also, what about the option to join a lobby as a spectator. I'm pretty sure this used to be an option in one of the previous games. This way, someone from ESL can join the game as the official referee, set the settings himself, and then be in the game live as a spectator. Perhaps that could even help with the current spectator mode lag. Idk, just thinking out loud. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Referring to post above.

A better option is just a pause mechanic.

Person lags out, pause til back in, resume.

If only though...

That feature is comong with the doubles playlist
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I wonder if there's any possibility of adding in manual game score and time settings in custom games. Say blue team is up 1-0 in CTF with a 1:40 left to play, and someone lags out. With the manual score setting, they could go to custom games, set blue score  = 1, red score = 0, and game time to 1:40, and then finish the rest of the match. Obviously, this doesn't account for positioning and power ups and flag pulls at the time of the lag out, but I think it's much cleaner than an on screen annotation, especially for an online professional league. 

Or something crazier would be an option when ending a custom game due to lag out to "Save and Quit," like in Campaign. It saves everyone's locations on the maps, the weapons, powerups, etc, and you can resume it later. Seems like a lot of work, but I think it's something that can be developed going forward, as online tourneys become more prevalent. 

Also, what about the option to join a lobby as a spectator. I'm pretty sure this used to be an option in one of the previous games. This way, someone from ESL can join the game as the official referee, set the settings himself, and then be in the game live as a spectator. Perhaps that could even help with the current spectator mode lag. Idk, just thinking out loud. 

@@Sal1ent @@Deez

I imagine this would be easier with a manual Time Limit but score would be a lot more difficult. Regardless, a good idea.

• Upvote (+1) 1