CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

the pro teams are willing to black list e6 but not clg? what is logic

They probably messaged Cratos to set it up and he blocked them, he's too cool to talk to other peasant pros. 

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

KGfzOia.jpg

e6 is the 4th best team in the pro league atm and can't get scrims :thinking:

the pro teams are willing to black list e6 but not clg? what is logic

I don't think it's about logic. Maybe they just don't like playing them. It's not like there's a shortage of other teams to scrim. Not that many teams are scrimming anybody these days.

Surely you have an opinion. Or are you not apart of the community?

Mic drop is well deserved. You do give a good and thorough analysis of the stats (that's why you are there stats analysis). I personally don't seem them as that #4 seed. I guess they do belong over E6 but that doesn't mean they are a better team than EG. I can't substantiate that argument like you did though.

I wish I was reading this real time, because I'm probably l8 as hell on this.

These are WEEKLY power rankings! Mostly based on Strength of opponent or how good/bad they are playing at the current time/week.

It seems like most other pros have no problem being respectful and mature with each other even if there's the odd bit of ribbing. You just come across like one of those high and mighty idiot AM kids. But you managed to go pro because in your words, you sacrificed family and friends for it. So if Roy or 2gre came in to your chat you would instantly ban them for talking? You're either trying to play the edgy card or are just a flat out moron.

You say he comes across like he's high and mighty compared to other pros? ;)

2qc2pee.jpg2qaivzo.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 3

Towey blamed the doubles tournament for their lack of practice. Someone from Beyond took it personally and ranked EG 8th. There is literally NO other reason to rank them below a team that is 0-4 and lost to EG last week. These power rankings are a joke every week.

Sure, they beat Liquid two weeks ago but Liquid took a game off of them in that series and then in this past week EG dropped a scrim against them (4-5). EG then went on to draw a scrim against eLevate, who only placed 4th in the Challenger series this past weekend.

Also, context is everything. I had EG at #4 last week and dropped them four spots to #8 this week. That's really not that far off from what everyone else did. Both Clicked and Simms dropped them three spots from #2 to #5. I can tell you that I was juggling my #5-8 teams constantly because this week's results were so hectic, but I think it's insane to suggest that me dropping them one more spot compared to two of the other power rankers is hardly worthy calling for a conspiracy.

EDIT:

I'm also not sure how our power rankings "are a joke every week". To use this week as an example, the only differences between our aggregate power ranking and the community one is nV and Renegades being flipped (which was close in both cases) and E6 and Allegiance being flipped (and many people were critical of Allegiance being ahead of E6 in the community power rankings).

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 3

The emptiest wagons make the most noise.

• Upvote (+1) 4

2qc2pee.jpg2qaivzo.jpg

You don't follow Pro's?

BANNED

• Upvote (+1) 5

This is what I meant by "missing context". The reason Cratos said any pro gets banned in his stream is because every pro team except EG is refusing to scrim E6. All out of hate for Cratos, I find it pretty pathetic to not scrim a team because of your dislike for one player. EG was their first pro team scrim since Optic on 6/1.

There is two sides to every story, everyone just loves to pounce on Cratos any chance they get. And no I'm not saying I agree with everything he says or how he goes about things.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Wait, a post from @@ahawowow criticizing the Beyond staff in someway? Weird stuff :wow:

Seriously guys, it's power rankings.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Am I the only one irked when pros Twitter handles are confusing? Like @liquidapg when he plays for OpTic and there are other examples. 

Am I the only one irked when pros Twitter handles are confusing? Like @liquidapg when he plays for OpTic and there are other examples. 

When you are verified you can't change your handle unless you want to lose it (the blue checkmark). OpTic probably going to hit up Twitter staff to change it.

Guys, Let's change the subject and talk about something more positive and happy! :)

Who is looking forward to some OPEN LA... Oh.. wait.

I'm convinced everyone who gets offended or upset does not follow any actual sports

This is it basically, at this point it's annoying to keep bringing it up. People have said dumb shit on ESPN, FS1, etc over the years I've become desensitized by it.

Look how many people had the Colts in the Super Bowl last year, they didn't even make the playoffs.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

When you are verified you can't change your handle unless you want to lose it (the blue checkmark). OpTic probably going to hit up Twitter staff to change it.

is there any benefit to being verified other than the fact you can tell people you're verified? lol

I'm not in their shoes so maybe I just don't understand, but if it's nothing more than a blue checkmark, who gives af

is there any benefit to being verified other than the fact you can tell people you're verified? lol

I'm not in their shoes so maybe I just don't understand, but if it's nothing more than a blue checkmark, who gives af

Believe they have filtering options for mentions, besides that a ego boost I guess lol?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Makes sense but seems like a needless rule.

This is it basically, at this point it's annoying to keep bringing it up. People have said dumb shit on ESPN, FS1, etc over the years I've become desensitized by it.

Look how many people had the Colts in the Super Bowl last year, they didn't even make the playoffs.

Or how many people had Michigan State winning March Madness and they flamed out first round? Who had Clemson being #1 in AP poll and almost beat Bama in National Championship? Who had Cubs having a breakout season this year? Things happen because when you are pro or semi-pro everyone is good. Sometimes the best go through slumps and others take their place.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm convinced everyone who gets offended or upset does not follow any actual sports

People take the power rankings way too seriously. It's community based, so everyone is going to think about different factors and it's impossible for people to put aside bias when doing it. There are players that I've been a fan of for years, and if their team is tied with (or even barely worse than) another team, I'm going to put them ahead.

I understand there are several community members who put a lot of time into keeping track of and updating the rankings (and thank you for doing so), but at the end of the day, they are imaginary ranks for us to talk about between league matches.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm loving how unpredictable the matchups have been outside of CLG. Is it Thursday yet?  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 2