CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

For future reference how does someone vote for the power rankings?

Last week someone posted a link to a survey online I think Vin_FTW is handling it? Can someone genuinely answer his question? Carrier Pigeon was funny though ;)

• Upvote (+1) 1

For future reference how does someone vote for the power rankings?

I put out a link with a survey that you can take to vote. Follow @HCSpowerranks

• Upvote (+1) 2

I put out a link with a survey that you can take to vote. Follow @HCSpowerranks

Thanks!  :intensifies:

Why are you asking me? :P

community power rankings

Surely you have an opinion. Or are you not apart of the community?

Maybe the quality of the matches means more than the record itself?

They got swept by the #2 team, nV, but the games were:

2-3

47-50

84-100 in a game they outslayed nV but still lost

They lost 2-3 to RNG where yes, they got steaked in both the slayers, but also won both CTFs handily 3-0 and 3-1.

They swept E6, and even though games 2 and 3 were close, they were a huge underdog going into the series, so pulling off a 3-0 turned a lot of heads.

They got swept by the #1 team, CLG, but had leads/were tied at the halfway mark of all 3 games.

Up 54-42 before losing 54-100

Up 31-29 before losing 38-50

Had a 5min 1st flag stalement to start the game only to give-in and give up flags 2 and 3 fast.

And some would argue that had ALG had a different schedule to start Pro League where they had faced Optic or Liquid (still have yet to play either team), they would have a better record than they currently do.

But by all means, let's just focus on the 1-3 and give 0 context behind the numbers.

And let's just arbitrarily put them below teams that just happen to have more wins at this point even though both of their wins are vs teams they'll also likely beat (EG's 2 wins being vs Liquid and Optic).

Or below teams they just swept this week (E6 3-0).

giphy.gif

Mic drop is well deserved. You do give a good and thorough analysis of the stats (that's why you are there stats analysis). I personally don't seem them as that #4 seed. I guess they do belong over E6 but that doesn't mean they are a better team than EG. I can't substantiate that argument like you did though.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

but that doesn't mean they are a better team than EG.

Luckily we'll get the answer to that question Thursday  :weback:

• Upvote (+1) 1

When I sent it back the 3rd time I tied a zip tie around it that they would have to cut off with scissors in order to work on it.  This way I could tell if they were actually working on it or were just mailing it right back to me.  It took them 5 weeks this time to get it back to me and when I received it the zip tie was in perfect condition.  

That is very clever. Thanks for this, I was considering one but still skeptical about shipping them in from US with no guarantee on quality.

• Upvote (+1) 1

4) I think Goofy really needs to start improving, it doesn't matter how good your obj or dirty work is if you are not getting the kills. Could possibly see heinz being brought in to replace goofy, if things do not improve. 

Funny you should say that. I like Goofy and think he's really selfless as a player, but I distinctly remember a recent Rig Strongholds where someone (Contra I believe?) said something to the effect of  "Goofy, capture strongholds. You're not slaying, know your role." Contra/Dev/Ryan were all sitting at at least 15 kills, and Goofy had 5 without doing much else. 

I don't pretend to know the dynamic or anything, but I you gotta wonder.

Complete pipe-dream here (nothing against Goofy), but I'd love to see Heinz on ALG.

Mic drop is well deserved. You do give a good and thorough analysis of the stats (that's why you are there stats analysis). I personally don't seem them as that #4 seed. I guess they do belong over E6 but that doesn't mean they are a better team than EG. I can't substantiate that argument like you did though.

ALG 3-0'd E6 and E6 3-0'd EG, don't you know your transitive properties.  :kappa:

power rankings when?

I put out a survey after Fridays matches. You can fill it out before Sunday at 5PM EST to vote in the community power rankings every week. Results are posted Monday at 5PM EST

Just loaded up the game, first thing the announcer says is "this is a rock-paper-scissors game"

Yup, RIP the HW2 esports dream

Really?. Wow such missed opportunity to make a decent RTS game.

As in infantry gets beat by vehicles, vehicles get beat by air vehicles.

Not a literal game of rock, paper, scissors.

You didn't played much of HW1 did you?. In HW1 due to low supply cap if you got stuck on the wrong unit you died since you didn't had enough time to tech switch to the proper counter since the game was basically like this: oh you build marines, now i build flamethrower, oh now i build tanks, oh now i build kobras.. and so on hard counters were too strong and the mobility was very low very hard to out maneuver a defensive player. Also to low base count the defensive player almost always won the game.

Per Cratos on stream, all of Allegiance are looking for new teammates. This supposedly from a text message from Ryanoob.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Anyone have the schedule for this week's matches?

If Halo's eSportspedia page is to be believed:

ca068e1e73.png

• Upvote (+1) 1

ALG 3-0'd E6 and E6 3-0'd EG, don't you know your transitive properties.  :kappa:

Doesn't make ALG a better team than EG. Oklahoma beat Villanova handily in the regular season but got REKT in the tournament.