CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Just loaded up the game, first thing the announcer says is "this is a rock-paper-scissors game"

Yup, RIP the HW2 esports dream

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Just loaded up the game, first thing the announcer says is "this is a rock-paper-scissors game"

Yup, RIP the HW2 esports dream

As in infantry gets beat by vehicles, vehicles get beat by air vehicles.

Not a literal game of rock, paper, scissors. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

As in infantry gets beat by vehicles, vehicles get beat by air vehicles.

Not a literal game of rock, paper, scissors. 

I know, I'm just saying, that was a limiting factor to HW1

You guys are truly the real MVP. Hosting so many free to enter, cash prize tournaments! Thank you

:simms:

Hope everyone is having a good E3 so far! Dat Scorpio hype. Halo 6 gun look good.

Here are the HCS community power rankings for week 2 of the pro league:

pnoJYxU.png

RIP EG :(

I feel like the 1st 6th 7th and 8th slots are the easiest to guess right now: CLG, EG, Optic, Liquid. 

The 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th slots are the toss-ups right now.

Seems as if I was right. My only problem was differentiating which team was better between NV and RNG for that 2nd spot. Although NV did beat RNG in a great game 5 series, it did go to game 5, meaning some plays or moments could have gone either way throughout the whole series.  Also, that E6 reverse sweep on NV threw me for a loop as well.  With practice, I can see EG getting back into the top 4 by the next power rankings if they show up this weekend. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

YASSSSSSS!! Does this mean EG goes without a coach this week though?

Can't coach unless you have a true team house. EG did not have a true team house so its not a huge loss, but it is a huge gain for us!

Hope everyone is having a good E3 so far! Dat Scorpio hype. Halo 6 gun look good.

pnoJYxU.png

Why is ALG fourth? I respect them as a team but they are no 4th seed. EG or E6 should be 4th not ALG. Their record is 1-3...

• Upvote (+1) 7

It's great to see Pro's actually complaining about the lack of Large Open LANs on Twitter. Maybe this will give 343 the message.

If optic wins their next 4 matches can they make top 4?

They can, but it depends on how the teams ahead of them play

pnoJYxU.png

That Dinosaur and U4X was totally me. I explained it earlier, and then Lethul responded, but I just haven't been impressed by Liquid or OpTic. If anything, I should have voted for OpTic for 7th, but I think in an online setting U4X COULD beat Liquid. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Why is ALG fourth? I respect them as a team but they are no 4th seed. EG or E6 should be 4th not ALG. Their record is 1-3...

Cause they beat E6 last week 3-0.

• Upvote (+1) 3

That Dinosaur and U4X was totally me. I explained it earlier, and then Lethul responded, but I just haven't been impressed by Liquid or OpTic. If anything, I should have voted for OpTic for 7th, but I think in an online setting U4X COULD beat Liquid. 

I was the other person to vote for U4x :3

• Upvote (+1) 3

Why are you asking me? :P

community power rankings

Large open tournaments are necessary for Halo 5 to grow as a competitive community. But hosting such a tournament would be a large financial gamble for the tournament organizer and I don't know if there's a TO willing to take that gamble. Right now getting 64 teams for an open bracket could be a difficult. The two open circuit cups have had 84 and 74 teams respectively and if there were to be a large scale open LAN its impossible to know how many of those teams would be willing/able to travel and compete.

For future reference how does someone vote for the power rankings?

Carrier pigeon
  • Upvote (+1) 2