CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Is it just me or have most teams been scrimming a lot less in the last few weeks or so?

• Upvote (+1) 6

So I am caught up again: Here is a recap of my thoughts:

1) Big week for EG this week, after two horrible losses this week to E6 and CLG they really need to bounce back.  If EG wants to hold onto to their top 4 spot in the power rankings, they will surely need to win at least 1 of the two this week, I personally can see EG loosing both. I have said it before and I will reiterate it now, this team needs to change up its roster, they are not playing to win, they are playing to hold i.e stay relevant, I think some of those players have accepted they will never beat clg and are just trying to secure 2nd which is a terrible attitude to have as it is a lack luster one. I think their attitudes are horrendous, just look at their practice regieme over the past three months, they do one good week and virtually nothing the next. This team is treating halo like a hobby not a profession (because it is not for some of the players). They need to change, they have steadily declined since xgames, anyone failing to agree to this or see this is blind.

Edit/Elaboration: look back over the two days, how many times was CLG's practice regime brought up, It is an extraordinarily high number, You cannot close a skill gap, if you aren't putting in just as much work. Mikwen even reiterated this point in his interview. teams like NV, RNG and E6 are grinding out the game, trying to improve, trying to get onto CLG's level, the same cannot be said for EG. Instead on trying to put in more hours as a team, they tried to essentially cheat the system by moving into a team house, which is fine but doesn't change the fact they barely practice in comparison to other teams.

I don't think EG expects to "cheat" the system by moving into a team house at all. In fact I believe that only Towey and Eric are living there, and its just within driving distance of the Brown twins. They have chronicled their frustration and have had TONS of things come up preventing them from significant practice. If anything we should give them some bonus credit for taking so much time off and still performing in the top half overall. We really don't know what their ceiling is, but the frustration between the Brown twins isn't nearly as toxic as everyone makes it sound.

I think its safe to say that everyone except CLG is streaky and we will see that no one will ever be as consistently good as them. RNG is good today, will be bad sometime in the next 2 weeks, same for nV, E6, and EG.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If we did, people would still talk about it in this thread.

I'd hope. It's called HCS Pro League. Not Halo 5 only Pro League.

• Upvote (+1) 6

snip

shit i accidentally negged u......on a laptop...idk how ...

gun pos vote on two of ur comments :P

• Upvote (+1) 1

Think we'll get Halo Wars 2 Pro league?

Che is apparently looking into it.

I haven't personally tried the game out yet (currently downloading). If it has depth, then great. Obviously would need to be the PC version -- no one will take a console RTS as an esport seriously. SC2's decline left a niche that needs to be filled -- simple but still deep gameplay in an RTS would fill that niche better than Starcraft did. Who knows? 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Che is apparently looking into it.

https://twitter.com/chespace/status/742424843555999744

I haven't personally tried the game out yet (currently downloading). If it has depth, then great. Obviously would need to be the PC version -- no one will take a console RTS as an esport seriously. SC2's decline left a niche that needs to be filled -- simple but still deep gameplay in an RTS would fill that niche better than Starcraft did. Who knows?

SC2 is arguably the second best RTS ever, first obviously SC1:BW. HW2 isn't going to come even close to that.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

SC2 is arguably the second best RTS ever, first obviously SC1:BW. HW2 isn't going to come even close to that.

:lxthul:

Bad Scuf experience

Definitely valid. I on the other hand had a great experience and haven't had any issues so far with my Scuf ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.