CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

we did hit 100k for worlds so it's not that far off

eu fantasy is live btw!

yeah but this is an open whereas that was a world champs with a $2.5mil prize pool, plus without summit's help it would've been 80k.

We have a ways to go unfortunately, but if we keep getting good support then I'm sure we'll get there

• Upvote (+1) 3

I would hesitate to agree with you since we don't really have the opportunity for listen-ins for Rammy's squad.

Just focusing on gameplay, i dont think rammy gets talked about for how good he is.

yeah but this is an open whereas that was a world champs with a $2.5mil prize pool, plus without summit's help it would've been 80k.

We have a ways to go unfortunately, but if we keep getting good support then I'm sure we'll get there

oh yeah derp that is an excellent point

we suck  :weback:

Reminder for Pros to get their streams approved 2 days before league games  :simms:

(please please stream them, anyone; i can't stand the reticle delay, it's unwatchable)

• Upvote (+1) 4

Watching Formal win finals MVP and having the crowd chant "MVP" hit me right in the feels  :mj:

But yea, like some in here, that was my first ever COD tournament that I ever watched and I was only watching Optic, but wow. They had the perfect combination of commentators. The phrases used during the commentary weren't being repeated and there was hype when there NEEDED to be hype. I had no idea about what was going on or how teams were supposed to win each gametype, except flag of course (but even that I did not know the limit for), still, that was actually super entertaining to watch because the combination of hyped crowds, amazing commentary and the hype that the twitch chat brings. 

I think Halo/343 can learn a lot from this sort of event. I am not saying to mimic COD's way of doing things, but pick a few areas that Halo fans vote on that needs improvement and go to work. So yea, I was blown away by the production level of this LAN event as a first time viewer. 

My 2 cents. 

I agree, it was a very entertaining production. Can't wait for the day we have something like that with Halo 5. As a new viewer to COD tournaments, I had a good time. 

The key is bringing in new viewers. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Production value is so high for the CoD tournament. Hopefully the next LAN will be on that level. 

This CoD stream is stellar.

This is what you get when you partner with MLG.

ESL? 343 p l z

ESL? 343 p l z

ESL does the CWL pro league matches. Id argue the main bulk of the production value is the CWL team and their work with ESL.

The video and art packages, casters, etc.

Clearly ESL is not the issue, it's 343 and the HCS team. They're just not on the CWLs level.

ESL does the CWL pro league matches. Id argue the main bulk of the production value is the CWL team and their work with ESL.

Clearly ESL is not the issue, it's 343 and the HCS team. They're just not on the CWLs level.

#343wastheproblem

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 5

ESL? 343 p l z

Here's to hoping that these rumored Xbone updates will add real LAN support to the console, and that 343 can update the game so we don't have to rely on official support for tournaments. Even if a big MLG open isn't in the cards at this point, anything is better than what we have now.

Also, Goofy did a great job casting the legendary cup yesterday. The interview he did after the finals was also well done. Impressive considering it was his first time doing either. Had like 650+ viewers during the COD finals too.

• Upvote (+1) 1

He was referring to the CoD stream for MLG Anaheim.

Rayne is improving at an obscene rate. His shot , awareness and percentage of wins in 1v1's has shot up considerably. He's hungry and humble. In fact there isn't an ego or headcase on NV. They are just a quiet happy to fly under the radar team.  I've watched Austin over the years team with lots of amazing players, legends, and I have to say I am most excited about this particular team  and I admittedly wasn't at first I knew little about Tim and Visal but they have certainly won me over and I am a pretty hard critic. They are working their butts off but I am openly challenging them to work harder expand their dominant maps and gametypes and most importantly continue to talk to each accept suggestions and constructive criticism particularly from Elumnite. I think by the end of this season this team can easily be twice as good as they are now. Do not rest on the ladder boys and accept the view there will always be another step to climb with a better view. Dont slow up and don't stop and say ok we put the work in were good.

I believe every word you just said. I'll start looking at NV a lot more from now on. They don't stream scrims so all I can go by is their Pro League performances which is most important at the end of day. Would be nice to listen to their comms. though.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Rayne is improving at an obscene rate. His shot , awareness and percentage of wins in 1v1's has shot up considerably. He's hungry and humble. In fact there isn't an ego or headcase on NV. They are just a quiet happy to fly under the radar team.  I've watched Austin over the years team with lots of amazing players, legends, and I have to say I am most excited about this particular team  and I admittedly wasn't at first I knew little about Tim and Visal but they have certainly won me over and I am a pretty hard critic. They are working their butts off but I am openly challenging them to work harder expand their dominant maps and gametypes and most importantly continue to talk to each accept suggestions and constructive criticism particularly from Elumnite. I think by the end of this season this team can easily be twice as good as they are now. Do not rest on the ladder boys and accept the view there will always be another step to climb with a better view. Dont slow up and don't stop and say ok we put the work in were good.

I agree

@@wow

that is awesome

I hate you

• Upvote (+1) 2

Might be off topic but how have the players still not received their prize money from world's? Every few days I see a player on twitter ask where their money is and I think it makes the scene look pretty bad when you can't even pay the players their prize money in a timely manner.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2