CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I dream of the day halo gets 114k

They got 140k with MLG.TV and from the PS4, it's pretty good !

I missed this weekend, anybody have a post/know where I can find the current standings without having to sift the thread?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Watching Formal win finals MVP and having the crowd chant "MVP" hit me right in the feels  :mj:

But yea, like some in here, that was my first ever COD tournament that I ever watched and I was only watching Optic, but wow. They had the perfect combination of commentators. The phrases used during the commentary weren't being repeated and there was hype when there NEEDED to be hype. I had no idea about what was going on or how teams were supposed to win each gametype, except flag of course (but even that I did not know the limit for), still, that was actually super entertaining to watch because the combination of hyped crowds, amazing commentary and the hype that the twitch chat brings. 

I think Halo/343 can learn a lot from this sort of event. I am not saying to mimic COD's way of doing things, but pick a few areas that Halo fans vote on that needs improvement and go to work. So yea, I was blown away by the production level of this LAN event as a first time viewer. 

My 2 cents. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

I really enjoy competitive CoD, this OpTic squad are an insane dynasty, and what Formal has achieved in CoD in such a short space of time is incredible.

@@TiberiusAudley

Just a thought I have had... remember how you said you have had difficulty finding films to bookmark in relation to the official HCS Pro League accounts?

I wonder if this ties in with the spectate abilities they've had in the pro league...

343 announce the next Halo lan event, PLS.

and bring it back to texas! and have ffa! and have free dr pepp...wait sorry i had my nostalgia glasses on :simms:  :mj:  :tear:

If i had to pick one AM to pick up, I'll choose Rammy over Danoxide any day.

Is this taking just gameplay into account?

14 games is grueling and I didn't even with the first Bo7. I miss extended series.

DcmqbhA.png

Huh?

SSL Cert either expired or was configured incorrectly. More than likely just expired, chrome and Firefox put up error messages for them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

14 games is grueling and I didn't even with the first Bo7. I miss extended series.

Those 2 teams actually played 18 games tonight.

OnlyGoodOnline won in the Winner's finals 4-1

French Toast Mafia won the GF set one 4-2

French Toast Mafia won the GF set two 4-3

no, the total package.

I would hesitate to agree with you since we don't really have the opportunity for listen-ins for Rammy's squad.

Then we remember that every person at the tournament is playing on controllers with 2-3 second delays because PS4 bluetooth shits out.

Everyone is playing on extreme slow turn basically.

Yeah, but it didn't ruin the spectacle. It's a shitty issue but the goes on anyway and as a viewer it couldn't have made a single difference, which when we're talking growing the scene is what matters. Compared to reticles being off and missing whole games of the series...

Yep presentation is great, really like the portraits behind the players. 75k viewers notbad.jpg. Respawn gametypes are pretty lame to watch though.

Getting that many viewers for a game like CoD, with little shooting skillgap and one dimensional combat, is damn impressive, Casters know every inch of the game which turns what would be overly bland into a real spectacle, like CSGO right now.

Those 2 teams actually played 18 games tonight.

OnlyGoodOnline won in the Winner's finals 4-1

French Toast Mafia won the GF set one 4-2

French Toast Mafia won the GF set two 4-3

Second week in a row we've blown it after beating the team easily early on.  :mj:  :sleeping:  

ps. Regret Slayer is the WOAT  :salt:

• Upvote (+1) 2

So I am caught up again: Here is a recap of my thoughts:

1) Big week for EG this week, after two horrible losses this week to E6 and CLG they really need to bounce back.  If EG wants to hold onto to their top 4 spot in the power rankings, they will surely need to win at least 1 of the two this week, I personally can see EG loosing both. I have said it before and I will reiterate it now, this team needs to change up its roster, they are not playing to win, they are playing to hold i.e stay relevant, I think some of those players have accepted they will never beat clg and are just trying to secure 2nd which is a terrible attitude to have as it is a lack luster one. I think their attitudes are horrendous, just look at their practice regieme over the past three months, they do one good week and virtually nothing the next. This team is treating halo like a hobby not a profession (because it is not for some of the players). They need to change, they have steadily declined since xgames, anyone failing to agree to this or see this is blind.

Edit/Elaboration: look back over the two days, how many times was CLG's practice regime brought up, It is an extraordinarily high number, You cannot close a skill gap, if you aren't putting in just as much work. Mikwen even reiterated this point in his interview. teams like NV, RNG and E6 are grinding out the game, trying to improve, trying to get onto CLG's level, the same cannot be said for EG. Instead on trying to put in more hours as a team, they tried to essentially cheat the system by moving into a team house, which is fine but doesn't change the fact they barely practice in comparison to other teams.  

2) Liquid are too disorganized, they fight far too many 1v1's, they just do not seem to be on the wave length some times, I think they are missing an in game shot caller, as this team looks all the place at times, great individual skill but horrible team work at times.

3) I do not think there is a current roster which can beat CLG, I think the best two players in the game apart from CLG are Huke and Ola but I cannot decide on the remaining two players needed to stand a chance at taking down CLG. Personally I think the best chance would be if Ola replaced shooter on E6 but the chances of that happening are slim to none. Can you guys think of a team within the current trading rules i.e one player added that can beat CLG?

4) I think Goofy really needs to start improving, it doesn't matter how good your obj or dirty work is if you are not getting the kills. Could possibly see heinz being brought in to replace goofy, if things do not improve. 

People need to just work with each other better if they want to beat CLG. I don't think you could make a comparable team shot wise with the current roster lock. Well, maybe you could, but I don't think anyone is leaving EG or nV just yet and I doubt they will drop anyone nor do I think HWC Denial is coming back. I think nV or E6 would be the team as it is if by some miracle a team does git gud and beat CLG. Its kind of one of those scenarios where I feel like CLG would have to be playing poorly and the other team would have to be on fire and end the series before they got it together. I'd like to say EG could be one of those teams too but something just hasn't quite been working there post X games despite the large amounts of talent all around. 

I dream of the day halo gets 114k

we did hit 100k for worlds so it's not that far off

edit: i'm a moron i know, thank you

eu fantasy is live btw!

• Upvote (+1) 1