CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

We all know how annoying Halo 5 FFA is; your average deaths per game are probably 15-20. Well earlier today I hopped in my first game of the day and went 25-1 playing against High Champion players.

Also I tweeted this picture after this game and my accuracy and damage didn't add up correctly (probably because I only had 1 death, honestly I don't know how damage and accuracy are recorded in this game but yeah). My damage was "311" and my accuracy was "47.2".

Stuff like your damage here makes me wonder how accurate stats like damage per death are in scrims and pro league matches. Those go off what the game say, but how can we know it's ever actually accurate when clearly wrong when die very few times.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I've been avoiding Twitter and the forums while I caught up on Pro League. Is there an updated table for the EU standings anywhere? The comp wiki looks like it hasn't been updated with this week's match results.

Only just seen this trudging through 25+ pages of stuff I've missed. Getting Pro League off the ground and raising my casting game has been 2 priority as of recent hence no streams or content (and no Warcraft :( Rip my DK)

Will speak to the old Walsh and see he if is down for it, it has been too long since me and him had a good catch up, although he did say my beard was ginger and shit in onsets latest video so not sure how mine and his relationship is atm.

Rekt m8.

Stuff like your damage here makes me wonder how accurate stats like damage per death are in scrims and pro league matches. Those go off what the game say, but how can we know it's ever actually accurate when clearly wrong when die very few times.

Over the course of an 13-game scrim or an entire tournament it should be pretty well evened out (the more games played, the less these outliers effect the overall statistic). From what I've been able to figure out, most damage is calculated when you die (hence why sometimes a person can go on a huge spree to end the game and still have really low damage). What I'm not sure on is what damage is calculated mid-life, but the current theory is that damage from assists is calculated immediately.

The damage calculated at death theory also does a great job at explaining why so many players in high-champion ranks have fairly low dmg/d and dmg/min, since they are going to have far more games where they finish with a spree than someone who is playing close games at a lower level.

• Upvote (+1) 1

https://blog.twitter.com/2016/gearing-up-for-e32016

Slightly OT, but Halo is the 7th most talked about game on Twitter so far this year. It's most notably ahead of League of Legends.

:weback:  :weback:  :weback: ???

Yeah this was posted earlier and it is entirely on topic. I guess the fact that Halo 5 has monthly DLC, Pro League, Worlds, etc really contributed to it doing so well.

We all know how annoying Halo 5 FFA is; your average deaths per game are probably 15-20. Well earlier today I hopped in my first game of the day and went 25-1 playing against High Champion players. 

Also I tweeted this picture after this game and my accuracy and damage didn't add up correctly (probably because I only had 1 death, honestly I don't know how damage and accuracy are recorded in this game but yeah). My damage was "311" and my accuracy was "47.2". I had 7 perfects this game and my accuracy was way above 60% in my opinion, but who knows lol. Enjoy

Obviously you just got 25 fastballs that game, quite the accomplishment.

I think the biggest issue with growth is winning back fans, Halo had a rough patch starting with Halo: Reach, then Halo 4 being so far away from previous MP games. Then up next we have MCC that didn't work somewhat right for the next 2-3 months. Couple that with tons of missing features in Halo 5.

I don't think LANs are the biggest issues with trying to make Halo eSports grow again. It really comes down to the game being delivered and keeping those returning and new fans.

Winning fans back and keeping them. The latter being just as important.

Player retention was a big issue with H4/5.

A big reason is that they start at 1:00 EU time, so thats bound to effect numbers.

Do you really think there is a lot of EU viewers for Halo?. I bet that EU maybe brings 200-300 views.
  • Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I really hope some hype halo shit is announced at E3. When battlefield 1 was announced BF4's population jumped and it went from barely played to top 10 on xbl. This is MS and 343's chance to bring back halo hype.

Edit: Another thing to point out is if this next Cod is as bad as people think it will be or they fuck up the cod4 remake, we could be seeing a lot of players going to Halo or Battlefield. #RIPCOD

• Upvote (+1) 1

Do you really think there is a lot of EU viewers for Halo?. I bet that EU maybe brings 200-300 views.

Usually 1-3k  for EU while NA is around 5-10k

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wat.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Lifestyle, Burton, NYSea, JuicyFruit just lost in Loser's Round 2 to Impulson, Savatrocity, In Reality, Saiynts

0-3

• Upvote (+1) 4

Usually 1-3k  for EU while NA is around 5-10k

That means nothing, I watch the EU games too and I'm in NA.

• Upvote (+1) 3

That means nothing, I watch the EU games too and I'm in NA.

I wasn't trying to say it meant anything. I also watch EU matches. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I wasn't trying to say it meant anything. I also watch EU matches. cubanex obviously doesn't

Actually i have lost interest in the game after Overwatch dropped.All of my friends have stopped playing Halo. So I basically stopped playing Halo altogether.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Actually i have lost interest in the game after Overwatch dropped.All of my friends have stopped playing Halo. So I basically stopped playing Halo altogether.

thanks for being here, man.

thanks for being here, man.

:) thanks. I don't think Halo esports is a good spectator experience unless you're playing the game. And the fact that CLG is so ahead and practices more than the competition makes everything more boring.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

im pretty sure headshots dont count, perfect kills dont count, light rifle doesnt count, etc etc.  the stat is broken.  If you go into a custom game with a friend and perfect him then end the game you get no damage, if you do it again and hit every AR bullet until he dies you get like 300 damage.  Idk how consistently these stats can be replicated but it just shows that the damage stat and damage per death are kind of broken at the moment.

if anyone knows anything about this i would love some insight

• Upvote (+1) 3

None of this would be happening if Pistola hadn't punched a table  :lxthul:

Yeah but if Pistola never punched a table, I wouldn't have such an awesome Envy squad to root for!

@PaPaMikwen

nV hasn't even reached their potential and they are getting better every week individually and as a team. There aren't any personality issues they are a pretty chill group of guys that all get along I just dont see that happening. Envy is a great org as well.

Keep that Dad Hand strong!

• Upvote (+1) 2