CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The growth of Halo is hindered due to the lack of exposure of the game. Barely any pros stream, barely anybody uploads Halo to youtube and lack of events and advertising.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 4

FINE!!! I just enjoyed the fact that I put out raw videos, I liked the fact that I was a low budget youtube guy where you go to get entertaining or informative videos kind of the opposite of maniac's clickbait editorialized and many hours put in videos(not dissing, they are good). Was basically a running joke about myself, but since my videos are getting a bit more popular I guess I should clean the page up a bit and collaborate with people to see how to make the videos more 'high budgety'. Thanks for the feedback everyone ^_^

But will you upload an avatar on Beyond?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Find the one that is the blank avatar with my hair attached and I will.

@@ssbChad

I get credit for too much sometimes. I did not make that avatar, haha. 

Glad to see Ryan finally getting one though.

Since we are all taking turns giving our vision on how to Make Halo e-sports great Again I guess I'll contribute.

Personally I got into the competitive side of Halo after MCC launched and 343 announced the HCS Season 1. At the time I was starting to get into things like Twitch and watched Ninja's streams for the Halo 5 beta and it snowballed after. I liked HCS Season 1 and 2 but remember that it was a 'dark' time for Halo as an e-sport. I remember entire tournaments being postponed because of connection issues and it really made 3v4i look bad. After Halo 5 launched we are where we are now with a fading but great brand (Halo) that desperately needs to spread into new markets to succeed.

1) Make the product rock solid. This should go without saying but watching Halo should be easy and issue free for it to suceed. Larger games like LoL or DOTA are allowed room for error because of how large they are. Halo doesn't have that luxury.

2) Expand the brand. Right now Halo is riding off of North American/UK nostalgia and seems content to stay that way. One of the emerging markets I can see for Halo are Latin America. The brand/Xbox are decently known there and with the right marketing there can be a new market for e-sports that doesn't know of prior Halo missteps.

3) Maximize time on streams. I agree with people that the current commercial breaks aren't very good. Personally I'd like to see: ForgeHub map showcases, Bravo walking through the maps/gametypes in Pro League, interviews with pro players/orgs, player montages, and advertisements for online/LAN tournaments. The biggest issue for me is keeping all of the videos FRESH. I might like a video/montage the first time through but watching it four or five times one night is a nightmare.

4) Improve NA casting. Personally I don't see this is a huge inhibitor to NA success because while the EU has StelluR casting its viewing numbers lag behind NA. Personally I think a tricast of Barvo, Elamite, and Walshy would be fun. While we are on the topic of casting....

5) Bring in high profile guests. Easy way to get to the top of Twitch would be to bring in guest casters. Plus having high profile guests improve everyone's mood. Decent example: When Farooq came just to say, "Lock it up!" everyone on Twitter was super happy (made Ola tweet for once) and the Twitch chat went crazy. Even though the rest of the night wasn't great it was a good example. Microsoft has deep pockets and connections. Call up celebs like Snoop Dogg or DJ Khaled and I bet we'd hit 30k easily no matter the night. Having a guest caster for a match or two would be a lot of fun and bring casual fans into Halo/Twitch.

6) Money. HWC was a great example of how to do a purse right. A lot of orgs came in and a good bit stayed because of the prize they pursued. Now after the money is gone we see orgs like Epsilon leave because I'm assuming its not financially prudent for them to stay. Halo needs orgs to stay and should organize tournaments during Pro League and after to keep the orgs in Halo and give viewers more top tier content to watch.

7) Transparency is a major key.  Not knowing schedules ahead of time or confusing/angering players is an easy way to lose the community. 343 needs to be fully transparent and responsive if they want to foster Halo.

That's my view on things hope you enjoyed.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Halo pros The whole world is so fucking sensitive. 

Everyone is man. #____LivesMatter  #PoliticallyCorrect #WaypointFuelCantMeltTeamBeyondMemes

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Just for those who are unaware and complaining about pro league days; professional sports, cod pro league, and CS:go pro league are all during the week. COD is tues and Wednesday nights.

That was brilliant as well but I feel like the Simms is exceptionally busy with ESL and the pro league and well the obvious time difference between the two further complicates matters.

Only just seen this trudging through 25+ pages of stuff I've missed. Getting Pro League off the ground and raising my casting game has been 2 priority as of recent hence no streams or content (and no Warcraft :( Rip my DK)

Will speak to the old Walsh and see he if is down for it, it has been too long since me and him had a good catch up, although he did say my beard was ginger and shit in onsets latest video so not sure how mine and his relationship is atm.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Everyone is man. #____LivesMatter  #PoliticallyCorrect #WaypointFuelCantMeltTeamBeyondMemes

Uh no. I meant Halo pros specifically.

TBH I'm fine with the Pro League specifically not getting much exposure, I don't want CS fans to watch the shitfest that is H5's theater mode and just write off Halo 5 as being just another console shooter with absurd aim assist. LANs should absolutely be promoted though.

Also I mean this is a console shooter on the lesser of the two successful consoles. I hate to bring this up again but we're not going to see Halo have a large, or even decent, esports following until it gets on PC (in whatever form, maybe it's PC controller only, maybe it's separate keyboard/controller leagues, worst case they just jump ship from controller to KBM entirely). You can have your qualms with the "Halo on PC" idea but you can't deny that if it stays on xbox it won't grow nearly as much as we'd like. It's either one or the other, can't have your cake and eat it too, or something.

6) Money. HWC was a great example of how to do a purse right. A lot of orgs came in and a good bit stayed because of the prize they pursued. Now after the money is gone we see orgs like Epsilon leave because I'm assuming its not financially prudent for them to stay. Halo needs orgs to stay and should organize tournaments during Pro League and after to keep the orgs in Halo and give viewers more top tier content to watch.

Money is still there though. Each season will have 100k for EU teams, plus the million dollar HWC next year. Epsi would know that, I think they left for other reasons.

Money is still there though. Each season will have 100k for EU teams, plus the million dollar HWC next year. Epsi would know that, I think they left for other reasons.

Pretty sure it was a salary thing.

After watching the CoD Anaheim stream it's painfully obvious how far Halo has to come. Comparing not really Pro-League but HWC as a whole when all the pieces of the puzzle come together:

• Observer mode
  • Casting quality
  • Game settings
  • Game stability
  • Tournament organisation
  • #Content

Then we can finally be as an eSports community where we want to be. I love that we don't take things for granted but at the same time realise that there's so much work to be done, and when somethings not right, the correct people know about it. Criticism is caring.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think Suspector will leave if this keeps up, he'll get some offers from E6 or RNG. Listening to EG recently gives me headaches, they don't learn, they just bitch. I think their ego's just can't handle not being #1. I don't know how Commonly or Lethul ever put up with it. 

Just caught up on the forums.

I don't think RNG will make any changes unless their performance as a team starts to dip over a certain period of time or a certain player, all of a sudden, just isn't carrying their own weight. 

I could see E6 offering him a spot, but still looking a bit far-fetched. 

Lethul could put up with it because they were winning a shit ton, in my opinion. 

After watching the CoD Anaheim stream it's painfully obvious how far Halo has to come. Comparing not really Pro-League but HWC as a whole when all the pieces of the puzzle come together:

• Observer mode
  • Casting quality
  • Game settings
  • Game stability
  • Tournament organisation
  • #Content
Then we can finally be as an eSports community where we want to be. I love that we don't take things for granted but at the same time realise that there's so much work to be done, and when somethings not right, the correct people know about it. Criticism is caring.
Then we remember that every person at the tournament is playing on controllers with 2-3 second delays because PS4 bluetooth shits out.

Everyone is playing on extreme slow turn basically.

• Upvote (+1) 5