CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

if optic really want to be successful in halo they need to move on from flamesword and maniac

They could even have flame as coach. Then surround Maniac w/ 3 solid players. That way they are both still "on Optic". There is no scenario where flame and maniac are better than a fringe top 8 team. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Whats sad is H3CZ is going to keep backing up fs and maniac. Theyre just not at the same level as the rest of the top teams. They don't grind the game as much as other teams and they distribute their attention to youtube as well.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Fact of the matter is Halo needs Optic to be good if it wants to keep growing. Not sure if Hecz really cares about keeping a Halo org if FS and Maniac arnt apart of it but that team will not succeed with those 2 =/. They just are not top caliber players anymore. Maybe if you throw FS with 3 other hyper aggressive players they could do something? FS, Naded, Cratos and Spartan? All of this is very unlikely obviously. Best thing to do if there is to be a competitive Optic squad is to go back to the drawing board.

Also, did some more YOUTUBE CONTENT tonight for the first time in a while.

Talking about a term that gets thrown around almost every series of every esports these days...

CfApYftW4AQ5ZqB.png

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Talking about a term that gets thrown around almost every series of every esports these days...

CfApYftW4AQ5ZqB.png

lmfao you and i have the same bedframe

Yeesh. Sorry I disagree with some of the optic circlejerk here about a team that barely made regionals and posted my opinion in a discussion thread.

I'll just post gifs/memes from now on lol.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 13

Yeesh. Sorry I disagree with some of the optic circlejerk here about a team that barely made regionals and posted my opinion in a discussion thread.

I'll just post gifs/memes from now on lol.

Just your approach to it was wrong.  Saying they're "not some juggernaut in CoD" based STRICTLY OFF AN ANNUAL TOURNAMENT instead of the REST OF THE YEAR...

Now, I understand the spirit behind your words -- OpTic, as an org, aren't focused on buying the best players in the game and dominating tournaments.  They're very loyal to the players they already have and don't generally seem to force them off or look to drop players when underperformances start to happen -- just look at how long BigTymer and Nadeshot respectively stayed with the organization.  OpTic, as an org, waited on those players to decide THEY wanted to step down or put down the sticks, rather than say "Hey, we're not winning tournaments...you guys are gone."

Both of those personalities are still with the OpTic organization, as well.

So you do have a point, you just approached it in a very odd manner.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Optic is a media organization that excels at personality/streaming/youtube content. They aren't this huge juggernaut in Call of Duty when it comes to placings like people make it seem.

They just got 7th in the last championships. Really nothing too impressive when it comes to consistent placings and certainly not impressive enough to expect greatness in different games outside of streaming/youtube content.

7th, 3rd, and 3rd for the last 3 championships. Not juggernaut caliber, IMO. They are certainly good in COD, but I get confused when people think that they should be good at other games just because like they are an org hell bent on taking over esports or some shit. Optic is a media COD org that places well but not the best. I don't know why people expect more.

Many Halo fans just want more attention drawn to our side. Optic is the most relevant console FPS esport-org in NA and therefore everyone who wants Halo to grow should want Optic to be a part of Halo. And a better Optic Halo team will of course give Halo more exposure than a mediocre team. I think we as a community just are starving for some success for the Halo franchise.

• Upvote (+1) 1

as a fan of halo - why would u fight against having optic represent a team? thats like a pro not accepting a contract from a major organization like TSM or Fnatic.. 

Looking at naded's recent tweets, it sounds like he's possibly thinking about taking a break from halo.

Looking at naded's recent tweets, it sounds like he's possibly thinking about taking a break from halo.

He's going to post an update vlog about his situation, clearly considering a move to Optic Gaming. :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 5

Yeah Naded even tweeted he's maybe not retiring, just a break.

What a sad sucking day this is. :(

lmfao you and i have the same bedframe

Plot twist: It's because you're lovers  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Plot twist: It's because you're lovers  :simms:

I would never make sweet love to someone who doesn't capitalize the word "I" when they refer to themselves.

I'm the most important person I know.

• Upvote (+1) 3

CfApYftW4AQ5ZqB.png

Good video. That door though.

Lethul definitely tilts, that time he rages towards his cat and like aggressively pushes it or something comes to mind.

I'm down to play under optic if I can cAptain and choose the team. Tell hecz to hit the dms I will do it for the community

Captain Cratos reporting for duty sir

I might be in the minority when i say this, but i want to see OpTic halo succeed. That org doing well can only help the scene