CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Is Pistola the best player outside of CLG? 

I think he has been the most consistent player outside of CLG lately, but that is also debatable.

Edit: Huke definitely a nominee 

Pistola has been getting better, but is still very far from being the best player not on CLG. There's Huke, Bubu, Contra, Roy...and a handful of other players I'd place ahead of him.

My dream is for Pistola to continue getting better and, by HWC 2017, be a top 5 player again like he's always been. I've been watching a lot of the old MLG streams and watching Pistola on FB in 2010 is just unbelievable. He was disgusting.

He was sick at H2A too, but his team just wasn't on his level. Unfortunately H5 is so radically different that he hasn't completely adapted yet, but I have faith.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Maybe it is just me being skeptical, but I don't think EG takes this as a wake up call to schedule scrims more. There is just so much going on outside of Halo for them to schedule that much time away. I can't even imagine waking up at 6:30, having a full day of work, just to come home to scrim late into the night, just to repeat the process the next day. That sounds crazy to me. That being said, if EG wants to get back to Top 3, they have to do it. 

A handful of the veteran players in the league are in their mid-20s.  Eventually they'll realize that getting roughly $1,000/mo stipend + tournament winnings isn't going to be enough for them to live off of.  This statement is obviously ignoring outlier prize winnings like HWC $250,000 per player (before taxes).

I understand there's an argument to be made that making less doing something you love is better than doing something you're not passionate about for more money.  But the longer they stay in the league and put off real world experience, the harder it's going to be for them in the future when either going back to school or finding a job.  I think I read somewhere on here that Roy and/or Lunch are doing electrical training, which is great because that trade will always have jobs open (and they can make a hell of a lot more doing that than playing Halo).

It's easy to point the finger at EG and blame their team's performance on lack of practice (which I've done, because it is), but I don't fault anyone for sacrificing practice for a real-world job so they can make a living outside of the game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

How I feel after week 2 of pro league.

eC4p6ed.jpg

I feel the same way about Elamite saying "MikAwen"

Apparently Contra has been informed that punitive action will be taken against him if he makes any more tweets like this:

RIP fun :(

Source? Fucked up if true

Yup

so the one confirmed live event we have has 4 teams...... meanwhile cod is having an open tourney this weekend #prayerss

• Upvote (+1) 3

Who was the guy trashing on Royal 2 a few days ago? lmfao

DrcLmmo.png

The wizard has returned

akW8RB4.png

U4X. It's not even fair at this point.

NCrqlWQ.png

Dinos got that grudge match win

CrjCXqf.png

• Upvote (+1) 9

really sucks to see contra get sanitized. Soo if players stream, and talk shit during their match, they could get in trouble for that too?

• Upvote (+1) 1

really sucks to see contra get sanitized. Soo if players stream, and talk shit during their match, they could get in trouble for that too?

While I thought Contras tweet was hilarious and almost a karma type thing, I understand the difference between talking trash midgame and trashing (literally) a fellow player after a match. Almost every other eSport does this, they don't want players berating each other via Twitter.

• Upvote (+1) 2

:thinking:

purell.jpeg

Yeah the survey is the way to go.

Already have 130 responses, deadline isn't till tomorrow evening.

• Upvote (+1) 5

IMO I think Pistola is better than Huke. Huke is more consistent and probably has better gunskill, but Pistola is smart and is consistent as well. I think the smarts it's what separates them for me. You'll see Huke make a few bad plays time to time and sometimes it put his team at a disadvantage, but you'll rarely see Pistola make mistakes like that.

Remember this is just an OPINION.

• Upvote (+1) 5

nV vs EG next week will be my personal match of the week. There are probably gonna be more exciting matches but I just can't wait to watch that one in particular.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Some notable teams in the Open Cup today:

- Sicker Than Yo Average:

Aries, TireIron, Blaze, Tizoxic

- Fatal Ambition:

DanyKnight, Raul, Venao, Sobrio Lee

Chosen Squad:

Rinnegan, Sebastion, s3lioh, Decogre

Prestige Worldwide:

Swish, Stress, Triton, Chris

Windmills:

Burton, NYSea, JuicyFruit, Lifestyle

Solstice:

Xrossfade, Stormy, Saiyan, kaiss

Final Form:

MrBlakerz, SypherPat, Juziro, Blu

Link to bracket:

http://play.eslgaming.com/halo/north-america/halo5guardians-one/open/hcs-open-circuit-open-cup-2/rankings/?killcache=true

Interesting to see Lifestyle back. Hope he shows up  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 6

Final Form:

SypherPat

Now that's a name I've not heard in a long time.

Missed that guy.

Even as an Ola fanboy I admit Huke is the best player outside of CLG. Huke has been consistently playing strong with his E6 compadres. Ola came out strong at PAX then didn't do so well in the Summer qualifier, but still was able to qualify. Personally I see Ola starting to rise again now, but everyone else is getting hot as well. NV has an actually strong team in Ola, Mikwen, eL Town, and Rayne. I think its reasonable to see them having back to back 3-0s next week on Liquid and EG.

Just wish that one of them would stream scrims or MM.

Even as an Ola fanboy I admit Huke is the best player outside of CLG. Huke has been consistently playing strong with his E6 compadres. Ola came out strong at PAX then didn't do so well in the Summer qualifier, but still was able to qualify. Personally I see Ola starting to rise again now, but everyone else is getting hot as well. NV has an actually strong team in Ola, Mikwen, eL Town, and Rayne. I think its reasonable to see them having back to back 3-0s next week on Liquid and EG.

Just wish that one of them would stream scrims or MM.

www.twitch.tv/Rayne 

He's be on the grind lately #challonge 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Only got to watch the nV / RNG series on Thursday. What were the best series to watch over the two days?

IMO I think Pistola is better than Huke. Huke is more consistent and probably has better gunskill, but Pistola is smart and is consistent as well. I think the smarts it's what separates them for me. You'll see Huke make a few bad plays time to time and sometimes it put his team at a disadvantage, but you'll rarely see Pistola make mistakes like that.

Remember this is just an OPINION.

Huke has the largest backpack out of anyone in the game, besides maybe Royal 2. Those two have the ability to completely take control of a game and dismantle the other team themselves.

Just look at the Rig slayer vs EG. Huke drops 20 kills and they win by 3 kills.

• Upvote (+1) 2