CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

You truly do baffle me sometimes.

What was wrong with Commony on EG? Wasn't his fault to be fair. I think if they stuck it out they would have been way better off.

This scenario isn't possible because I wouldn't be caught dead on any of these other rosters :apg:

Well you better start looking around for when Dadbite replaces you with Huke next season

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 6

I keep seeing this. What kind of player does EG need? I consider myself an OBJ oriented player and it didn't work out. And now Ayden, who's more slayer oriented, is "not the guy EG needs." So my question, who do they actually need? 

@Lxthul . :lxthul:   Also, I think Ayden would be fine, if the attitude of the team changes, little things like EG still tries to just hold 2 strongholds (They've been getting better at this though) and things like not using autos at close range (You see Eric charging into close range fights with just his pistol). 

But honestly maybe there just isn't that 1 player who can "fix" EG. Maybe as muc has we all would hate to see it, maybe the core 3 need to split ways. :(

Personally I think what matters more than the makeup of a team is their dedication to Halo. Like I legit think if you want to beat CLG at this point you need to take up Halo as a full time job, all four players and the coach, and just focus on how to git gud. Until a team is willing to do that, we won't have our Carbon.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I like Suspector as a 4th, and the 4th isn't an issue. The problem is when 1 person goes on vacation no one else on the team plays at all it seems..... That seems to be a "getting tired of Halo" thing.... This is 100% speculation as I'm an EG fanboy. Been following roybox and snip3down since H3. If they can practice the way they need to then they'll get back to form. They are to competitive to take these loses sitting down. They'll fight back towards the top.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think EG's biggest issue (the recent inability to practice aside) is trying to communicate too much. They get caught up in calling out so much that not enough small talk is going on to get everyone coordinated. They need to focus on making sure all of their bases are covered, rather than trying to call out every single thing that they see (unless it's especially important). If everyone is doing what they need to be doing and are positioned where they should be, they'll already be seeing many of the same things, anyway.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Well you better start looking around for when Dadbite replaces you with Huke next season

:kappa:

omg that would be a god squad and a half

I like Suspector as a 4th, and the 4th isn't an issue. The problem is when 1 person goes on vacation no one else on the team plays at all it seems..... That seems to be a "getting tired of Halo" thing.... This is 100% speculation as I'm an EG fanboy. Been following roybox and snip3down since H3. If they can practice the way they need to then they'll get back to form. They are to competitive to take these loses sitting down. They'll fight back towards the top.

its weird to me because all of these guys, especially snip3down, no lifed H5 for months.  LBX took some time off early for his honeymoon i think, but i know snip3down was grinding his ass off.  Once Lethul left it seemed like something changed.  Idk, i just know that snip3down used to stream all day everyday for months and loved the game and enjoyed getting better and sharing it with the community through twitch.  Now it seems like the morale isn't as high, which is a shame.

o well it happens to every player tbh, ogre 2 even had a bad streak in H3, and its not like EG is on a bad streak, they inconsistently compete at a top 2 level and at their worst like top 6.  They just dont hold a light to CLG and i think a lot of us think they can if they just played more.

• Upvote (+1) 3

So the top 4 pro league teams make into the "playoff" event at the end of the season?

Yup

I don't want to see nV split, but Ola is what's missing from EG, we all know it   ;)

nV hasn't even reached their potential and they are getting better every week individually and as a team. There aren't any personality issues they are a pretty chill group of guys that all get along I just dont see that happening. Envy is a great org as well.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Yes he is. 

Maybe EG changed him, but he hasnt been anywhere as impressive as Naded was during his time on Optic.

And you should just come out with the realness, and say what you really want to about EG instead of the comedic passive aggression. I know you dont want to look like an asshole, so pm Lethul how you feel, then let him post it 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 4

This scenario isn't possible because I wouldn't be caught dead on any of these other rosters :apg:

I have really wanted to ask you this, in your eyes, what are some teams on paper that would look scary to you??

Honestly the whole idea of a 14 game scrim against 1 team doesn't make much sense to me. It never has. I think you would benefit more from a rimming multiple teams in shorter series. This would more closely mimic actual tournament play and would help reduce the likely hood of a team tilting into oblivion.

Edit: was going to fix the typo, but it makes me giggle so I'm leaving itn

I would agree if its a lower tier team, but since its CLG why wouldn't you just want to scrim them all night? (with breaks optimally). They are SO much better than everyone right now, that it would be an honor to play that many games with them. Just my opinion of course. 

there was a point in the nv vs optic strongholds empire game where pistola thought he was capping bottom mid but someone was camping in a spot where he couldnt see. I couldnt find a good picture of empire strongholds but this will suffice in explaining what i thought went throught ola's mind

3j4R7EK.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 3

I cant believe some of the pushes EG had on Rig TS. They were up and had snipe, and still kept rushing individually. Made no sense. 46-43 and then give up a 7-1 run, even while grabbing camo

Hello everyone, I have been a long time lurker and decided to finally post. Does anyone remember when the original Liquid was considered the best team in H5 at one point? Reflecting on their poor performances so far.. all I can say is... 

#betterwithchig

• Upvote (+1) 5

Hello everyone, I have been a long time lurker and decided to finally post. Does anyone remember when the original Liquid was considered the best team in H5 at one point? Reflecting on their poor performances so far.. all I can say is...

#betterwithchig

I still feel like the original roster of Ace, Ninja, Mikwen and Chig would have been a very good team.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I still feel like the original roster of Ace, Ninja, Mikwen and Chig would have been a very good team.

I completely forgot that was a team. Wonder how they would be now