CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So, I'll be moving the community power rankings over to a paid survey service, rather than having everybody DM or PM me their written top 8's.

It doesn't allow multiple voters unless you go through several hoops (even with some hoops gone through, it'll still cancel out due to cookies and/or duplicate IPs). 

I think it'll increase the voting and get more people to consistently vote each week. Plus its waaaaay more convenient and less of a hassle for everybody.

Last week I had the highest amount of voters to date (85) and I'm hoping to see more of you vote due to switching to surveys :)

The survey will go live and the link will be posted here tonight and on my HCSPowerRanks Twitter.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I disagree with this. I honestly feel like he's the most replaceable member of CLG.

Why?

Agree totally. I couldnt hype as much as normal as I had so much to control.

Graphics Updates (Which I made all myself in preperation), scene switching (Kappa), Keeping the convo flowing, communicating with players about when to start their matches, controlling spec mode and then finally actually casting.

SWEATING.

Yeah, you were a man of many hats: production manager, director, camera man, caster. You did great with all that on your plate.

when do matches start? 

i thought it was 3 pacific. 

Thats the MLG Anaheim Open  :kappa:

NA HCS Pro League matches start at 5PST

• Upvote (+1) 1

Any chance of Pros streaming Pro League tonight?

I read a Ryanoob post saying they were going to test it. 

Really hope it's tonight.

Why?

Mostly because the biggest thing he brings to the table is shooting straight. I think if you put Mikwen/Snipedown/Penguin in his place, CLG would still be head and shoulders above everyone else. Try to replace Lethul/Snakebite? Maybe Rayne/Roy, but I think there's a much larger drop off there. Replace Frosty? No way in hell.

Hopefully that explains my reasoning a bit.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

So, CWL does big OPEN tourneys in the midst of their Pro League seasons.

I wonder why 343 doesn't want to do ANY Open tournaments. 

Are they just not putting in as much money into HCS as Activison is in the CWL? I don't think 343 is really utilizing the potential of this crowd funding capability Halo 5 has. At least not efficiently enough. 

Genuinely curious. I think big Open tourneys are probably the most popular thing you can do for a games eSports audience.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

Mostly because the biggest thing he brings to the table is shooting straight. I think if you put Mikwen/Snipedown/Penguin in his place, CLG would still be head and shoulders above everyone else. Try to replace Lethul/Snakebite? Maybe Rayne/Roy, but I think there's a much larger drop off there. Replace Frosty? No way in hell.

I agree and you didn't deserve the negs for your opinion. Royal 2 is an incredible slayer for sure. But I think:

- Snakebite is more important for his consistency and leadership

- Lethul is more important for his dirty work

- Frosty is more important because he is nerdy as fuck and finds crazy spots while being a good slayer.

No need to neg opinions guys.

EDIT: And before anyone flames me, I have Royal 2 on my fantasy team. He is an incredible player.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It does. Thanks. 

I think Royal2's an UBER-otherworldly slayer amidst a bunch of otherwordly slayers, though.

Mostly because the biggest thing he brings to the table is shooting straight.

??????????????????????????

Just because he might have the best shot doesn't mean that's the biggest thing he brings to the table

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'll actually PM you a more detailed write up, but frankly your comment indicates you don't understand how a giant software company works. Blaming the "coders" on something like this is insulting to individual employees' work ethics. Trust me, top down problem, not bottom up.

That is a perfectly fair assessment, thank you. Does it invalidate my point, or just show I'm laying blame at the feet of the wrong people? They are still technical issues at the end of the day so something there needs to change, right?

Are they just not putting in as much money into HCS as Activison is in the CWL? I don't think 343 is really utilizing the potential of this crowd funding capability Halo 5 has. At least not efficiently enough.

Genuinely curious. I think big Open tourneys are probably the most popular thing you can do for a games eSports audience.

If I had to guess, it's down to the lack of a p2p solution for hosting games. There's a huge risk involved in running a large tournament that relies on a solid net connection AND stable servers. If pro league is any indication, the event would be riddled with technical issues.

It's either that or outfit entire venues with hardware that can run the local network versions they used at Pro Lans... Which sounds expensive and presents its own technical hurdles.

The standard game needs LAN support or local server support.

• Upvote (+1) 1

EGLx was an event organized by the community and held in Canada, and still got 30+ teams. If 343 did an official Open in places like New York and LA, upwards of a hundred teams would easily show up. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh hey, I'm 5th (and 15th) on that Top 15 Teams Site-Wide list on fantasyhcs.com:simms:

It's just a prank, bro! Just a social experiment! Grr. You're 15th placed team is 55 points better than my best team (GreenWallHype). I'm starting to lose hope.

• Upvote (+1) 1

A guy on reddit is taking the initiative to get competitive Halo going in Asia. Apparently there are quite a few teams interested but it was made extremely difficult until this dude started talking to ESL and doing facebook groups. Any way we can help him out?

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/4nik7z/asia_halo_pro_league/

edit: while we're posting reddit threads, this dude brings up some cool constructive feedback I hadn't thought of

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/4nhgl8/what_i_think_is_missing_from_the_pro_league/

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Predictions -

RNG 3-1

E6 3-1

CLG 3-0

TL 3-2

Fantasy - Royal 2, Huke, Ninja, Spartan LET'S DO THIS

1 out of 4 ain't bad, right guys?  

:kappa:

That is a perfectly fair assessment, thank you. Does it invalidate my point, or just show I'm laying blame at the feet of the wrong people? They are still technical issues at the end of the day so something there needs to change, right?

I'd say blaming the wrong people.

It's also incredibly difficult to really lay blame on one specific person or group bc there are just so many teams/ team leads/ managers/ deputy directors/ directors all making decisions they feel are the best given their circumstances and goals at the time.

I agree and you didn't deserve the negs for your opinion. Royal 2 is an incredible slayer for sure. But I think:

- Snakebite is more important for his consistency and leadership

- Lethul is more important for his dirty work

- Frosty is more important because he is nerdy as fuck and finds crazy spots while being a good slayer.

No need to neg opinions guys.

EDIT: And before anyone flames me, I have Royal 2 on my fantasy team. He is an incredible player.

Royal 2 is in the same category as Snip3downew in my opinion. Great player overall & fantastic sniping talent, but the kind of player that works his best by sitting back and anchoring while his teammates apply pressure.

However, I much prefer watching front line aggressive players who get down and dirty (Snakebite, APG, Commonly etc) or players who always somehow find a way to stay alive in crazy situations (Frosty, Pistola etc).

Of course I also love watching players who die stupidly too (Ace, Ninja etc).

• Upvote (+1) 1

lmao, I think it takes more than shooting straight to have the best KDA against pros in the game and be on the most dominant team in the game.
  • Upvote (+1) 1