CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Elamite and Strongside use the word "huge" WAY too much. Not every random kill is huge. Not every double kill is huge. And if they truly are huge plays, please learn some synonyms. That's really the only thing that irks me about he commentary.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Is there a serious problem with slayer in this game now?

Would love to see some input from pro players here. Why have we seen SO many blowouts lately? Truth, Regret, and Eden all have serious snowballing/map flow issues now, IMO.

We need a 3rd gametype, or we need to fix some of the slayer maps ASAP.

So nV top 2 confirmed?

That stat is correct. If they 3-0 OpTic it'll continue to be a thing. E6 will probably lose 3-2 to EG and Liquid could pull a game off of RNG. WE really need nV to go 3-0 over OpTic to keep that #2 spot. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lunchbox with more kills than the other 3 combined.

Royal 2 and Snakebite each with more assists than EG =/

Elamite and Strongside use the word "huge" WAY too much. Not every random kill is huge. Not every double kill is huge. And if they truly are huge plays, please learn some synonyms. That's really the only thing that irks me about he commentary.

Pointed this out numerous times tonight to the people I was watching with.

Is there a serious problem with slayer in this game now?

Would love to see some input from pro players here. Why have we seen SO many blowouts lately? Truth, Regret, and Eden all have serious snowballing/map flow issues now, IMO.

We need a 3rd gametype, or we need to fix some of the slayer maps ASAP.

How hard is it to put in oddball? Seriously.

It's one of my favorite gametypes, but for whatever reason they've struggled to get it in (and I believe it took them awhile to get it in HCS for H2A).

• Upvote (+1) 3

Pointed this out numerous times tonight to the people I was watching with.

Things done too much:

1) Fist bumps

2) the word "huge"

3) the word "rally"

4) the word "solidify"

• Upvote (+1) 7

Not to be too negative, but anyone notice how low stream numbers are? That and these technical difficulties along with no real observer mode is making me worry for growth. This is why lots of LANs are essential, it's more expensive, but the rewards are greater in the long run. Not to mention that there are no questionable losses, the stream is in real time, with an exact depiction of how the player moves their reticule.  Plus crowds are an essential part of what makes competitive gaming truly special. Just some thoughts, I hope 343 fixes this soon. 

Things done too much:

1) Fist bumps

2) the word "huge"

3) the word "rally"

4) the word "solidify"

dont forget strong

It's unforgivable to just throw in the towel on this one. 343/HCS needs to issue some kind of statement detailing the reparations they plan to make and then work their asses off to get this right (i.e. get Observer mode functioning online). As others have stated, this is priority #1. If you're going to bother operating your own league, make sure your game and your studio has the infrastructure to make it happen. This isn't something that can be half-assed. I've been so excited about the positive steps Halo eSports has taken that to see it stumble over something as rudimentary as literally being unable to show the matches, it turns my stomach. At this point I'd almost rather go back to '04 when I'd shell out $20 to watch 240p H2 MLG streams in windows media player.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Actually, I think those are the standings that they know all the fans want. So maybe they're on to something. Even 343 hates Cratos

Why do they hate him?

When you have radar and "default" weapons as a start and the other team has power weapon control (BR/sniper/fuel rod/rockets/sword/etc) you get heavily punished. That's why the starts of games are more important in Halo 5 compared to any other Halo. Even more so compared to Halo 1 because you could slow the game down and use grenade tactics to blow weapons/power ups back. 

Reasons to snowball:

1- radar

2- default weapons

3- bad start (accidentally nade teammate, miss a jump, push each other off spawn, or just plain mess up/get out played)

4- easy to collapse on spawns with sprint 

5- easy to predict spawn system

6- current weapon and power up placement

Hope that gives you some insight on why we are seeing so many blowouts. 

Thanks based T2.

What can we do to fix this? Putting rifles back into bases in Truth? DMRs back on plats in Regret (they did take those away right?)?

Somethings gotta be done. We reduced the amount of good slayer gametypes by 2 for pretty much no reason.

Thanks based T2.

What can we do to fix this? Putting rifles back into bases in Truth? DMRs back on plats in Regret (they did take those away right?)?

Somethings gotta be done. We reduced the amount of good slayer gametypes by 2 for pretty much no reason.

The DMRs on Regret were replaced by BRs

• Upvote (+1) 1

Team records vs CLG since X-Games:

- Old Denial 4-8

- New RNG 2-4

- Old Epsilon 1-3

- Old ELV 1-3

- Old RNG 0-3

- Old ALG 0-4

- EG 0-14

I'm tired of hearing about this "prolific matchup" when EG by far gets dominated the hardest by CLG than any other team.

It's not a rivalry, it's a joke.

copy pasta from Twitter:

Not match of the week, yes. Not a rivarly? Disagree. Rivarlies have noooothing to do with the competitiveness of the two teams

Browns vs Bengals, Rangers vs Islanders, Bruins vs Habs, etc. These matchups have hardly been consistently competitive throughout the years but the rivalries will never not exist

rivals =/= equal skill

But I agree, match of the week should have been ALG vs E6 (granted the sweep was unexpected).
  • Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

That broadcast was everything I expected from 343 and comcast, two companies that just can't seem to do anything right. 343 fooled me once with h4, fooled me twice with the disaster that was mcc, and fooled me again when they said that h5 wouldn't have aim down sights and the smart scope is purely aesthetic. And all the while comcast was winning/competing yet another "worst company in america" award from the consumerist. What a team these two make. 

frabz-WAY-TO-GO-IDIOTS-dcad52.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Team records vs CLG since X-Games:

- Old Denial 4-8

- New RNG 2-4

- Old Epsilon 1-3

- Old ELV 1-3

- Old RNG 0-3

- Old ALG 0-4

- EG 0-14

I'm tired of hearing about this "prolific matchup" when EG by far gets dominated the hardest by CLG than any other team.

It's not a rivalry, it's a joke.

Are you aware of what a rivalry is? EG and CLG have been going at it since 2014, as the two strongest teams in Halo. Hell, I'd say there's been a RoyBox/RoyalBite rivalry going on since 2011 Nationals. Was it not a rivalry from G4G 2015-XGames where EG won every contest?

EG is also the last team to beat CLG on LAN, and the only team to do so in Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 6

The technical issues have killed almost all of my excitement for tomorrow. If your long time viewers are having trouble being interested in watching because of stream issues, you can almost certainly guarantee that any first time viewers tonight are not watching tomorrow.

I've never been one to be overly critical of 343. I just don't think I have the ability to critique their work fairly because of my knowledge. I do not claim to have knowledge of how to make a game. I do not claim to have knowledge of how to run a pro league. But man, if spectator mode isn't going to work well enough for you to be able to broadcast the promised matches, you might as well not have a pro league at all. What's the point? It's not a good look for the game or anyone involved in the league.

I feel bad for a lot of people in this situation to be honest. I'm sure that ESL is doing the best with what they're given. They obviously know what they're doing. They run other successful leagues. I also feel bad for the casters. Sure there are some things I could nitpick about for them, but no doubt some of their struggles are caused by long wait times and having to stall and pray that we'll get to watch this next game if spectator decides to work this time. I even feel bad for a lot of people at 343. I'm sure that the community reps and the people who interact with the community are frustrated by things like this as well, and I know that they aren't the ones developing things like spectator mode.

And I know that the servers were a little weird today so it made things lag and messed with the waypoint vod as well, but the fact that this is even an issue in the first place and the fact that we have to rely on spectator mode working only on specific occasions, is the problem.

I'm sorry that I'm ranting. I'm frustrated. Maybe this is too critical, I don't think it is though. It's genuine concern. If this league goes 6 or 7 weeks, and continues like this where technical issues not only occur but are overwhelming, interest will decline, viewership will decline, and we will be going in the wrong direction way too quickly.

There is a lot of potential in this pro league for Halo. I'd hate to see it lost.

• Upvote (+1) 5