CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Do you guys think there is any combination of 4 players that could beat CLG?

Bubu, Huke, Suspector, Snipedown?

On their day, perhaps Bubu, Huke, Penguin and Pistola/Roy/Naded? Idk, Maybe Ninja too, if he isn't too tilted and in his prime.

• Upvote (+1) 1

"Pessimistic"

P.S.

We will be scrimming tonight!

I don't think it's pessimistic to say you guys won't be on your A game with 1 night if practice this week.

Regardless, still rooting for you guys to prove everybody wrong.

Edit: also holy shit that production value @@LenoxCG

Great video

I doubt it. CLG is the most individually talented team, and they have by far the best chemistry of any H5 team.

You may be able to put a roster together that is comparable talent-wise, but it would take a miracle for those players to mesh as well as CLG.

But just to play along, I think if any team could beat them theoretically, it would have to include at least Formal (and maybe Enable). Just my opinion.

Snipedown, Spartan, Huke, Roy? If they clicked, practiced, and played well, they'd have a shot.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Individually are there 4 players that sum total is better than CLG? I'm not sure. But I am sure that if that team existed it wouldn't beat CLG in a series. CLG seems to be the kind of team whose whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Which is pretty terrifying.

Bubu, Penguin, Rayne, Suspector would be my pick. Every one of those has a ton of individual skill and a good understanding of H5 and how to play around its quirks (Autos/Movement/Radar). We've also seen that Bubu makes some very heads-up and unorthodox objective plays and I think this would be a key component, as objective games have been where CLG does the most damage.

I doubt it could happen by just throwing a bunch of talented players together with how much CLG grinds right. It would have to be a team that is already formed that has decent chemistry, but grinds together a few hours more a day to get their chemistry on point. CLG moves and flows together effortlessly. Snakebite calls plays, but i doubt he really even has to cause it seems like they're always moving towards the correct position anyways. How they fill voids to find the perfect spot to help isn't something you can just expect. It comes naturally for them, others are going to have to grind together to obtains it..... I don't see anyone who grinds enough TOGETHER to make that happen. Not talking solo queing MM, that may help you individually but it doesn't help the team learn to move together. Again, just my oppinion.

Beat them consistently? Or just win a series?

I think any current team in league CAN win a bo5 series against CLG , but it is unlikely and would require some luck with regards to gametypes. It would probably mean going to a game 5 stealing a Strongholds and winning both slayers...

I don't think there is any 4 player combo that would consistently beat CLG. Those 4 are the best in the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Huke snipedown roy ola

Huke snipedown penguin Rayne

Huke snipe bubu Roy

Would be 3 sick teams if the chemistry

Was there

Anyways back to reality I hope EG ain't too rusty but I expect a 4-0 from clg and vs e6 I think It will go 6games..not sure who to pick

I would really like to see how bad it gets when Na tries to scrim Eu. Is there any vod of that on youtube ? Is it really that bad there is no point of doing that ? Did any teams actually tried ?

How about EG when they practice as much as CLG? I think they could beat CLG.

:kappa:

:mj: 

• Upvote (+1) 2

This might be the 3rd Ketel One talking, but I'm really looking forward to EG/CLG. I think EG has a better chance than anyone to take a series off CLG imo.

This might be the 3rd Ketel One talking, but I'm really looking forward to EG/CLG. I think EG has a better chance than anyone to take a series off CLG imo.

I think so too, just not this week.

As most people have said, it'll most likely be a blowout tomorrow

Honestly. I'm really not excited for CLG vs EG. It's just going to be a landslide lol. RNG vs nV should be match of the week IMO.

E6 vs ALG

Bubu/Huke vs Contra/Devon storyline is too juicy.

The Denial team that turned heads last season.

I would really like to see how bad it gets when Na tries to scrim Eu. Is there any vod of that on youtube ? Is it really that bad there is no point of doing that ? Did any teams actually tried ?

batchford said the time difference and latency make it not worthwhile 

I doubt it could happen by just throwing a bunch of talented players together with how much CLG grinds right. It would have to be a team that is already formed that has decent chemistry, but grinds together a few hours more a day to get their chemistry on point. CLG moves and flows together effortlessly. Snakebite calls plays, but i doubt he really even has to cause it seems like they're always moving towards the correct position anyways. How they fill voids to find the perfect spot to help isn't something you can just expect. It comes naturally for them, others are going to have to grind together to obtains it..... I don't see anyone who grinds enough TOGETHER to make that happen. Not talking solo queing MM, that may help you individually but it doesn't help the team learn to move together. Again, just my oppinion.

While I agree chemistry and good, calm comms and post game talks are important, I think a lot of teams hit a peak. You can't just grind forever and get better and beat them IMO because teamwork won't win games. You need the right mesh of players who are both good together and all individually skilled. I 'll probably get a lot of flak for saying this but I think that's why EG won't beat them. I don't feel like the core 3 mesh together in this game as well as they have in all the previous games. Don't get me wrong though, I'm a fan of Roybox and Snipedown. I just think they need to go separate ways if this season doesn't pan out. 

If I had to pick, I'd say maybe Commonly, Huke, Penguin and Roy/Stellur. The problem is there's a lot of loyalty among the pros, so you might never get the right team cause "duos" exist.

Need more Shady Halo kids.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I always get the impression from watching EG stream that if you put roy, snipedown, and lunchbox in a room together alone for more than 15 minutes they would start trying to kill each other.

They literally argue with each other after most games.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The only four people that could beat CLG are CLG themselves. But CLG do not tilt and rarely make mistakes and are able to recover from losses easily, so I do not see any team of 4 outside of Lethul, Frosty, Snakebite and Royal 2 being able to take them down.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Did Spartan just explain the contra start button mash on stream? I was only half listening but I think the mystery might be solved

Sorry if I'm late and everyone already knows. Last two weeks have been crazy.

That team would be really good, when Lunchbox and Roy retire they should pick  Huke and Bubu up.

Ogre 2 said that Huke may very well be the best player not on CLG.

I could see that.

I'm so hyped for both E6 matches this week, gonna let the Hukemania run wild brother.

While I agree chemistry and good, calm comms and post game talks are important, I think a lot of teams hit a peak. You can't just grind forever and get better and beat them IMO because teamwork won't win games. You need the right mesh of players who are both good together and all individually skilled. I 'll probably get a lot of flak for saying this but I think that's why EG won't beat them. I don't feel like the core 3 mesh together in this game as well as they have in all the previous games. Don't get me wrong though, I'm a fan of Roybox and Snipedown. I just think they need to go separate ways if this season doesn't pan out.

If I had to pick, I'd say maybe Commonly, Huke, Penguin and Roy/Stellur. The problem is there's a lot of loyalty among the pros, so you might never get the right team cause "duos" exist.

Need more Shady Halo kids.

I hear what you're saying, but what teams have we seen that grind enough to know if they've peaked? EG hasn't practiced in weeks and RNG only play together when they scrim. Granted I don't followe the others as closely. We've seen teams get tired of the grind and choose not to, but we haven't seen a team grind the way I'm describing. I'm not saying all day every day. What teams are doing now won't give them a chance though.

batchford said the time difference and latency make it not worthwhile

Yeah time difference is a bitch, but you could definitely arrange a scrim from time to time. I understand there is gonna be bigger latency, but is it really that bad ? I have neither seen nor heard of anyone trying.

• Upvote (+1) 2