CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

@@FlizzyFletch So I watched the video and I gotta say I enjoyed it.

Personally I agree that the cuts were jarring. Have you instead tried to do slight pauses in between? It keeps it as one unified video and is easier for the viewer to take in the news. Think of it as putting a period in a sentence instead of one rambling paragraph. Other than that fantastic video.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Regarding the casting, I really feel that great casting can have a huge impact on Halo's growth. 

Literally the only reason I got into SC2 (initially) was Artosis and Tasteless ... didn't even touch the game for a few months, but grew interested solely through their casting.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What's funny is the old Denial roster saying Huke wasn't learning fast enough.

Dude didn't have a negative k/d for any series in the entire month of May and still hasn't into June, and his h2h ratio is almost always positive.

Kid's decision-making is on point so it's just laughable when you think of what Denial said and really just says there was a bunch of bullshit behind the scenes.

Ogre 2 said that Huke may very well be the best player not on CLG.

• Upvote (+1) 4

@@TheSimms @@Onset @@Wonderboy @@Wra7h

Why is "Left Right and Center" such a common phrase for EU?

It's something I never hear in NA, but used so frequently across the pond.

Where are you from? I hear it a lot from my grandparents/older family members in Georgia

• Upvote (+1) 1

No. Playing CLG requires you to be at 120% to even take games. Playing 14 full games is just not possible for our team, as proved by us always getting slapped in the second half of our series with them. Rather play them in a good 7 game series rather than playing 7 games, getting exhausted, and getting trashed for the next half. 

Schedule a 7 game scrim with them tonight, and a 7 game scrim with them tomorrow. That leaves more time to scrim other people before/after for you guys and for CLG. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

From a European who only watches NA, It's not fine at all. And even then it's not good enough.

I've seen comments from people who tuned into the stream to try to get into Comp Halo and they say they were scared away by the awful production and casting.

Those arent my words, its what they said. The people outside of Halo are responsible for the future growth of our game.

So yeah, no. The Pro League standard of casting and production 10000% needs improving.

Production values I agree 100% needs to be improved. People talk way too much about the casting imo though. The feedback is so constant and so negative.

No. Playing CLG requires you to be at 120% to even take games. Playing 14 full games is just not possible for our team, as proved by us always getting slapped in the second half of our series with them. Rather play them in a good 7 game series rather than playing 7 games, getting exhausted, and getting trashed for the next half.

Sounds like you guys don't care to be number 1. You will never beat them if you don't play them.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 11

Sounds like you guys don't care to be number 1. You will never beat them if you don't play them.

But what happens if every team agrees to not play CLG  :holmes:

• Upvote (+1) 2

We never said we wouldn't play them? Ninj asked them if they wanted to play a 7 game series but they would rather play a full series with another team. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Will NA and EU teams even scrim each other? Or are the EU teams just too irrelevant to bother with?

• Downvote (-1) 7

Will NA and EU teams even scrim each other? Or are the EU teams just too irrelevant to bother with?

More so the connection is an issue for both sides.

But the casters are but a small part of the broadcast. H5 is...the whole game.

It's still compartmentalization bias. You should, in practice, apply the same principles to one idea as you do to the other.

Relative size is not the issue. Just ask my fiance

:kappa:

:eyes:

• Upvote (+1) 8

We never said we wouldn't play them? Ninj asked them if they wanted to play a 7 game series but they would rather play a full series with another team. 

I understand your reasoning, it IS exhausting, but don't you think it could be good practice for an exhaustive LAN day (specifically, championship Sunday) in the future?

I think the only thing holding RNG back from being on par with CLG (individual skill argument aside) is mentality. I think it could do you guys a lot of good to learn to take practice, whether you get 13-0d or not, and be able to get something out of it no matter the outcome. 

Idk, it's a character thing. It'll build some stamina. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Episode 2: Week One of the Halo Pro League is live

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUQ7YiFQ36A

I love these little videos as they are a great tl;dr version of the matches like you stated. Some feedback for future videos - I think you're focusing on trying to keep a smile the whole time and it comes off a bit tacky-ish. Really though, I think everything else is great, keep it up.

Edit: actually I think it's the cuts that make the smiling seem odd. When it cuts from the end statement smile to the new statement smile, it's accentuates the jump from one cut to another. So I actually think the facial expressions during the actual gameplay statements are fine.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Where are you from? I hear it a lot from my grandparents/older family members in Georgia

same. it must be an old country thing. that explains the mother land using it more

@@FlizzyFletch So I watched the video and I gotta say I enjoyed it.

Personally I agree that the cuts were jarring. Have you instead tried to do slight pauses in between? It keeps it as one unified video and is easier for the viewer to take in the news. Think of it as putting a period in a sentence instead of one rambling paragraph. Other than that fantastic video.

I love these little videos as they are a great tl;dr version of the matches like you stated. Some feedback for future videos - I think you're focusing on trying to keep a smile the whole time and it comes off a bit tacky-ish. Really though, I think everything else is great, keep it up.

Edit: actually I think it's the cuts that make the smiling seem odd. When it cuts from the end statement smile to the new statement smile, it's accentuates the jump from one cut to another. So I actually think the facial expressions during the actual gameplay statements are fine.

Yeah, Both of these I need to work on. Will focus on trying to improve it!

Of course they would rather practice every game type. That's probably not going to change so why not suck it up and try a full series against the best? Seems like the best practice to me.

It's still compartmentalization bias. You should, in practice, apply the same principles to one idea as you do to the other.

Relative size is not the issue. Just ask my fiance

:kappa:

:eyes:

Why would I do that? Obviously I'm going put more time and effort into things that I deem to be more important.

• Upvote (+1) 1