CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I'd like a prize pool breakdown for the top 8.

afewgoodmenjack7.jpg

You can't handle the breakdown 

• Upvote (+1) 2

This got posted over on the Halo subreddit. 

Pretty cool.

pfftt..and people say there's no meta in H5.  :kappa:

Yes I know, but I cant think of any team apart from eLevate that has a good enough roster to break into the top 8. I doubt we will see another org stepping into Halo unless they have a guaranteed spot in the Pro League.. It just isnt a viable decision.

I don't think all 8 pro teams will stay together.  Can see some players getting dropped or swapped out for guys not in the league and then the dropped guys form a strong challenger team to break into the top 8, which could get picked up.  

There's more talent than 8 teams. Naded, Cloud, etc aren't in Pro League (and not on Elevate). 

But right now, the only top CSGO orgs I can see joining the fray are; Luminosity & fnatic. I assume a good roster needs to reach out to them though.

same

You see this in EU Soccer, Barcelona B(Lower Tier) squad has qualified to be promoted to La Liga(Top Tier) in the past however since this is not allowed other lower ranked teams were sent on in ahead of them because you can't own 2 teams in the same league. I don't think Halo team could function the same way, since "development" isn't really something that needs to be fostered on a lower level for mulitple years. I also don't think a player would want to be "stuck" on a development squad.

You could sell the team for promotion but investors wouldn't like being forced to sell their team because they are "good".

Nobodies forcing them to pick up a challenger tier team so if they dont like the rules, dont get involved. No sensible organization should turn down marketing with a challenger team for minimal to no pay...then getting a lump sum by selling off the team to another organization...then rinse and repeat.

You're trying to tell me top tier AM players wouldn't want to be "stuck" on "CLG Black"? Do you know what sort of name and brand recognition that could bring to a lot of these players?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't think all 8 pro teams will stay together.  Can see some players getting dropped or swapped out for guys not in the league and then the dropped guys form a strong challenger team to break into the top 8, which could get picked up.  

There's more talent than 8 teams. Naded, Cloud, etc aren't in Pro League (and not on Elevate). 

I think there is only really 1 MAYBE 2 players in challenger league that pro teams would consider. Heinz is the obvious choice and then I think Danoxide is the best of the rest.

• Downvote (-1) 3

Stats

Just curious did Maniac have the worst stats in both pro leagues?

So I looked at the HCS now tweet regarding the player of the week. Ninja has 41% or 236 votes of something like 577 votes cast. Impressive, but I just cannot fathom how str8 sick made the vote, I recall one dominant start on a coliseum flag where he and optic were unstoppable for one flag cap against clg but after that did he really warrant an inclusion? I think there were much more deserving candidates such as:

• Mikwen
  • Pistola
  • Suspector
  • Contra
  • Huke

He did pretty well in the slayer game against EG. Was the only one on his team to go positive and although he missed some snipes he had a killing spree and did a good job controlling camo so while I don't disagree with your list of other potential candidates him doing that on stream probably earned him his spot in the poll.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Watching the pro scene from the other weekend I think I'm going to start rooting for CLG. Also their team skins are sexy as fuck.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Watching the pro scene from the other weekend I think I'm going to start rooting for CLG. Also their team skins are sexy as fuck.

The only downfall that comes with rooting for CLG is the inability to root for the underdogs.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The only downfall that comes with rooting for CLG is the inability to root for the underdogs.

Here's the thing. They seem to put the most dedication to the game. The skins are sexy. Also they are winning.

I mean I might root for something else if it's a different matchup but still.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I just can't wait for Thursday to see what hiding spot Frosty is going to show us next.

It's like a weekly Where's Frosty. (@@Moses_FPS get on that.)

• Upvote (+1) 1

What's funny is the old Denial roster saying Huke wasn't learning fast enough.

Dude didn't have a negative k/d for any series in the entire month of May and still hasn't into June, and his h2h ratio is almost always positive.  

Kid's decision-making is on point so it's just laughable when you think of what Denial said and really just says there was a bunch of bullshit behind the scenes.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What's funny is the old Denial roster saying Huke wasn't learning fast enough.

Dude didn't have a negative k/d for any series in the entire month of May and still hasn't into June, and his h2h ratio is almost always positive.  

Kid's decision-making is on point so it's just laughable when you think of what Denial said and really just says there was a bunch of bullshit behind the scenes.

I remember being extremely confused when they said he wasn't learning quick enough or whatever reason they gave. I didn't know anything about Huke prior to the HWC, so when I heard he came from CoD and had only been playing for a few months, I assumed he was the second-coming of Snipedown in terms of immediate success in the professional Halo world.

Any team willing to part with such a dominant player like that must have REALLY had clashing personalities and outlooks on the game.