CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I was literally waiting for it....

its all out of love < 3

Roy's taking 4 days off to go to Florida. Guess EG gonna hve to miss out on practice again :/

Unbelievable...week after week they let their fans down.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Maybe it was planned before Pro Leauge was announced with dates.

• Upvote (+1) 2

tbf by some fucking miracle theyre doing well in the pro league.

final form is going to win the tournament today 

They got reverse swept by Catastrophe in quarters yesterday.

And they just got reverse swept by Catastrophe AGAIN today, in wb quarters.

Think they got a magical LB run in them?  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 4

I was wondering if you guys ever thought about making a thread for open circuit teams? I think that would be kinda cool. Just like the AM threads back in the day. Tracking teams with the highest points and what not. @@CyReN

• Upvote (+1) 4

EG could easily go 0-2 this week

they face CLG and E6

probably will tbh

With 1 day of practice? Yeah, 0-2 is probably gonna happen

Yeah, no.

They exist to support teams. Adding an option to buy with REQ points defeats the point unless they're gonna slip some of our REQ points into the players accounts, aha.

They don't exist solely to financially support teams. They also exist so people can rep their favourite teams. And to raise awareness amongst casual players.

They should be in the req system.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I was wondering if you guys ever thought about making a thread for open circuit teams? I think that would be kinda cool. Just like the AM threads back in the day. Tracking teams with the highest points and what not. @@CyReN

Heads up, we aren't doing a Challenger Series Thread, a few reasons for those that care:

• The threads on the MLG days were terrible, from flaming to shit talk. It didn't hold a candle to the Pro Thread.
  • There doesn't seem to be a lot of interest compared to the HCS Pro League (13 teams for Friday)
  • The shit talk and flaming
That basically covers it all.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Heads up, we aren't doing a Challenger Series Thread, a few reasons for those that care:

• The threads on the MLG days were terrible, from flaming to shit talk. It didn't hold a candle to the Pro Thread.
  • There doesn't seem to be a lot of interest compared to the HCS Pro League (13 teams for Friday)
  • The shit talk and flaming
That basically covers it all.

awe well, fair points for sure hahaha thanks for the Intel, Frosty.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

The round we played to get top 8 was against yiws, afterlife222, Crony, and Dastroyed who are low key goats. A very intense five games series ended with my team winning. We had a very crazy momentum shifter game 2 on rig slayer where we were down by around 8 kills and came back to win 50-49 right before a teammate died to their grenade, I went 19-9 that game. I ended it with a double with scattershot. Clutch plays man.

That five game series was intense. I wish I could say that choke was a one-off, but we literally did the same thing today against Prototype's team; up by 7-8 kills Game 5 on Regret TS, end up losing 50-49. That's something we'll get better at with us playing better scrims more consistently, we really haven't had any.

We were one win away from top 8 today (up 2-1 on Turley/NYSea's team), but Troy had to get off for his graduation. Ah well. Would have laughed my ass off if Team Reddit Halo made top 8 Challenger League, but we'll be back at it next weekend.

• Upvote (+1) 8

That five game series was intense. I wish I could say that choke was a one-off, but we literally did the same thing today against Prototype's team; up by 7-8 kills Game 5 on Regret TS, end up losing 50-49. That's something we'll get better at with us playing better scrims more consistently, we really haven't had any.

We were one win away from top 8 today (up 2-1 on Turley/NYSea's team), but Troy had to get off for his graduation. Ah well. Would have laughed my ass off if Team Reddit Halo made top 8 Challenger League, but we'll be back at it next weekend.

Didn't you use to stream? If you are who I think you are you have that dope made for radio voice.

Didn't you use to stream? If you are who I think you are you have that dope made for radio voice.

Haha yep I'm UEGs_Crony, what was your username? I moved into my new apartment last August and they still haven't installed fiber optic yet, was supposed to be done before I moved in. Only 5 mbps upload speed, not enough for me to stream unfortunately. I miss it.

Saw this today in a blog post

6dc0de4ae17b32762d8f793f42ef1fbe.png

tumblr_inline_mvpulgHYLs1rz0x9z.gif

It was originally "the online hub for competitive Halo" lol

For anyone that cares about the Legendary cup going on right now:

WB Finals:

Elevate (Danoxide, Randa, Falcated, Heinz)

vs

OnlyGoodOnline (Chaser, Monstcr, Munoz, Prototype)

LBR3 #1 (winner plays Catastrophe [Nemmassist, Renegade, Trippey, Brainstorm] in LBR4 #1)

Shock the World (Drift, Atzo, Bullet, Gambino)

vs

Torment (CTC, Turley, NYSea, Eccentrik)

LBR3 #2 (winner plays New Era [Cpt Anarchy, Marbelize, Squall, vt3ch] in LBR4 #2)

French Toast Mafia (Cloud, Gabriel, Musa, Rammmy)

vs

Final Form (Juziro, Mr Blakerz, Firebird, SypherPAT)

• Upvote (+1) 2

It was originally "the online competitive hub for Halo" lol

I think you're missing the point.

I think you're missing the point.

Is this not the online hub for competitive Halo?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Is this not the online hub for competitive Halo?

I think the work of those here on staff and the help of the community have made this a mainstay for competitive Halo much like Smash has Smashboard and Starcraft has Team Liquid. To say it "considers itself" kinda undermines the work and progress this community has made in the last few years since the MLG days to find a new home and identity. That's how I look at it personally.

You seem to be familiar with the community here which makes it even more surprising for you to type up.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think the work of those here on staff and the help of the community have made this a mainstay for competitive Halo much like Smash has Smashboard and Starcraft has Team Liquid. To say it "considers itself" kinda undermines the work and progress this community has made in the last few years since the MLG days to find a new home and identity. That's how I look at it personally.

You seem to be familiar with the community here which makes it even more surprising for you to type up.

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. I wrote it as "Team Beyond, the online hub for competitive Halo..." but it got edited. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. I wrote it as "Team Beyond, the online hub for competitive Halo..." but it got edited. 

All good :simms:

We really need a thumbs up emoji smiley.