CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Am I the only who thinks if Optic replaced Maniac with Heinz they'd be a hell of a lot better than they are now?

Never gonna happen though :/

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This is my biggest piece of feedback. I have fridays off from class, so I selfishly want to watch some EU Halo when I get home from the gym.

Make it happen  :simms: .

:prayers:

Also @@Uncle Rico @ll meanbean ll @@careh @@Campbell

Yay or nay?

0hJw79I.png

Looks good man. I don't think there's a way to reconcile which side a team is on until a few games into the season, so it looks lopsided for now. The only other thing I can think of is maybe make the team logo the focus instead of the team name? Looks good either way though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Looks good man. I don't think there's a way to reconcile which side a team is on until a few games into the season, so it looks lopsided for now. The only other thing I can think of is maybe make the team logo the focus instead of the team name? Looks good either way though.

The only problem with that is the team names fade into the background. Only so much I can do with PPT  :wutface:

I see what you're saying though and it'd be much better

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone know the deal with Challenger League Points?

Can't view anything for EU so far, was wondering if today's counts towards it or just Sundays Tournament.

Cratos needs to learn how to use a comma and the enter button. It's borderline impossible to read his stuff as is

• Upvote (+1) 4

Danoxide constantly having a negative attitude is worse than when Naded went on his Negative Nancy streak a few weeks back. It must be so difficult to come back and win when your teammate is nearly constantly complaining/degrading and having horribly negative callouts.

• Upvote (+1) 4

39-44 Danoxide: "We're just choking, bro............"

I used to wonder why he wasn't on a Pro League team.

EDIT; They pulled it together and got the W. Good on them.

Snip

Good list, though I'd personally adjust it a little bit to include the vast difference in difficulty of sniping between the Halo games.

That being said, Roy would top my list for being consistently incredible at sniping throughout numerous Halo games, including Halo 3 which featured the most difficult sniping. Snip3down would be high up too then, though I don't remember how good he was with the sniper in Reach.

39-44 Danoxide: "We're just choking, bro............"

I used to wonder why he wasn't on a Pro League team.

EDIT; They pulled it together and got the W. Good on them.

Kid was freaking out at the end of that game haha

I was bored and I saw Commonly's tweet about who would you want to have the sniper in a 49-49 game so I decided to make a power ranking of the best snipers of all time in a given year.

10. StrongSide/Ogre 1/Ogre 2 2007: I couldn't give it to one player since they often rotated who picked up sniper off the start but all 3 were equally devastating. Some might say the Ogres (Ogre 1 especially) were better with the sniper in 2005 but I went with 2007 given the ability of the trio.

9. FearItSelf 2010: FIS was as solid as they come and used the sniper in team oriented fashion similarly to the way Royal 2 uses it now.

8. Roy 2011: He was money on the God Squad and there are rare instances where I would rather see him have the sniper on Evil Geniuses over Snipedown.

7. Cloud 2010: Cloud was a better sniper on Instinct than he was when he won the national championship on Believe the Hype. He was a monster on the Pit in H3.

6. Enable 2011: His sniping abilities is what helped Status Quo to finally beat the God Squad in the last Halo Reach event for MLG in 2012. He was a monster more in 2011 though. 

5. Royal 2 2016: He should be higher on this list with more time but I just feel bad for whatever team he plays against when has sniper on Coliseum Flag.

4. Hysteria 2009: He was the best sniper on the best team in Triggers Down and if not for a Xbox failure in the last seconds to beat Team Classic (and a huge choke job in the games afterwords) they might have gone on to win the national championship.

3. Formal 2011: Formal was best with the sniper in his breakout year and he picked up the sniper more often than Snipedown when they teamed together on Ambush during the AGL days.

2. Gandhi 2006: Few people got to witness how good he was with the sniper and his sniping abilities was a key part of why they beat Final Boss in 2006 and won the national championship.

1. Snipedown 2008: After the opening halo 3 event in Meadowlands he never finished lower than second with the 3 different teams in Instinct, Triggers Down, and Str8 Rippin. He was a sniping monster with all three and helped lead Str8 Rippin to the national championship.

Feel free to fire away at my rankings, I feel many spots are interchangeable based on personal preference.

If you're going strictly by the most talented snipers of all time, I would honestly put Halo 3 Neighbor at or near the top of that list (in my opinion).

• Upvote (+1) 6

I was bored and I saw Commonly's tweet about who would you want to have the sniper in a 49-49 game so I decided to make a power ranking of the best snipers of all time in a given year.

10. StrongSide/Ogre 1/Ogre 2 2007: I couldn't give it to one player since they often rotated who picked up sniper off the start but all 3 were equally devastating. Some might say the Ogres (Ogre 1 especially) were better with the sniper in 2005 but I went with 2007 given the ability of the trio.

9. FearItSelf 2010: FIS was as solid as they come and used the sniper in team oriented fashion similarly to the way Royal 2 uses it now.

8. Roy 2011: He was money on the God Squad and there are rare instances where I would rather see him have the sniper on Evil Geniuses over Snipedown.

7. Cloud 2010: Cloud was a better sniper on Instinct than he was when he won the national championship on Believe the Hype. He was a monster on the Pit in H3.

6. Enable 2011: His sniping abilities is what helped Status Quo to finally beat the God Squad in the last Halo Reach event for MLG in 2012. He was a monster more in 2011 though. 

5. Royal 2 2016: He should be higher on this list with more time but I just feel bad for whatever team he plays against when has sniper on Coliseum Flag.

4. Hysteria 2009: He was the best sniper on the best team in Triggers Down and if not for a Xbox failure in the last seconds to beat Team Classic (and a huge choke job in the games afterwords) they might have gone on to win the national championship.

3. Formal 2011: Formal was best with the sniper in his breakout year and he picked up the sniper more often than Snipedown when they teamed together on Ambush during the AGL days.

2. Gandhi 2006: Few people got to witness how good he was with the sniper and his sniping abilities was a key part of why they beat Final Boss in 2006 and won the national championship.

1. Snipedown 2008: After the opening halo 3 event in Meadowlands he never finished lower than second with the 3 different teams in Instinct, Triggers Down, and Str8 Rippin. He was a sniping monster with all three and helped lead Str8 Rippin to the national championship.

Feel free to fire away at my rankings, I feel many spots are interchangeable based on personal preference.

You could basically just say "Snip3down: Career".  The dude has been a complete monster.  We forget about how good he is because he's been doing it for so long but god damn some of the shots he hits even to this day are mind blowing. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I was bored and I saw Commonly's tweet about who would you want to have the sniper in a 49-49 game so I decided to make a power ranking of the best snipers of all time in a given year..........

Overall a really solid ,well thought out list. And thank you, thank you, thank you for including 06 Gandhi, you're right about people not knowing/ forgetting about how good he was then, playing on 6 sens too.

I'd add , or just add a note for 2015 H2A Snipedown, he was a major reason EG was so dominant, especially on Sanc/Lockout.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ggs to elevate, series was fun af, hopefully we'll see them in the finals tmrw

• Upvote (+1) 5

It would be pretty hard to not have Snip3down and Formal as your top 2 all time. Since Snip3down really started in 08 one of those two has been the best in the game with that weapon all the way until now. Royal 2 more recently and Neighbor/Hysteria at times in H3 would have to round out the top 5. After those guys you have all sorts of insane and flashy players that do something wild every once in awhile like Mikwen in that Lockout Oddball game but they aren't consistently that good.

It would be pretty hard to not have Snip3down and Formal as your top 2 all time. Since Snip3down really started in 08 one of those two has been the best in the game with that weapon all the way until now. Royal 2 more recently and Neighbor/Hysteria at times in H3 would have to round out the top 5.

Did you actually mean Formal in your first sentence?