CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Only information as have is that Series 1 releases later this month.

No price yet.

--

EDIT: Gonna sneak this in here.

Want to apologize again for anyone who I timed out for the emote spam last night. Obviously that's just what Twitch chat is, especially when a top player is absolutely fucking dominating in their pro league matches. No excuse for me being an ass last night and in future, I won't be turning Twitch chat into Nazi Germany. 

I also want to clarify that I have nothing against Ninja if it seemed that way. I recall someone mentioning I was only timing out emote spam and not hateful comments about him or the usual comments about drugs. 

I love Ninja, great dude, I wouldn't be following him on Twitter or watching his streams occasionally if I disliked the guy.

Forgive me, lads.

No problem i appreciate how you went about everything other than the blunt responses you gave but no qualms man. <3 

• Upvote (+1) 1

This has probably been said a lot, but I think Elamite is doing a great job casting. Really fluid with his explanations and properly emphasizes when it is needed.

The improvement last night was very noticeable. Better casting, better camera control, etc. 

Good stuff, @@StrongSide and @@Elamite.

Accidental neg D: I'll get you back.

I completely agree though last night was infinitely better

I've said it countless times in twitch streams, Huke is the best player in Halo 5 that does not wear a CLG jersey. I am definitely a fan.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I already apologized and it's over. I'm not gonna stop timing out idiots who say that pro players snort addy, Halo is dead, etc, though. I'm probably one of few mods who actually will bother too.

Pro tip that is a bad idea and it will backfire like the emote thing

Just ban people being racist and posting spoilers

Less is more

it's not your job to stop twitch chat from being twitch chat

• Upvote (+1) 3

Outside of the disconnects much better presentation last night.

Strongside is only going to get better with time and practice. He has a great voice, and useful incite, he just struggles getting it out fluently in the heat of the moments.

I imagine casting takes nerves of steel.

A lot of great matches. The Liquid v CLG series was much closer than the score shows. With some better late game decisions, we coulda been looking at a game 4 with Liquid up 2-1. It's fun to see the God's bleed a little.

Ninja's performance on Rig had me jumping out of my seat. If the Reticle solution was better in spectate mode, I think I would have had a heart attack.

This should probably be taken to the setting thread, but the issues with Truth's weapon placement was really put on display tonight. So much steak... Seems to take at least 20 deaths to break out of a spawn trap... Of course it could be argued that this is the penalty for submitting map control, but for the sake of pro league, it doesn't make for a good show, no matter how much Elamite tries to generate hype.

If we aren't allowed to not like Cratos who are we allowed to not like?

Pistola. We all love the Wizard.

tumblr_inline_mw2kmogudG1sohk3w.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

Game one they get a great start off go up 1-0 they pull a flag we kill 2 shoot flag runner lags out. Us 3 up them about to be fresh 3 dead. They restart 1-0 and get to start the map they obviously have the edge off the break and do the same. Plaza slayer we 3 down them I get new snipe snipe one looking at last guy we have total map control they lag out. And we replay with no map position no power weapon.

If they wanted to be cool about it they would've accepted they were at a extreme disadvantage and do a full restart game 2 but they cried to the admins for them to only get 11 kills. So I'm being serious. Y'all would cry so hard if your favorite team got full map control and power weapons and then the other team lags out once again. And you play from the break that if it doesn't go perfect the other team can literally just play for trades with very few kills left in the game. K I'm done just wanted to post this so you guys knew the scenario Cus you guys honestly couldn't tell or something from whatever point of view it was showing

I'm not saying you're wrong, but this is all coming off assumptions. You're not actually there to see if they did this, and seeing as Halo 5 has a TON of disconnect issues, assuming anything is just a bad idea. 

Mikwen posted this yesterday

Left fireteam for both Tim and I. Nothing we can do about that, has nothing to do with connection.

But I'd love a more detailed response as to what happened yesterday. @@Mikwen @@Rayne @@eL ToWn @@iGotUrPistola

TLDR; dont jump to conclusions Cratos and Beyond Forums. That's never a good idea.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think that would again defeat the purpose, because we would be back to different tags.

Do you not find it hard to read them with so much lettering in each GT?

Just re-watched that RNG / ALG series, nothing but straight goosebumps when @@Ninja was going off.   :walshy:

They need to improve a bit on Flag but what a great showing on Slayer and SH.  

• Upvote (+1) 3

since when is believing yourself to be the best in the game a bad thing?

if spartan or pistola said that i imagine the reception would be much more supportive despite it being every bit as untrue

I don't think I've ever seen a Halo Pro douchey enough to  put "best player in the game" in their Twitter bio... until Cratos.  There's a reason you don't see other pros saying that... particularly the ones who are objectively better.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I think the only criticism I could give on the casting would be that there were a few times they pulled up stats during gun battles for a bit too long. I know they were trying to show us how many were dead for the other team, but I'd rather them let us see the gun battle and just tell us how many are dead. Leave the stats for when someone goes deathscreen or something for a few seconds.

Aside from that nitpick, solid job @@StrongSide and @@Elamite

I really enjoyed it.

I think the only criticism I could give on the casting would be that there were a few times they pulled up stats during gun battles for a bit too long. I know they were trying to show us how many were dead for the other team, but I'd rather them let us see the gun battle and just tell us how many are dead. Leave the stats for when someone goes deathscreen or something for a few seconds.

Aside from that nitpick, solid job @@StrongSide and @@Elamite

I really enjoyed it.

I know when @@Clicked and I are casting, I'll usually be the one to pull up the stats and update people because I'm not streaming my POV. I'm not sure if @@Elamite and @@StrongSide are casting off one screen or not, but it might be helpful to have two set ups they can sync so that the off-stream caster POV can pull up and read off stats. @@Timo

• Upvote (+1) 2

He did it on purpose to entertain us.

Can't have any boring plays.

• Upvote (+1) 7

15qIrkT.png

hype

also lol 420  :angry:

Lets gooooo! So hyped.

Also:

Power rankings for this week are due tomorrow by 5PM EST fellas! Get your votes in! 

DM @hcspowerranks or PM me here.

and @@CyReN you ain't lying. 

I legitimately have Pro League withdrawal. :/

It's funny because if players were allowed to stream, then this type of issue regarding lag outs would have more supporting evidence for or against its authenticity. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1