CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Match prediction results for tonight:

Need to work out a solution for the fuzziness. Sorry fellas. 

Jpg is trash compression.

• Upvote (+1) 1

by the end of the night my drunken father is making Bubudubu jokes

your dad on the level. welcome.

• Upvote (+1) 1

it seems like 343 doesn't have any project managers looking at the big picture and bringing all the pieces together. It's like there are a lot of teams doing their thing and keeping their head down not looking at how their project interacts with little Johnny Gymboree's project. They consistently have these same weird types of issues that really shouldn't fall through the cracks.

Idk I make shit up for a living

Jpg is trash compression.

I know, I use export to PNG, still fuzzy :/

Use illustrator for text, not photoshop.

He uses PowerPoint my man.

Makes it more impressive, really.

• Upvote (+1) 2

He uses PowerPoint my man.

Makes it more impressive, really.

Lol wtf, come on Vini.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Lol wtf, come on Vini.

LMAO, I know :mj: FeelsStudentLoansMan

I have some free options I can take a look at that some Beyonders suggested. Pixlr for one. Still learning the finer points of it. 

Would love to get Photoshop/illustrator in the future.

• Upvote (+1) 1

LMAO, I know :mj: FeelsStudentLoansMan

I have some free options I can take a look at that some Beyonders suggested. Pixlr for one. Still learning the finer points of it.

Would love to get Photoshop/illustrator in the future.

If you got a student email, Adobe products are pretty cheap. I'd look into it if you are serious.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Should be on 343 to pump money and advertising for the channel to get more eyes on it, not to hamstring other streamers who are more entertaining than the stream itself.

Maybe fucking hire an observer, a play-by-play and color commentator, release the actual spectator mode and not the three minute theater, then you wouldn't need some bullshit 48 hour rule. I'm a firm believer that if you want more, do better. None of this bullshit let's make a rule because we can't figure out how to get better numbers. I nut and they kept sucking when it came to my REQ pack purchases but it seems they're more keen on spreading that money thin than dumping it in to the HCS and figuring shit out. It just rubs me the wrong way that their solution to increasing their stream numbers was to cut down the very players who make their league possible. Fucking artificial inflation too, it's not new viewers it's just people who'd rather watch their favorite player stream than listen to a boring stream, get shown boring Forge maps and Christmas specials during the break, and be force fed REQ pack information they already know about. Fucking streamers cater to their audience and the 343 live stream feels like it's aimed at a gimmick E3 new player PAX Prime content drop live stream. 

They just gotta do shit better. 

Great post. More pages this is on the better.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just my 2 cent but I feel like players not streaming league matches has an adverse effect on getting halo more popular.

Before I got into competitive halo I'd just watch Ninja's stream MCC doubles and stuff like that and never any of the events he played in on the halo channel. After watching a few of his scrims on H2A I got into it a bit more and did eventually start watching events. I always however preferred scrims as hearing the players coms was more interesting and entertaining to me then the commentary.

Don't get me wrong, I know there's tons of people who love the analysis done but T2 and others and I like it sometimes too but there's defiantly a certain sector of fans who prefer listening to team communicate and such.

During the last chance qualifier for pro league the Halo channel had a solid number of views, I can't recall the exact amount but it was defiantly over 1k while Randa's stream had about 400 because of the turmoil going on in the team at the time. I know it wasn't healthy or great for anyone involved on that Elevate team but nonetheless it was entertaining and had a "storyline". 

That's also what Competitive halos about, storylines. That's what keeps in interesting. Remember when Ninja was dropped by Ace on Team Liquid and then destroyed them in one of the Online qualifiers? I remember him having around 2k views for that. Can you imagine if that wasn't streamed or not allowed to of been? Would of sucked in my opinion.

I'm not just a fan of watching spartans killing other spartans, it's the people who control them I'm interested in too. Maybe if like what someone else suggested that players record their league matches and upload them to youtube. It would also help the halo scene grow and get more exposure on youtube.

Either way I'll still watch the halo channel but it would be nice to have the option to watch streamers too.

• Upvote (+1) 4

legendary

Hey bud, should make you feel better to know they read it:

wish my first post was this good  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Community update tonight :)

Wonder if they'll say anything on stream about it? Would be cool to see chat reaction

Wonder if they'll say anything on stream about it? Would be cool to see chat reaction

Well shit. Now I don't want to sleep.

Well shit. Now I don't want to sleep.

lmao. Could always see chat replay on their official vod :P