CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

For the EU side of things, if there isn't going to be an official thing once a week, can't the halo twitch just host one of the pros streaming it?

It's cool that the pros choose not to stream the other three weekly events though.

Here's to hoping pros do not stream ANY of their league matches. We were in agreement yesterday to not stream regardless of the 48 hour rule. We want to see the halo channel grow and personally I think those stream numbers yesterday were decent. Wish there was a rule in place to enforce no streaming similar to CoD. ESL/343 are doing a lot of production for this league and it shows, taking away from that is selfish in my opinion. 

Would be nice if you guys did this during Beyond events  :simms:

edit: OpTic never signs up for any of them anyways  :prayers:  :prayers:  :cash:  :cash:  :simms:  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Here's to hoping pros do not stream ANY of their league matches. We were in agreement yesterday to not stream regardless of the 48 hour rule. We want to see the halo channel grow and personally I think those stream numbers yesterday were decent. Wish there was a rule in place to enforce no streaming similar to CoD. ESL/343 are doing a lot of production for this league and it shows, taking away from that is selfish in my opinion. 

I don't know if this would help any, but pros could also host the Halo channel? 

Edit: I don't think that would help with numbers, but it could help reach people and get them interested potentially?

So if the ESL twitch channel is unavailable for pro league, you would rather just not let anyone see the matches? I don't see how that make sense. If ESL were to be using the ESL channel for something like a CSGO tournament or whatever, it wouldn't be hurting anything if a player wanted to stream.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

It depends. I can understand how as a pro player you can look at it and feel it would be selfish of you to stream since you would profit from it personally but at the same time I can confidently say watching you stream pro league would be a better experience for me than watching the production 343/ESL has been putting out. If they improve greatly and change that (we can start with spectator mode not being awful) it would be one thing but if the end result is just something that isn't as fun to watch for some people then whats the point in not having pro streams available as well? Offering the best experience possible is more important than inflating 343/ESL's views beyond what they are earning for themselves by just hopefully being a superior experience imo. 

In one hand I get it, but in the other it seems to only hurt Ninja, Snipedown, Roy, Lethul, Maniac, etc. A lot of other players don't get terribly high numbers. I'd prefer an option, but I get it I guess.

There are also a lot of other things you can do to grow this scene, not steaming isn't the only thing.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Tournament/LAN check 2-0

@@AbK

Lol Rob, 2-0? Where'd this come from? Don't say Daytona, that wasn't a real team with how bad Thuggish did..

In the short term all that needs to happen is anyone playing in the EU pro league Friday night has permission to stream their games, no clash with the Halo channel and addicts like me get to actually see the league matches

I'm pretty butthurt that we're one of the only Pro Leagues ridiculous enough to not stream a region's entire days worth of matches.

Crazy...

I like the idea of players hosting the channel too so we can talk in their chat if they wish

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is cool but if there's a situation where there isn't an official stream for the day, the 48-hour rule should go out the window.

In one hand I get it, but in the other it seems to only hurt Ninja, Snipedown, Roy, Lethul, Maniac, etc. A lot of other players don't get terribly high numbers. I'd prefer an option, but I get it I guess.

There are also a lot of other things you can do to grow this scene, not steaming isn't the only thing.

There is an option, hence the 48 hour rule to notify them, just the email wasn't sent in a timely manner. I do think the pros should host the halo channel and could possibly record their matches similar to how OpTic does in CoD? Also agree that watching a player themselves is about 100x better than the spectator mode online. No doubt about that which is why i can see some wanting individual PoVs. You guys have all made great points

• Upvote (+1) 7

@@Fierce tweeted me it last night, I honestly thought he was just trolling me

But yea, that should not be a thing at all. I'm all for viewers and whatnot but let the players have the option to grow their brand and content if they want. Especially those that want to take it to another level and have a chance now.

Yeah, I asked someone to stream the Pro League a few hours beforehand, yesterday, and they told me why they couldn't/weren't going to. My understanding is that they came to the consensus that it would somehow be better for Halo if they all just hosted the Halo channel. Apparently they get a cut of the revenue based off of their seed at the end, too.

• Upvote (+1) 1

snip

You summed up what really bothers me about it pretty well. They're just removing competition instead of actually doing better to attract views. God knows I wouldn't ever watch their streams with how its been going if I had a choice in the matter.

You summed up what really bothers me about it pretty well. They're just removing competition instead of actually doing better to attract views. God knows I wouldn't ever watch their streams with how its been going if I had a choice in the matter.

They're just playing a game with investors and their overhead too, they gotta show that their numbers are improving so they can keep their jobs and instead of increasing the production value and effort they put into the stream, into the league, and into the advertising, they tell the players they'll get a cut for pushing their viewers to their stream and keep in mind this only really benefits the majority of players who get stream numbers far lower than the number of pros and high profile Halo streamers, so of course they're going to vote in favor of this rule.

It's essentially the majority of lesser viewed streams reaching into the pockets of the streamers with the higher numbers and stealing money right from them. Meanwhile, 343 Industries gets to make some bullshit info graphic about how rapidly the stream numbers are improving to their "7.4 million Halo eSports enthusiasts." 

Fucking wankers mate. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

"7.4 million Halo eSports enthusiasts." 

Those 7.4 million Halo eSports enthusiasts made up 75% of the Overwatch Open Beta playerbase  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 4

where can I find info/keep tabs on the open cups and results?

Match prediction results for tonight:

WfBPm5t.png

Need to work out a solution for the fuzziness. Sorry fellas. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Match prediction results for tonight:

predictionsweek1day2.jpg

Need to work out a solution for the fuzziness. Sorry fellas. 

Sometimes saving it as a .png can help with that issue, but I've only ever really used MS Paint. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

snip

Wow, amazing post. 

Two amazing posts in one page, GG guys. 

Sometimes saving it as a .png can help with that issue, but I've only ever really used MS Paint. 

Yeah, did that, still gets fuzzy :/ 

In fact, its fuzzier if I use the PNG export on PPT, rather than just print screen, paste to paint and save it from paint. 

Weird, I know. I'll have to figure something out.