CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

All these people are saying that EG is getting washed and the team doesn't care anymore. Now I want EG to crush it in the pro league so all these people just STFU.

I guess being number 2 isn't that bad.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

All these people are saying that EG is getting washed and the team doesn't care anymore. Now I want EG to crush it in the pro league so all these people just STFU.

Don't we all

CTC is BxbyJ fyi

Do you know who is CTD have seen him on multiple streams and he isaid impressive.

Anyone know what's going on with Catastrophe's players? Thought Brainstorm & Renegade were running w/ Gab, but then he tweeted F/A and has now joined FTM?

thats the thing, EG always brings it when they need to. they are still the clear 2nd best team even if they drop a scrim every now and then. nothing i've seen challenges this opinion.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I do grind the game and no excuse made like 2 big mistakes among many others, one of which was the rockets. Other mistakes sometimes are better to just move on and not address. The number of missed rockets those games just added to

Me thinking they were different rockets lol. Trying to hard sometimes to appeal to new people and give basic understanding of the game that you end up tripping yourself up. Always looking to improve though, haven't been in the booth since Xgames and you have two analysts trying to incorporate play by play. Honestly I think play by play is useless commentary but it seems to be what people like. I am always trying to improve and always appreciate constructive criticism. First time on team beyond forums

only speaking for myself, pxp is generally not great casting in halo just because the kills happen so fast and often that it just becomes noise. Just really looking ahead to things like powerups and weapons and keep us locked in on obj is really the important things. Obviously multikills and sprees are hype and deserve being called out.

My only other (hopefully constructive) criticism is just really be judicious with the 3rd person. I liked it when you were showing map positions with outlines in stalemates and on flag runs, but thats really the extent of it. Missing people using power weapons is kind of a bummer (see royal2 over).

thats the thing, EG always brings it when they need to. they are still the clear 2nd best team even if they drop a scrim every now and then. nothing i've seen challenges this opinion.

To be fair, they didn't show up at Regionals against CLG, Worlds against RNG, Worlds against CLG, and now again in the preview tourney against CLG. 

And by show up, I mean not get swept, which they have in all of those matches, minus RNG which they should have won. 

I do grind the game and no excuse made like 2 big mistakes among many others, one of which was the rockets. Other mistakes sometimes are better to just move on and not address. The number of missed rockets those games just added to

Me thinking they were different rockets lol. Trying to hard sometimes to appeal to new people and give basic understanding of the game that you end up tripping yourself up. Always looking to improve though, haven't been in the booth since Xgames and you have two analysts trying to incorporate play by play. Honestly I think play by play is useless commentary but it seems to be what people like. I am always trying to improve and always appreciate constructive criticism. First time on team beyond forums

Thanks for this post. I'm sure your open to criticism and was just caught off guard that your first post was super sarcastic. Welcome to the forums, regardless.

In regards to casting we all thought you were pretty awesome last night. In fact, I agree with you that play-by-play isn't very useful (at least in the manner that HCS currently approaches it. However, Strongside is not an analyst caster. I wish he was, I've been saying that since H2A, but he has failed to deliver deep insight into the game, especially in H5 which is a game that he worked on. At this point his best bet would be to focus on PBP because that is what he always seems to slip into when casting.

the best part is how cratos is nearest to the trigger, symbolizing how he triggers beyond on a regular basis

Uhhhhhh....

That's Huke, Cratos is at the bottom....

Who all is living at the EG team house? Just Eric and towey?

I'm pretty sure suspector is moving in as well. I think RoyBox is gonna play at the house sometimes.

First off, welcome! Loved both the Str8 rosters & Instinct roster you were on. :)

I'd say never focus on trying to explain the game to the viewer unless something just recently changed, right now you could list some of the biggest changes to maps that are going to be played(don't bring the changes up too much, though).

And most people on here (at least) afaik aren't the biggest fans of pbp, focus on analysing and only pbp multi-kills, good plays, etc. Like CS casting, but obviously with more analysis.

Is EU not being casted today? This may have been mentioned already but I missed it if so

Nope. They're only broadcasting 1 day of EU each week.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nope. They're only broadcasting 1 day of EU each week.

Wow, really? Why?

I thought it was just first week where they only casted 1 day. 

That's so lame.

Who all is living at the EG team house? Just Eric and towey?

Eric & Towey to start, Suspector will join soon, Roybox will be there during pro league matches. afaik.