CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Without a doubt, there needs to be someone else controlling the camera for the casters. This may sound stupid, but to have to focus on switching cameras while casting seems to be difficult for a lot of people. Taking that away from the casters may benefit the casters greatly.

I can see how having the casters control the cameras can be beneficial, mainly in terms of speed of switching to someone making a big play. I remember watching MLG tournaments where Puckett would say something like "Looks like Roy has the sniper now, if we can switch to him... I believe we're trying to switch to Roy now... Looks like - oh ok here's Roy!" But yes, I agree that having everything fall onto the casters' shoulders can be a bit stressful for them. And it probably sucks when they check the forums and see all of us slamming them for missed camera angles or messing up on a word.

In terms of the camera controls though, it would be GREAT if Halo added a camera angle to show an overhead view of the map, with player indicators to see where they are currently heading on the map (similar to CS:GO and COD). That way, if a player is flanking, it would be incredibly easy to put the graphic on screen quick to show where the player is in relation to the rest of his team and the competition.

I just think at this point, 343 needs to flat out copy CoD or CS:GO spectator modes.

I really do just hate talking about what needs to improve though. I think 343 and ESL have done a lot of stuff right with their broadcasts. It's a great quality stream, the new stream overlay is fantastic, and I have nothing to complain about for 95% of the stream. Whatever, SS said brute pistol instead of brute plasma, that doesn't bother me at all. At the end of the day, I'm just happy that we get to see top tier matches being broadcasted regularly, instead of 1 weekend every 2 months like back in the day. I just wish we had developer support from Bungie back in the day like we do from 343 today. Halo tournaments would have been insane!

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm irrationally bothered by RNG doing well just because I'm sure it makes the Power Rankers feel smug.

Same. Guess their #Slump is over  :wutface:

Hoping that ALG surprises tonight though. All 3 games lost to nV were very close... 

I did like how SS got hyped at certain events that needed to be hyped. I still miss, "WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!" @@GoldenboyFTW because we all know that's what they say in the hood (beside You do you boo). Having a little excitment and hype really helps a casual audience get into the action.

• Upvote (+1) 1

He probably doesn't even play the game anymore, give a guy a break 2 weeks to learn some weapon placements is not enough.

Got matched with him a few days ago and partied up with him for a couple hours (I was 2200 Onyx at the end of last season for reference) - he was calling out, seemed into the games, and was even directing us on what to do occasionally. He still plays.

As an old school fanboy I thought it was awesome that he partied up with some randoms btw, it was cool to play with him.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How do we know that @@Elamite was being sarcastic, guys? I understand you could read it that way, but just assuming it makes everyone here kind of look immature in angrily responding to something that easily could've been Elamite legitimately describing why they made the mistakes they made, not excusing their mistakes. Let's wait until @@Elamite posts again to clarify before crucifying the man. He's not Cratos ffs, he's usually a pretty likeable guy.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I bet they already forgot but some people gave me a hard time just for thinking Online Warriors would do good against XMEN, but I'm happy Online Warriors proved them wrong.  :mj:

Also real happy for my boys on infused.  :weback:

I did not forget. I was one of those people. Do with me what you will

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

• RNG as a team outplayed E6 pretty convincingly. E6 seem to have days where they over-slay and not prioritize the objective as much as they would like too. RNG have a serious problem closing out SH games, but I think this is easily fixable if they just go over the last moments of the SH games through theater to figure out how to close games out a lot easier.

I think a lot of this has to do with RNGs always going for the triple cap. most teams are content with 2 until the opportunity presents itself to grab a 3rd, but RNG constantly puts pressure on capping all 3. sometimes this works, usually it doesnt leading to the other team raking up points between successes. /walshy

:walshy:

How do we know that @@Elamite was being sarcastic, guys? I understand you could read it that way, but just assuming it makes everyone here kind of look immature in angrily responding to something that easily could've been Elamite legitimately describing why they made the mistakes they made, not excusing their mistakes. Let's wait until @@Elamite posts again to clarify before crucifying the man. He's not Cratos ffs, he's usually a pretty likeable guy.

If that wasn't his intention, than I apologize but it came across as pointless sarcasm to what was an issue I found with his and Side's casting.

Thoroughly enjoyed what I saw last night. My favorite thing and what I was most impressed with was the player interviews immediately following the match (aside from victory's mic). I thought it was seamless...

Now I come to read the forums and find out I should have been disappointed! D:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I am just pleased that Elamite and StrongSide have been "active" today. Hopefully they are reading the messages, and taking the suggestions of some community members. I think it would be encouraging to see that. 

Wonderboy is great. Was watching his stream and he said that he really appreciated our feedback and it helped him improve as a caster. Gotta love the EU casting crew's dedication to getting it right!

• Upvote (+1) 1

i really enjoy the 3rd person camera. obviously not when its pointed at a wall, or with a player using the sniper, but in many other cases it makes for better viewing IMO. i'd also like to see a few map view camera angles to see team movement. Not sure what maps this would work best for angles and being able to get the camera out far enough, but i think it would be cool to see starting strategies and stalemates from a "whole map" view.

Same. Guess their #Slump is over  :wutface:

Hoping that ALG surprises tonight though. All 3 games lost to nV were very close...

Yeah that series was closer than the score made it seem. Crazy how nV have 3-0'd E6 and ALG in the past 3 or so days though. Are they as good as their recent results would have it seem?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah that series was closer than the score made it seem. Crazy how nV have 3-0'd E6 and ALG in the past 3 or so days though. Are they as good as their recent results would have it seem?

Seems like it. They've been scrimming a lot more and have been closing games out.

It just feels like Strongside is nervous af every time he's on stream. And that's what's causing him to stumble his words and say strange things.

He could try drinking some tea before stream, that might help calm his nerves a bit.

nah he just needs a little bit of that Optic Water :kappa:

Today's the first day of Open Cups for the Challenger League with today's cup being a Pre-Season Cup for seeding. Since I'm bored at work, I decided to make a list of the top teams people should probably be looking out for. (Note: Since people get really touchy about AMs, these are obviously my opinion, sorry if I left you out). 

• Elevate (Dan, Falcated, Heinz, Randa)
  • Frauds in Atlanta (Burton, Exemplify, Psylince, SickStory)
  • French Toast Mafia (Gab, Musa, Rammy, Xrossfade)
  • Only Good Online (Chaser, Monnstcr, Munoz, Prototype)
  • Torment (Eccentrik, NYSea, CTC, Turley)
  • Upvote (+1) 5

Today's the first day of Open Cups for the Challenger League with today's cup being a Pre-Season Cup for seeding. Since I'm bored at work, I decided to make a list of the top teams people should probably be looking out for. (Note: Since people get really touchy about AMs, these are obviously my opinion, sorry if I left you out). 

When did Carlos leave French Toast Mafia? 

I like Elevate, FTM, and OGO.

Haven't seen enough of the others to make judgment

Is Cpt Anarchy on a team?

This is going on during the Pro League Matches today?

Might just be me...but is that the smartest idea to have Pro League and AM Placements going at the same time?

I think I read somewhere that it's only a one week deal. The following weeks will take place on Saturday and Sunday only.
  • Upvote (+1) 1