CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So it looks like the top 3 people from each series are 3 of my fantasy picks. Now I just need Spartan to go off and I'm the god of fantasy league

• Upvote (+1) 3

Oh wow. Are we not allowed to talk about prescription drug abuse?

That's seems like an irresponsible topic to sweep under the rug.

We don't mind the discussion, but don't randomly throw blanket statements and accuse players like that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

ESL for CS because a player publicly came out and said that his whole team was on it because he was salty he got dropped. Think they do it for LoL too.

Hmm

I wonder if 343 would ever bother with it.

The whole adderal thing gets blown way out of proportion. Granted I stopped going to tournaments after Reach, but during my time in H3 and Reach, there was only a handful of actual people who took adderal to play better, and most of them were fucking losers. People act like the shit is NZT from Limitless. It doesn't automatically make you a better Halo player or give you tunnel vision, etc. The players are naturally good players, who take the time and effort to improve every aspect of their game. That's why they are pros. The drug abuse excuse is a cop-out for players who aren't as good and want to justify why others are better than them. Plain and simple.

• Upvote (+1) 6

The whole adderal thing gets blown way out of proportion. Granted I stopped going to tournaments after Reach, but during my time in H3 and Reach, there was only a handful of actual people who took adderal to play better, and most of them were fucking losers. People act like the shit is NZT from Limitless. It doesn't automatically make you a better Halo player or give you tunnel vision, etc. The players are naturally good players, who take the time and effort to improve every aspect of their game. That's why they are pros. The drug abuse excuse is a cop-out for players who aren't as good and want to justify why others are better than them. Plain and simple.

God you're so smart Frankie.

p.s i miss you

• Upvote (+1) 1

We don't mind the discussion, but don't randomly throw blanket statements and accuse players like that.

I'm sorry you took it that way but I wasn't accusing anyone.

I laughed at the twitch chat. Then asked a question. I never accused Snakebite but I can see why it may have seemed that way.

Takeaways from the night @@Timo (I assume you are the best person to tag):

• Strongside still needs major improvements and is struggling. Both the information and delivery of his casting is extremely subpar, which is frightening if he has been brought out to Burbank as a permanent caster.
  • Elamite is pretty solid (relative to our other caster talent pool) and could improve more with time, especially if paired with a better caster. He also should just go deeper into the game and analyze things more in-depth and slow down his casting.
  • Third Person got a ton of flak but is not the problem. It should be utilized exclusively for Flag Runs and Stalemates, not randomly during a match
  • Outlines are good and should be on 90% of the time. It's an opinion obviously but with the correct casters it is such a powerful tool that is important for eSports spectating.
  • Overlay, Replays, and Broadcast quality are all very good.

I have been criticizing his work respectfully since H2A and he seems to have put no effort in to improving or acknowledged the criticism in any fashion.

@@TheSimms is a person that has taken in feedback and completely overhauled his entire delivery. So much respect to him and others like @@GoldenboyFTW.

Idk about you guys, but I could always go for some more "THIS. IS. HALOOOOOOOOO" in my life. :kappa: But for real though, Simms has put in so much work, it's incredible. Same with Goldenboy, although I thought he was good to begin with.

So now that the players can veto maps Empire doesn't show up in a single series tonight. Maybe take a hint 343?

• Upvote (+1) 4

People used to say the same things about steroids.

This topic should never be taken as lightly as you're taking it.

Whoever was controlling the 3rd person point of view was the problem. Nobody should ever need to tell you to look at the action. Its a mistake that doesn't make any sense to make. The choice of when to use it was bad too. This is not even trolling or trying to hurt feelings. It was just a very poor job in every regard.

I think they are using 3rd person fine right now. Flag runs, AR fights, power weapons (besides snipe), are all fine times for 3rd person.

God you're so smart Frankie.

p.s i miss you

I'm getting married in a year and I would kill for you to come and bring Sammy as your +1. And grow your hair back out.

Congrats on the games today, btw. Love seeing friends succeed in this game.

The EU casting was great. Abd the switching was on point.

Then you get to NA and SS is still in struggle mode. Smh

• Upvote (+1) 2

Anymore excuses for EG people?

Who's making excuses for EG?

They don't play anymore, they're not good

Anymore excuses for EG people?

EG is a joke. They're my favorite team but it is very obvious they don't care at all. They aren't the only team that has members work or go to school. That's a shitty excuse and the only reason they don't practice is because they don't care.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

EG is a joke. They're my favorite team but it is very obvious they don't care at all. They aren't the only team that has members work or go to school. That's a shitty excuse and the only reason they don't practice is because they don't care.

Yup

You can tell Roy and Lunch don't have the drive to play everyday and keep up w/ CLG or even Liquid now...

• Downvote (-1) 1

A 3 person casting desk is definitely needed, watching the preview tournament and EU pro league was great with 3 people.

• Upvote (+1) 3