CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

lol @ proleague viewership. Definitely expected more than 5-6k average considering it's the first day...

And who the hell thought switching to 3rd person over and over again was a good idea?

regarding the 3rd person view - i really liked when they used it on fathom when someone on RNG had a huge flank. it was cool because it showed how good of a flank it was. they definitely have to use it in moderation though. also, i am undecided on player outlines. i thought it was awesome seeing victory x basically spawn predict on the rig (couldnt see this player intelligence without outlines). on the other hand, outlines kind of ruins the suspense of not knowing where players are and takes away from any 1v1 pistol battles

I seriously think it would be better for viewership all around if players streamed their games in ADDITION to the official stream.

I don't understand why it should be viewed as a conflict of interests.

greenwall hasn't played

I value consistent average viewership numbers (aka the 5-6k) much more than artificially increased peaks in the viewership by OpTic fans that will only stick around for 1 optic series. Either way, the cod team is playing in the CWL right now so that'll have an impact on the optic juice.

Highly doubt the NBA Finals are impacting viewership enough to be considered to be honest. We'll see later in the pro league. 

Well it is going head to head with game 1 of the NBA finals.

www.halo.gg should have the stream front and centre of the page like lolesports does.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I value consistent average viewership numbers (aka the 5-6k) much more than artificially increased peaks in the viewership by OpTic fans that will only stick around for 1 optic series. 

'artificially increased peaks'

are you suggesting green wall view bots? not sure i understand  :thinking: 

• Upvote (+1) 1

www.halo.gg should have the stream front and centre of the page like lolesports does.

It might also help if it was put front page on Twitch. I know Halo doesn't have total control over that, but I bet it could try to throw that Microsoft weight around.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I don't think anybody will beat the Pucket + Ghost casting combo. Just effortless back and forth and banter.

We really need Ghost w/ this Elamite and Strongside duo. He's such a good analyst and so charismatic, which is badly needed right now.

• Upvote (+1) 5

So I was already hype for Pro League start but that increased by about 5000% with aPG subbing on Optic. Let's go

• Upvote (+1) 1

'artificially increased peaks'

are you suggesting green wall view bots? not sure i understand  :thinking:

I worded that a bit odd, I mean artificially in the sense that it isn't really Halo viewership as much as it is OpTic viewership, because none of those viewers stick around after the game. the 5/6k represent the halo scene, and that number won't increase after the optic match is done. Only "artificially" peak during the optic match.

I must be the only person that really doesn't mind 3rd person in certain situations.

I couldn't care less. I'm just happy to be watching pro Halo games.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Friday night, no major sport events, no major CoD match, tomorrow will be a better day for Viewership.

Not to mention we need more entertaining casters. EU casting is far superior to NA's.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Closest 3-0 I've ever seen

• Upvote (+1) 1

NV really impressive today. Also, really like Strongside but these last few castings have been brutal. Let's get Walshy instead with Elamite.

Even though it was a 3-0, that series was fantastic. All such close games. Happy to see NV playing well!

• Upvote (+1) 1

pistola always gives the best interviews.  very smooth and confident.  a lot of people seem kind of nervous, i know i would be.  its always nice seeing how comfortable pistola seems

• Upvote (+1) 4

I don't think anybody will beat the Pucket + Ghost casting combo. Just effortless back and forth and banter.

We really need Ghost w/ this Elamite and Strongside duo. He's such a good analyst and so charismatic, which is badly needed right now.

Ghost is awesome, he just gets so much hate for his hat which is irrelevant.

• Upvote (+1) 4