CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I get what some amateur players are complaining about, but again you guys are a lot luckier than past years in Halo 1-3. You didn't have online tourneys for the most part, you had to travel to another state (for the most part) and pay out of pocket for hotel, team passes, etc. Then you played with 3 other people and pray they didn't shit the bed on split-screen or LAN to make it to Top 32.

this ... cannot believe people complaining about a weekend qualifier, what do you expect them to do, have it on a Wednesday at 2 p.m.?  seriously?  it would be nice if it was 1.5 days or whatever, sure, but it's waaaaaay easier to break into the pro scene now than it ever has been

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Can we get a Challenger Series Thread separately?.

Also Reality Check won't Be attending the Cup this weekend, We had our 4th (RealisedG) left and Idk what Sneaky Bran is doing but Im going on vacation from june 2nd- june 14th to visit family in Nashville for my birthday. 

Suddoth 1 Also works Saturdays but has off sundays so He wont be able to play unless we are top 8 and get a bye into Sunday. 

This timing really sucks because this weekend you have to play Friday to seed, saturday and sunday, Not to mention its still single Elimination. which sucks if you have a bad seed or play someone decent early. especially best of 3 gametypes. its such a joke. 

anyone with a life and job cant afford to take off work every weekend unless their job does't care or they work m-f.

seriously If 343 wants more people to play in their league they need change because i feel like its been the same joke for the past 3 years. Now we dont even have LAN events unless your top 8. and "qualify" to attend LAN events. 

I perform better on LAN. I suck online. especially with these un-consistent dedicated servers and playing west coast players being on the east coast is horrible.

RANT OUT.

have fun this weekend everyone. ill be in touch. 

I seriously hate when people say "Playing west coast players being on the east coast is horrible" the majority of players are from the east coast and for YEARS west coast has played on east coast host. not a valid excuse imo, may not be that big of a deal but that comment is just the woat to me 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

god those were those days, i spent way too much fucking money for a 15-18 year old kid.

my parents helped a lot too though

I'm in your shoes now. Today I turn 17. What do I do?

Outlines are good. The pros outweigh the cons in my opinion.

Strongside + Elamite is an actual good combo, Side is starting to fit into the play by play role much more efficiently. He still needs to improve his composure and articulation/fluidity but having Elamite as a calm voice by his side is helping tons.

He just needs more time. Walshy's got me used to a bit of word trippin.

I'll be sure to PM you all my bad jokes for permission before I submit them here.

I'm holding you up to that.

I seriously hate when people say "Playing west coast players being on the east coast is horrible" the majority of players are from the east coast and for YEARS west coast has played on east coast host. not a valid excuse imo, may not be that big of a deal but that comment is just the woat to me 

Just because it sucks for west coast players doesn't make it okay that it sucks for east coast players too. Its a shitty situation both ways and idk how that even made it into his post but, lol, come on. 

Do they not make the players wait for the stream to be ready? It's literally the first match of the pro league and we've already missed a map

inb4 this sudd thing becomes a circlejerk about his lack of high placings when the original post he made had good points about the open circuit format

• Upvote (+1) 8

Really though they need to have players stream. Its terrible if we're going to be watching theater and missing games. That is not good for Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Should not be possible to miss a game. Very worrying. Lack of communication.

I get what some amateur players are complaining about, but again you guys are a lot luckier than past years in Halo 1-3. You didn't have online tourneys for the most part, you had to travel to another state (for the most part) and pay out of pocket for hotel, team passes, etc. Then you played with 3 other people and pray they didn't shit the bed on split-screen or LAN to make it to Top 32.

And 256 teams did it every time.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Honestly embarrassing to already have a production screw up.  IMO, these games shouldn't even be played live but that's another discussion.  Really disappointed 

Not making the Excuse but you know its bad when 4 west coast players with host play 4 on the east coast. its frustrating, dedicated servers still are in the similar situation if the server is once sided. 

in h2a we had to play eX every weekend and the teams were pretty even but the host killed us. I don't understand why we cant manually choose a server at least for tournaments.