CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Surprised the hcs pro league  site already has a picture of APG in OpTic jersey,guess they planned on picking him up awhile ago. 

Graphic designer for 343 with some amount of skill or OpTic graphic designer has some skill - take your pick

• Upvote (+1) 3

Can't multi quote as I'm on mobile but I massively appreciate all the feedback given, all points raised so far have been incredibly valid. Can always count on beyond to give top drawer feedback, love ya guys

• Upvote (+1) 9

Honestly kinda feels like you're berating him just because he's a Suddoth. He raises some valid points. If T2 had said this, you probably wouldn't have made this post. Just calling it like I see it

Also, gotta say, making any aspiring Am play all day for all 3 days of the weekend is pretty ridiculous. The format automatically cuts out anybody who wants to compete but works on the weekend (or Friday even). The top challenger teams are gonna end up being comprised of more 13 year olds who just have less responsibilities than the actual players who deserve it. (I know that statement is hyperbolic, pls don't kill me on it because it's not the crux of my argument)

The Top AMs literally only have to play one 16-team tournament a week.

Don't know where you are getting three days from other than the first set of tourneys this weekend.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly kinda feels like you're berating him just because he's a Suddoth. He raises some valid points. If T2 had said this, you probably wouldn't have made this post. Just calling it like I see it

Also, gotta say, making any aspiring Am play all day for all 3 days of the weekend is pretty ridiculous. The format automatically cuts out anybody who wants to compete but works on the weekend (or Friday even). The top challenger teams are gonna end up being comprised of more 13 year olds who just have less responsibilities than the actual players who deserve it. (I know that statement is hyperbolic, pls don't kill me on it because it's not the crux of my argument)

Like it or not more respected players opinions hold more weight than AMs. Especially AMs who have had a lot bigger negative impact on the Halo community than a positive one. So yes, T2 posting would hold more weight, but then again the argument can be made T2 wouldn't have made that same post. If you have gripes about the way tournaments or a league is run, you present your argument in a way that doesn't come off as someone whining because scheduling didnt work out in your favor.

And Friday-Saturday-Sunday thing is only for this weekend. Every weekend after this is only Saturday-Sunday, and only Sunday for the Top 8 from the previous week.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

bpRGfHr.png

So close. 

What am I looking at?

• Upvote (+1) 2

The Top AMs literally only have to play one 16-team tournament a week.

Don't know where you are getting three days from other than the first set of tourneys this weekend.

Isn't it two for most AMs though? Two days out of the weekend as an amateur player is also a bit ridiculous. The format should encourage amateurs to compete and make it convenient for them to do so.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Like it or not more respected players opinions hold more weight than AMs. Especially AMs who have had a lot bigger negative impact on the Halo community than a positive one. So yes, T2 posting would hold more weight, but then again the argument can be made T2 wouldn't have made that same post. If you have gripes about the way tournaments or a league is run, you present your argument in a way that doesn't come off as someone whining because scheduling didnt work out in your favor.

how have the sudds had a negative impact on the community other than annoying you?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Isn't it two for most AMs though? Two days out of the weekend as an amateur player is also a bit ridiculous.

I disagree. The top AM players obviously want to become pros, so why is it too much to ask them to set aside 2 nights per week to do something they clearly enjoy? At least it's on the weekend to accomodate more schedules. And while I understand that most AM players don't have a regular M-F 9-5 job, how else would they set these tournaments up?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is it the bi-monthly bash the sudds event?

I've got my popcorn ready for what I'm sure will be a thrilling conversation.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The simple fact is  you can't please everyone with scheduling. I'd argue weekends are the best because most poeple work weekdays. If it were the other way around we'd have even more complaints from people wondering why it was in the middle of the week.

Chad makes way more valid points. Do you really think people wanna watch a bunch of AM's play LAN events? They'd lose out on a shit tonne of money.

All that post was was a rant and nothing more. No logical thinking went into it. Wah wah wah LAN > online.

No shit, but in this day and age it's just not a very good option. Deal with it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Disclaimer: I put on my old optic jersey to channel my inner maniac for this post. Don't try this at home kids.

---

The current Halo esports format is anti-AM.

Life is kind of anti-AM if you think about it...

• Upvote (+1) 2

Really enjoyed today's cast and the new settings are so refreshing. Would love to stay up and watch the NA stuff but need my shut eye so will have to catch up on a rebroadcast. X men need to answer a dominant performance from the online warriors! As usual any feedback welcome from the cast but as I said personally was one of the most enjoyable casts I've had to date. Harry and Rich are two great friends and I hope this shows on screen.

I'm anxiously awaiting the day they dress Richard as Ron, Harry as... Harry and you as Hermione. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I get what some amateur players are complaining about, but again you guys are a lot luckier than past years in Halo 1-3. You didn't have online tourneys for the most part, you had to travel to another state (for the most part) and pay out of pocket for hotel, team passes, etc. Then you played with 3 other people and pray they didn't shit the bed on split-screen or LAN to make it to Top 32.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Isn't it two for most AMs though? Two days out of the weekend as an amateur player is also a bit ridiculous. The format should encourage amateurs to compete and make it convenient for them to do so.

Well then if you argue for one day tournaments then you are shafting AMs who will just get unluckily seeded and eliminated against the Top 8.

Top AMs who have put in the work to become a Challenger play on Sundays, newbies play on Saturdays. If they make it out of Saturday's then they earn the chance to become Top 8 and get the easier schedule.

This is the format we used for Season 2 and it worked fairly well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I get what some amateur players are complaining about, but again you guys are a lot luckier than past years in Halo 1-3. You didn't have online tourneys for the most part, you had to travel to another state (for the most part) and pay out of pocket for hotel, team passes, etc. Then you played with 3 other people and pray they didn't shit the bed on split-screen or LAN to make it to Top 32.

god those were those days, i spent way too much fucking money for a 15-18 year old kid.

my parents helped a lot too though

• Upvote (+1) 9

To anyone who watched the Europe broadcast today:

Thanks a bunch for watching! I'd like comments & criticism particularly on my cast/role on the commentary team; I'm being brought in primarily to give more match context (stuff such as scrim scores & gametype win-loss ratios) and want to hear some feedback.

Fire away, be as brutal and honest as possible (yes I need a tan, no my beard is not shit)

The incite on the scrims was particularly vital. I haven't been following EU at all, but you helped me feel up to speed. Great job from the entire broadcast team.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was just about to make this point. It costs nothing for players to participate in tournaments now and get recognized. Paying for tournaments was the WORST, especially when dealing with shady teammates who told you they would pay you your part of the team pass at the event, go massively negative on LAN, then disappear for the remainder of the weekend. Which would happen to at least one person that I knew at every single event.

Count your blessings, people. I understand Sudd brings up frustrating points for AM players, but it's better this way in my opinion.

• Upvote (+1) 2