CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Everything comes down to Commonly needing to be more aggressive*

#EverythingIsHamysFault #LifeisHam #BetterwithOla #HamyWasAnInsideJob

Maybe if Eg scrimmed more they would crowd fund. I blame Snipedown.

I'm writing down everyone if this guy's posts and I'm going to make a Bible of some kind

• Upvote (+1) 2

I would be happy if empire holds got vetod every time.

I assume that the only time Empire Strongholds doesn't get vetoed is by a team that is clearly "underdog" in the series. It's so random that a team playing like shit can spartan charge their way to victory. 

Other than that, I can't see teams wanting to leave much up to chance too often.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I assume that the only time Empire Strongholds doesn't get vetoed is by a team that is clearly "underdog" in the series. It's so random that a team playing like shit can spartan charge their way to victory.

Other than that, I can't see teams wanting to leave much up to chance too often.

I definitely see CLG vetoing Empire, the less randomness they face the more likely they are to win. Just like Regret TS, Empire SH can be won by one team getting lucky once or twice and just running away with the entire game.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

sorry that we fucked up dude, it was 100% an accident and something that will never happen again on the website

my bad <4

hey thats ok man, just wanted to make sure it wasn't on my end

• Upvote (+1) 1

Quick question: how does veto work in a tournament setting?

Is the format randomized, then teams alternate deciding if they want the upcoming map or not?

Quick shout out to @@Batchford, we spent a good 4 hours today going over map starts/nerdy plays/power positions/meta and other stuff.

Hoping it comes across in tomorrow's cast!

Nice, you are practicing more than some of these pro league teams.  I cant wait to see the cast tomorrow!

• Upvote (+1) 1

relegation is online

and online matters

Relegation/Promotion will be offline from what I've been told.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Relegation/Promotion will be offline from what I've been told.

that would be pretty hype

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm curious who the Broadcast Talent will be for NA considering the stream is coming from Burbank. I assumed 343 would stream it using talent like Brav/Side/Ghost but it'll be interesting to see who is commentating the matches.

• Upvote (+1) 2

What exactly would the point of the pro league be if they used this system?

CLG could literally skip every single pro league match and then turn up at the finals tournament and win. It would defeat the purpose of the pro league. 

Fine by me. As far as I'm concerned, league matches are just something to kill time while nothing else is going on. I can't consider online games to be an accurate representation of a team's skill. When was the last time you watched a scrim where nobody was teleporting, eating shots, or getting mysterious input lag? These things change the outcome of games.

TL;DR - Double elim after pro league would defeat the entire purpose of pro league. Double elim should be for TOURNAMENTS only.

Ok then, put the bottom two teams straight into losers bracket. Top two teams get a first round bye. That way pro league matters but the two teams that suck the most online have a tiny bit of hope to defend themselves on LAN.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5

that would be pretty hype

I'm pretty sure in the initial Pro League details 343 said that the promotion and relegation matches would take place at the season finals.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Fine by me. As far as I'm concerned, league matches are just something to kill time while nothing else is going on. I can't consider online games to be an accurate representation of a team's skill. When was the last time you watched a scrim where nobody was teleporting, eating shots, or getting mysterious input lag? These things change the outcome of games.

Ok then, put the bottom two teams straight into losers bracket. Top two teams get a first round bye. That way pro league matters but the two teams that suck the most online have a tiny bit of hope to defend themselves on LAN.

I disagree.

That would basically mean that league matches would barely be more important than scrims. Nobody would take them seriously.

I'd rather have multiple exciting and important matches every single week than just one big tournament.

I admit that it might not give a perfect representation of the order of the best teams but I think it'll make the league far more exciting to watch. Having only the top 4 go to the finals means that we'll have two interesting fights happening throughout the league. The fight for 4th to go to finals and the fight for 6th to avoid relegation.

Doesn't need to be double elim, because the season performance establishes tournament seeding. Want a better chance at making it through the bracket, win your reg season games.

That said, they SHOULD have had the top 6 make the playoffs, with top 2 getting 1st round byes while teams 3-6 play in a wild card round.

Just having two teams sitting around twiddling their thumbs is silly. Nearly Every team in the league is going to be playing for something meaningful on LAN, while 5 and 6 are sitting at home!

Why do people keep asking for more teams in Pro League? I don't think the point is to reduce the talent pool outside of pro league until no team will ever actually fall out of it. Good players are supposed to miss the cut.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Well, here's the good news:

This a great first attempt at a Pro League for Halo.

With team skins coming, a decent prize pool, and plenty of talent for a good challenger league, I think we're set.

Of course, there's some bad things we should offer our feedback on to the proper people @@Vivi @@Tashi

- More teams next season (8 -> 10)

- More teams at finals (4 -> 8 )

- 7 game series, rather than 5 because Halo 5 series are extremely fast

- Crowd funding for Pro League prize pools. Even if it's not as big of a percentage as Worlds funding, any funding is good for players and for publicity. It keeps people playing and buying HCS related REQs. 

- More gametypes for future seasons (Assault, Oddball). 

- REQ gambling on Pro League matches?

- In game event viewer/betting system?

Of course, the last couple are more geared towards 343/HCS team than ESL, but still, the point stands.

Regardless, I'm excited and I cant wait for tomorrow, even if EG doesn't make the playoffs, I'll watch every game and enjoy every bit of it with the biggest grin on my happy fucking face.

:fire:

The amount of problems caused through betting/gambling would be far greater than the little extra it adds to watching matches for some individuals.

i don't think halo will ever have gambling so long as its rated T 

and i like halo being rated T

• Upvote (+1) 1

The amount of problems caused through betting/gambling would be far greater than the little extra it adds to watching matches for some individuals.

What problems could be caused by REQ gambling?

FUCK I dropped 13 spots to 34th in this week's fantasy.

It's alright, just registered on the site and ready for the next round :intensifies:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Well, here's the good news:

This a great first attempt at a Pro League for Halo.

With team skins coming, a decent prize pool, and plenty of talent for a good challenger league, I think we're set.

Of course, there's some bad things we should offer our feedback on to the proper people @@Vivi @@Tashi

- More teams next season (8 -> 10)

- More teams at finals (4 -> 8 )

- 7 game series, rather than 5 because Halo 5 series are extremely fast

- Crowd funding for Pro League prize pools. Even if it's not as big of a percentage as Worlds funding, any funding is good for players and for publicity. It keeps people playing and buying HCS related REQs. 

- More gametypes for future seasons (Assault, Oddball). 

- REQ gambling on Pro League matches?

- In game event viewer/betting system?

Of course, the last couple are more geared towards 343/HCS team than ESL, but still, the point stands.

Regardless, I'm excited and I cant wait for tomorrow, even if EG doesn't make the playoffs, I'll watch every game and enjoy every bit of it with the biggest grin on my happy fucking face.

:fire:

Wouldn't mind a good 8 man league for EU.

Can name same teams in challenger that would be good matchups in Pro League (Havoc, VexZeus, Anima, Septic for example)

Means more matches and more chances for storylines to develop as the league progresses.

beyond kids using mommy's credit card on gold packs after blowing all their RP betting on Optic to win a game, I don't see what problems would arise.