CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Nah. How do you know Naded wanted to leave before LQC? What could possibly be in it for him? He's turning down a massive opportunity to build his fanbase, and a (small) shot at season 1 HCS title. There's nothing for him to gain professionally from this move.

He literally just said he didn't really feel it once Flamesword retired. And Flame went out way befre the LCQ. So this was something that was on his mind right after PAX.

things were not going the way I thought it would with the team as far as practice is concerned but I still stayed strong and practiced hard everyday. During this time I felt the two big problems with our team: 1. We didn't really practice as much as I thought we would as a team. 2. I felt the chemistry just wasn't there in game or out of game for me, which I am sure many people including my teammates would agree with.

That is a little of the reasoning to why I have decided it will be best to step down from competing this season so they can pick up another 4th that better fits them .... this is just a decision I felt would not only be best for me but best for the team as well.

I'm SO incredibly happy I was able to help OpTic get a Pro League spot. 

I dont really care about the outcome of the whole situation and you guys can paint whatever picture you want, but read between the lines and even watch some of the scrim before he rage quit.

https://www.twitch.tv/acetv/v/69008672

But if were gonna have rules that arent gonna be enforced, we might as well all just learn how to ddos right?

(plz dont neg bomb, all i have left is my rep bar)

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 3

OT but what happened to @Cursed Lemon's Top Beyond Post? He had a post with 211 upvotes (still the most upvotes on Beyond of all time).

If you go to check the Highest rep posts now, it's been deleted?

http://teambeyond.net/forum/best-content/

*Edit* It just came back. That was weird af.

Huh, I've never read this before. Always cool to see @@Cursed Lemon's opinions (watching his videos was the first time I learned that not everyone has a hard-on for Halo 2), but it's neat to see how much the attitude towards a lot of these things have changed in the past 18 months. Maybe it was because Halo 5 (arguably) plays a lot better than we expected with sprint and the other abilities, maybe it's because they're actually working towards competitive Halo again and people are grateful for at least that progress. 

OT but I have been wondering about this for a while now, but why does halo have a rift between the competitive and the casual community that is so much larger than other eSports? Browsing various gaming subreddits really puts an emphasis on this point.

Maybe it was because Halo 5 (arguably) plays a lot better than we expected with sprint and the other abilities, maybe it's because they're actually working towards competitive Halo again and people are grateful for at least that progress. 

Both

He literally just said he didn't really feel it once Flamesword retired. And Flame went out way befre the LCQ. So this was something that was on his mind right after PAX.

Ok I think there as difference between being disillusioned early on and actually "planning" to leave before the LQC.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Let's see if this #content tweet gets deleted  :wutface:  :kappa:

Well if the tweet i posted did i see no reason why this one shouldnt.

lol

OT but I have been wondering about this for a while now, but why does halo have a rift between the competitive and the casual community that is so much larger than other eSports? Browsing various gaming subreddits really puts an emphasis on this point.

What other esports have a casual community? League, CS, Dota, and most others are almost exclusively competitive games. The only real comparable is Call of Duty, which seems to have the same kind of casual/competitive rift that Halo has.

Noooo! I think I followed the rules, or I hope I did.

I tried at least....

Good work dude. Keep it up.  :walshy: /\  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hey guys and gals,

Pretty excited to be able to tell everybody this finally. I'm thrilled to say I've joined the Counter Logic Gaming written content team:). I'll be working with the organization to create some killer content that spans across all of their current titles. I'm looking forward to working with their players and teams to create some pieces that bridge the divide between the professional and amateur communities. That being said, one of my primary focuses will remain in the realm of Halo eSports. I'm really stoked for this opportunity and I cant wait to start getting back on the content grind.

For those wondering, this is a large reason I've not had any new content released lately as I've been trying to pursue and secure this role. But on the topic of new content...I'd like to show you guys Episode One of the HCS Report. During this episode I wanted to focus primarily on recapping how the current 8 teams gained their way into The Halo Pro League.

https://youtu.be/oROIWKGWvCY

Working on this project has given me SO much respect for video editors. Like...an absurd amount of respect.

I've learned a TON and have clearly noted a lot of the flaws I have during the video. I'm sorry about some of the more brutal and noticeable super cuts. I had a house showing this weekend so I had to take down the camera and re-position some stuff. I'm aware of this and will work to fix it going forward! I know there are some clear places of improvement which I will diligently work to improve on, but for somebody who's never had experience in this sort of thing, I'll take it.Tech issues aside I had a lot of fun making this, learning the programs involved, and feel pretty good about my mediocre video:).

Future episodes will focus on the happenings and performances of teams throughout each week and will be more opinionated. I'll be looking to do short interviews among other content related pieces and might even dance on the idea of a Top 10. Either way, I'm incredibly excited with all of this and look forward to creating future episodes. I hope you guys enjoy it. As always, I'm open to feedback and criticism so shoot me a DM, Message me here, or just make a post and let me know what you'd like to see going forward.

I'll be getting back on the wagon with The Pro Player Spotlights once the Pro League has started this week, and look forward to coming out with more content than ever. Thanks for the read folks...I'm going to get sushi.

Great job on the video, man. Your delivery was really good. You appeared relaxed and very natural with the camera. You come across as likeable and charming without appearing phony. I thought the length of the video was perfect as well. It hits that sweet spot where its long enough to convey info but is short enough that it doesn't feel like a lecture.

My only suggestions would be improved lighting, sound and camera placement. And smoother cuts, but that's something you'll improve with practice.

Tldr; Great video. Unbiased and concise. You're good in front of a camera.

Also congrats on the CLG gig.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ogre 2 and Walshy assisting Goldenboy is fantastic to hear. The three of them are great.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why is it so difficult to find a schedule of what time matches are and on what days and against what teams? When you go to lolesports.com, right on the front page is when the next match is, who is playing, and what the match takes place (and in your local timezone). I can't find anywhere on Halo Waypoint where a schedule is posted. And then when Googling "halo pro league schedule" it still doesn't show up, except on a third-party site (esportspedia) and even then, you have to click a couple more links to actually find anything.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Holy CLG, on that Fathom CTF, I looked at the score, 0 - 0, looked away for like a second, 2 - 0 to CLG  :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't know why anyone would be surprised by the outcome tonight

EGs played a total of what, 12 games in the past 2 weeks? 

This is def. what I expected lol, a slaughter against THE most practiced team. They need to get back to pre-suspector vacation levels

• Upvote (+1) 2

Anyone think EG will get the #1 spot in the power rankings if they win this?

(Can't watch right now)

CLG is so good it's magical.