CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Sorry just from the format of your post it looked like those were your words. No worries. Also, these are by far the weirdest power rankings this site has seen. How can you have eLevate at #8 when they don't have a full set team and aren't in the pro league? Should be a default top 8 until relegation.

They've only replaced one member. Anything more and we definitely would have lessened any consideration.

Edit: Hopefully when you join OpTic you can bring them up a few spots  :thinking:

Except if you had actually read his post in entirety, he specifically says that this would allow him to focus on other aspects of life (health, streaming, and family to name a few). 

read his post in its entirety.

Looking forward to his 2 months of focused streaming before he changes his mind. 10 years of this behavior. It isn't hard to call a spade a spade at this point.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well shoot sorry for Mis quoting you! I should have read your post more carefully, well then the only person I know is against is 100% Cratos. Given he tweeted earlier, if Esl lets APG play for Naded before roster lock I'm done.

That line of reasoning makes no sense. Should Optic be forbidden from picking up a fourth... Or is it picking up aPG that is the mortal sin?

Dude has about 200k in career earnings. That's pretty good hay.

Is that figure his whole career or just recently? Over the course of ten years 200K isn't much, especially when you've got a child (and wife? I don't know anything about nadeds personal life).

Obviously he's got some supplemental income from streaming when he does it, his sponsors, and his own merch but I can't imagine the guys rolling in it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

But, the fact that Naded joined Optic "for the long haul" then leaves after qualifying seems like a waste. He literally had free exposure to the Optic juices, I don't understand why he wouldn't even try Youtube or stream much at all. Bad business move IMO

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

That line of reasoning makes no sense. Should Optic be forbidden from picking up a forth... Or is it picking up aPG that is the mortal sin?

It is obvious my post needs some additional punctuation lol, I was quoting a tweet made by Cratos.

It is obvious my post needs some additional punctuation lol, I was quoting a tweet made by Cratos.

No worries, I understood that you were talking about his tweet. It's just that his tweet doesn't make any sense...

But, at risk of sounding like a hater, I'll admit, very little of what he's been posting/tweeting lately makes much sense.

Some things are more important than business. We should be praising Naded for realizing this.

True, but you can't deny that Naded failed in almost every way to take advantage of the opportunity. He hardly streamed, he never made youtube content, etc. He could have been very successful in those areas, he's good at them and the Optic fanbase would have loved to watch Naded's chill streams and vlogs. The reason I was excited he even went to Optic was because I thought he was going to start doing the things he always talked about doing.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Guys, we have an ultra-important-5k-prize-pool-no-holds-barred-pre-season-not-important-shit-paradoxically-important-watchable Halo final in like 20 minutes. Can we focus?

This is something they will probably change for next season. Without Naded, OpTic wouldn't have qualified. And Naded was definitely planning to leave before the LCQ so he was basically a ringer to get them in and then bail. I like Naded and don't really feel OpTic should be punished, let them get a new 4th and if they suck they'll be out. The challenger league is a thing. Without Naded though OpTic is definitely going to struggle. aPG would be a good pickup and this gives him a chance to participate in the Pro League something he was going to do if the circumstances were better ie car accident. The people we should feel most sorry for is eLevate.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is something they will probably change for next season. Without Naded, OpTic wouldn't have qualified. And Naded was definitely planning to leave before the LCQ so he was basically a ringer to get them in and then bail. I like Naded and don't really feel OpTic should be punished, let them get a new 4th and if they suck they'll be out. The challenger league is a thing. Without Naded though OpTic is definitely going to struggle. aPG would be a good pickup and this gives him a chance to participate in the Pro League something he was going to do if the circumstances were better ie car accident. The people we should feel most sorry for is eLevate.

Nah. How do you know Naded wanted to leave before LQC? What could possibly be in it for him? He's turning down a massive opportunity to build his fanbase, and a (small) shot at season 1 HCS title. There's nothing for him to gain professionally from this move.

i still see it chad

Yeah it came back right after I posted. It had been gone for a few hours.

• Upvote (+1) 1