CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I'm not trying to have a team have to forfeit because a player doesn't have the ability to stay committed to a team. I know you all love Naded and he's an old pro so he's amazing but he's the only one who should be getting any type of repercussion. It wouldn't have been the end of the world to just stay until the transfer period, but hey it's his choice. That team was a mental disaster lately anyway. 

Like you said the team was a mental disaster, how do we know the rest of Optic didn't decide to drop Naded, and Naded took the "honorable" way out by stepping down so that they could grab a 4th immediately? Naded could have scumbagged and said "nah you can't drop me until transfer period".

You're looking at it as if Naded just bailed when everything was going smoothly. Personally I think this is very possibly a mutual agreement thing that happened behind closed doors.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 4

rules were broken. But they did approve

Except rules weren't broken. A player leaving you, and a team change arnt the same. In any way, they arnt the same. If Huke called you tomorrow and said I'm leaving, would you feel like you guys made a team change? I agree with what Lethul said above, the only thing that should be argued is Nadeds punishment, as an individual
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Please state the rules that were broken when claiming that rules were broken. Which rules specifically do you think were broken?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Like you said the team was a mental disaster, how do we know the rest of Optic didn't decide to drop Naded, and Naded took the "honorable" way out by stepping down so that they could grab a 4th immediately? Naded could have scumbagged and said "nah you can't drop me until transfer period".

You're looking at it as if Naded just bailed when everything was going smoothly. Personally I think this is very possibly a mutual agreement thing that happened behind closed doors.

I know

• Upvote (+1) 6

Optic candidates:

- APG

- Heinz

- Hysteria

- Cloud

- Danoxide

- Randa

- Aries

- Fearitself

- Tsquared

- A high-profile AM

I may be biased but I hope for

laeDxE5.png

Not trying to take anything from squared but damn. He just gets put on that list by auto? over...

Bxby J :simms: 

Nerdy(Myself) :holmes: 

Exemplify :apg: 

SickStory :walshy: 

EccentriKK :wutface: 

Sargoth  :intensifies: 

Squalleye :uncledrew: 

Cpt Anarchy :lxthul: 

Dany Knight :intel:

More... :mj: 

We've all out placed 30% of them you named :(

• Upvote (+1) 9

I know

Fair enough. Either way, the team was fucked and this worked out as beneficial for both parties.

I'm not trying to have a team have to forfeit because a player doesn't have the ability to stay committed to a team. I know you all love Naded and he's an old pro so he's amazing but he's the only one who should be getting any type of repercussion. It wouldn't have been the end of the world to just stay until the transfer period, but hey it's his choice. That team was a mental disaster lately anyway.

I can agree to that :)

I wish you would step down.

Cratos actually dropped for Naded confirmed, e6 top 2.

A single match between Optic and elevate would take less than 2 hours. Whoever wins that gets optic's current pro league schedule. Is that so hard to set up?

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 19

Not trying to take anything from squared but damn. He just gets put on that list by auto? over...

Bxby J :simms: 

Nerdy(Myself) :holmes: 

Exemplify :apg: 

SickStory :walshy: 

EccentriKK :wutface: 

Dany Knight :intel:

More... :mj: 

We've all out placed 30% of them you named :(

the only top am on that list is dany knight.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

A single match between Optic and elevate would take less than 2 hours. Whoever wins that gets optic's current pro league schedule. Is that so hard to set up?

It would be simple, but it's unnecessary.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Bxby J

Nerdy(Myself)

Exemplify

SickStory

EccentriKK

Dany Knight

More...

We've all out placed 30% of them you named 

Not trying to take anything away from you guys (you're all cool af), but I put you guys into the "High profile AM" group. Tsquared might be worse now, but he's still a big name, was an elite pro at one point, and actually ran with Optic for a spot just a few months ago.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 3

LCQ elevate roster, or the new one? I thought they switched rosters too?

Not trying to take anything away from you guys (you're all cool af), but I put you guys into the "High profile AM" group. Tsquared might be worse now, but he's still a big name, was an elite pro at one point, and actually ran with Optic for a spot just a few months ago.

lololol dont assume that someone is a viable option just because they were a pro in a totally different halo

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 10

If we assume that there should be another LCQ because Optic's new roster (whoever their replacement might be, including Flamesword) didn't qualify for the pro league, why just limit it to Elevate? Sure, they may be considered by popular opinion to be the best team besides the two the qualified in the LCQ, but that's a subjective argument.

You cannot say with 100% certainty that had Optic not been present, or if they had played with a different 4th besides Naded, that Elevate would have been the other qualified team. Insisting otherwise is foolish.

Furthermore, insisting that the remaining members of Optic (Ace, Str8 Sick, Maniac) be punished for the actions of Naded in these circumstances is equally foolish. He did not leave for another team, he retired. Would it have been better to wait for the transfer period? Sure. But again, this was not a team change, this was a player retiring. Whether it was a mutual agreement or a unilateral decision by Naded is a moot point. Have it count as Optic's one team change and leave it at that.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Except rules weren't broken. A player leaving you, and a team change arnt the same. In any way, they arnt the same. If Huke called you tomorrow and said I'm leaving, would you feel like you guys made a team change? I agree with what Lethul said above, the only thing that should be argued is Nadeds punishment, as an individual

that is what I'm arguing
  • Upvote (+1) 2

lol lxthul no one asked 4 ur input n00b stfu

• Upvote (+1) 1

To everyone saying Elevate should just play Optic for the spot, didn't Elevate make a team change (-swift, +falcated)? How would that be fair to the team(s) Elevate beat to get to the position to play Optic? At what point do we draw the line? Either way, Pro League starts in two days. Nothing is going to happen to Optic's spot.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Why are you ignoring other teams that optic beat? If elevate got a replay ESL would HAVE  to do the entire LCQ to be fair to all teams, this is not hard to understand.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Names don't mean anything. This game is completely different than any other game he was pro at. Give me stats that say Tsquared is a better pick up than any of those kids and I might agree with you, but I'm almost positive most of those guys are a better option than he is.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I understand, It's just that we get ignored and don't get chances because we have no name. If we run into CLG(any top Pro team)every tournament and have decent games, but get eliminated how can we get known? Clutching up yeah, but what's the odds if we never play them? You need practice against said level of skill to an extent. Danoxide was always good, but he got ridiculously better when playing always at that higher level, he got his chance because of the people he played with, they noticed it in him because of that, giving him said options. There's lots of Dan's out there.

the only top am on that list is dany knight.

I must only watch Pro teams play.

• Upvote (+1) 1

no

• Upvote (+1) 1

You know him personally then? How are you so certain about his character that you can make absolute statements?

Yes
  • Upvote (+1) 3