CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So, everyone has bounced a lot of names let me put a new one out: Cpt. Anarchy.

Also, how does this affect the Challenger league? Having the lowest ranked team lose arguably their best player should inspire teams to get good and into pro league right?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Single Bo7 match between new elevate and new optic for the last league spot please

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 7

So, everyone has bounced a lot of names let me put a new one out: Cpt. Anarchy.

Also, how does this affect the Challenger league? Having the lowest ranked team lose arguably their best player should inspire teams to get good and into pro league right?

I dont think it will create a ripple effect like you're thinking. The teams that are capable of Pro League are already eager to fight for it.

The ripple will happen if Naded plans to return and finds himself on an AM team...that's the ripple effect I want to see:)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah let's punish optic for Naded deciding to step down. How dare they not control his actions.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yeah let's punish optic for Naded deciding to step down. How dare they not control his actions.

Optic's next roster, whatever it may be, is not a roster that qualified for Pro League. Regardless of whether or not it's optic's "fault", that's still a reality and they should have to earn their spot again. I think having the two highest finishing LCQ teams play for the spot is the most fair and easy way to do things.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 9

So uh, been getting quite a bit of PMs and DMs lately w/ power ranking edits since the Naded news dropped.

8th is gonna be interesting  :apg:

honestly lets punish the other 3 who worked just as hard and earned that spot through the LCQ, everyone else had a opportunity to get those pro league spots but optic won their way in no reason they need to prove anything else they did that in the LCQ

• Upvote (+1) 4

Optic's next roster, whatever it may be, is not a roster that qualified for Pro League. Regardless of whether or not it's optic's "fault", that's still a reality and they should have to earn their spot again. I think having the two highest finishing LCQ teams play for the spot is the most fair and easy way to do things.

ESL cannot do this, as every single team optic beat, can and would make that exact same claim, seeing as the pro league is scheduled just a few days away, that is not feasible. This is the correct decision, the league should not be able to force a player to compete, if he has no desire to do so.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Something I will say is that it is possible that Optic came to a "mutual departure" behind closed doors. Obviously we can never know, so we can't make assumptions. But the same thing happens in sports, where teams will let their coaches leave by "mutual consent", but everyone knows they were getting sacked anyway.

I understand, but if a team ever changes their roster, even during the change period. That won't be the team that qualified for the league. The teams qualify for the league, not the players.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Because it's a non-issue.

This exact rule has been in Halo since forever during roster locks. If a player doesn't want to play he's not forced to do so, and that decision won't have negatice repercussions on the team he was on.

Like yeah, minor slap in the face to eLv, but one player didn't beat eLv lmao

I'm on your side man! I agree 100%! People are so busy being angry they haven't stopped to realize Nadeds gone :(. That's literally sad as hell. I'm gonna miss him, I've been a Roybox fan since 2008, the only other team I have been a massive fan of was Carbon 09. Naded will always be a halo God, gonna miss him.

An ode' to Naded:

Naded, naded,

to the pro league did he doth finally make it,

amongst trials and tribulations,

many a team member were traded,

a flaming beard did appear

when the end was in sight and near

a broken down old train, why not,

a little rust and polish surely worth a shot

the grind and the hate, is naded too late?

a night off for drake, a mistake?

that vlog of a fucking cake, hashtag gainz

finally to the LCQ doth our sleep deprived heroes arrive

matching foes, stride for stride!

well except liquid... our humble author sighed

one last chance against elevate!

alas, the pro league we have made!

Naded the great!

quiet, a melancholy chorus

as i look at the road now laid before us

a sad post on the beyond forum

our enamored hero departs,

leaving many a broken heart

an Ode to Naded,

a man who truly loved that which he did,

an inspiration to many, at heart just a kid,

oft misunderstood for the emotion he showed,

a community with a debt that he would never want owed,

thank you for all you have done,

now off you ride, into setting sun

until your return,

your words will echo on,

one shot top middle -- OH. MY. FUCKING. GOD.

Who let /u/poemforyoursprog in here?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Was it posible that Naded was only hire to get the team in Proleague?

what happened to you man

where's the red bar troll we all used to love 2 hate

• Upvote (+1) 1

A player literally just quitting on his team because he didn't feel like playing halo anymore and dealing with losing scrims shouldn't punish an entire team, it's not like they kicked him off or forced him out. The dude just quit. There's no rule that deals with that. A rule should've stated that you have to pick up a player who isn't on a pro team in an event like this, which they are going to have to do anyway. I know you guys love lcqs but optic earned that spot, Naded just quit.

Exactly why I feel like it's shady as fuck even if he stayed until they qualified. I mean sure I don't know his situation but come on dude.

If someone like Lifestyle did this (I'm aware of the different scenario), I'm betting Naded "retirement" post would have a lot less positive rep. People just know what to say to make it seem like it wasn't shady, when he reality him leaving was probably just for the reasons you posted. 

:/

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Was it posible that Naded was only hire to get the team in Proleague?

Honestly, how much money after just winning 125k would they pay him to help them qualify for him to see it as worth it? Do you really think Naded is that kind of guy? Would he waste his time? Why does he care about OpTic to do that for them? Do you believe Hecz is the kind of guy to approve that?

what happened to you man

where's the red bar troll we all used to love 2 hate

He is hooked on those good green arrow vibes 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I kinda wish @@Cratos would stop posting on these forums, just because users here are clearly unable to jump off the anti-Cratos circle and actually respond to content respectfully.

My thoughts exactly, @@Saucey. Cratos has a really valid point, this is an issue worth discussing.

No one invalidates Cratos for his opinion. They invalidate Cratos for being absolutely horrific at phrasing things in a manner that is effective without being obnoxious.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Do you believe Hecz is the kind of guy to approve that?

I can say with 100% certainty that hecz would not go down this kind of rabbit hole.

people who are saying the rules were broken, have you ever actually read the rules?

ESL approved the roster change and that's that

no rules were broken

rules were broken. But they did approve
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 6

I can say with 100% certainty that hecz would not go down this kind of rabbit hole.

You know him personally then? How are you so certain about his character that you can make absolute statements?