CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Wtf? Where did I say it was Optic's fault? Chill, I never said anything against your Green Wall.

All I was saying was I don't think it's a bad look on their rule set. Because I think a player not wanting to play anymore, and a team change are two different things.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

New LCQ is overkill, I think you either make Optic use Flamesword or requalify vs the clear runner-up in Elevate. However, considering APGs situation, I would actually be OK with APG as a 4th and Optic keeping the spot.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Whats your real vendetta against Naded? 

@@Cratos bought those nice-ass shoes after Naded dragged him to the HWC and now he isn't there to tie them:(

• Upvote (+1) 6

All I was saying was I don't think it's a bad look on their rule set. Because I think a player not wanting to play anymore, and a team change are two different things.

The one part about this that's slightly off is that the length of time he won't be playing isn't really that big of a deal. Its 7(?) weeks. Which can be a long time in Halo but at the same time that's short enough to keep playing afterwards. Its basically just a loophole to bail. It hurts the team he was on too. They're victims here more than anything unless they kicked him behind closed doors somehow which I somewhat doubt. The issue is that it really just shouldn't be happening this way and they need to make it serious enough that this doesn't become something that happens often. Deciding to quit like that and abandoning your team should carry more weight.

• Upvote (+1) 1

people who are saying the rules were broken, have you ever actually read the rules?

ESL approved the roster change and that's that

no rules were broken 

Is it stated anywhere that ESL actually did approve the roster change? Anyone from ESL care to comment? @@Timo @@Vivi

people who are saying the rules were broken, have you ever actually read the rules?

no rules were broken 

Yeah just seems EG were told different rules at PAX. 

Also doesn't mean the rules are good. 

Let's be real here. Naded knew he was going to step down before the LCQ.

Why did he scrim with them after the LCQ then

• Upvote (+1) 2

no rules were broken 

img_0918.png

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 12

The one part about this that's slightly off is that the length of time he won't be playing isn't really that big of a deal. Its 7(?) weeks. Which can be a long time in Halo but at the same time that's short enough to keep playing afterwards. Its basically just a loophole to bail. It hurts the team he was on too. They're victims here more than anything unless they kicked him behind closed doors somehow which I somewhat doubt. The issue is that it really just shouldn't be happening this way and they need to make it serious enough that this doesn't become something that happens often. Deciding to quit like that and abandoning your team should carry more weight.

I don't really think the list of players wanting to retire is that long. I just choose not to believe that there were any intentions to find loopholes here. I just think Naded didn't want to play, and he shouldn't be forced to. And I really don't think OpTic should be that mad, I wouldn't want a player on my team that doesn't want to play. Therefore I would be relieved Naded was leaving.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Let's be real here. Naded knew he was going to step down before the LCQ.

Can you prove that though? (Kappa)
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Damn, ya'll really know how to get things twisted in a hurry around here. Some of these conspiracy theories are hilarious. And like they're gonna redo an entire LCQ for that one spot when pro league starts in 2 days! Think before you post.

• Upvote (+1) 1

img_0918.png

I can see the potential issues but people are trying to work backwards from their emotions towards the situation. Very few people (myself included) are actually acquainted with the rules or in fact the entirety of the situation itself.

A player literally just quitting on his team because he didn't feel like playing halo anymore and dealing with losing scrims shouldn't punish an entire team, it's not like they kicked him off or forced him out. The dude just quit. There's no rule that deals with that. A rule should've stated that you have to pick up a player who isn't on a pro team in an event like this, which they are going to have to do anyway. I know you guys love lcqs but optic earned that spot, Naded just quit.

I feel like you are the first pro I've seen, to not be upset by the situation. Must be the money helping you see straight
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

A player literally just quitting on his team because he didn't feel like playing halo anymore and dealing with losing scrims shouldn't punish an entire team, it's not like they kicked him off or forced him out. The dude just quit. There's no rule that deals with that. A rule should've stated that you have to pick up a player who isn't on a pro team in an event like this, which they are going to have to do anyway. I know you guys love lcqs but optic earned that spot, Naded just quit.

Finally lethul, took you to long to post. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

who even are you? I hate the new Lethul. Voice of reason Lethul. 

All this means is ESL didnt take into account that a player might decide to quit playing after their team has qualified. Pax most likely had different rules because a team could qualify over 3 completely shitty teams. For example. The current EG roster would qualify at PAX by beating Cratos+randoms, El town+randoms, and Naded+randoms. It was specifically the old ALG member that earned the invite and it had nothing to do with them actually winning a single game against any team.

All this means is ESL didnt take into account that a player might decide to quit playing after their team has qualified. Pax most likely had different rules because a team could qualify over 3 completely shitty teams. For example. The current EG roster would qualify at PAX by beating Cratos+randoms, El town+randoms, and Naded+randoms. It was specifically the old ALG member that earned the invite and it had nothing to do with them actually winning a single game against any team.

I mentioned this to Ace on Twitter. His response:

• Upvote (+1) 2

no rules were broken 

Because dude, inside job.

• Upvote (+1) 1

optic earned that spot

This exactly, the spot does not belong to the players, it belongs to the org. The spot belongs to hecz and Optic not Maniac, Ace and Str8 Sick. The players are somewhat protected by the transfer policies. But Optic haven't dropped anyone, a player quit. ESL probably didn't account for such an event but even if they had I can't see an entire team being punished for one player losing the drive to compete, what are you guys honestly expecting them to do, force Naded to play against his will or screw over an entire org. (like someone else pointed, we are not privy to nadeds situation, there could be more going on)

• Upvote (+1) 4