CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Optic candidates:

- APG                              Best Pickup

- Heinz                           Great Pickup

- Hysteria                       LOLOL FUCK NO. FUCK. NO..... NO FUCK. FU... you got it.

- Cloud                           Good Pickup

- Danoxide                    Good Pickup

- Randa                         Decent Pickup

- Aries                            Meh

- Fearitself                     Decent, but he still has work to do

- Tsquared                    We REALLY gotta let this one go

responses in bold lol

re: Hysteria- do you really think ANYONE on Optic meshes with that douche? His attitude and berating style is literally the last thing Optic needs.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Guys, a little off topic given the Naded situation, but is there any news of a Major Open LAN event? We havent had a big 4v4 open LAN since 2012..

There is some news about open LAN's. I just cant talk about it yet. Soon. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Well, this poses a problem for ESL. 

However, we also don't know what happened in the talks between ESL and Naded. Naded may very well be dealing with more than he wanted to say in public, which could warrant treatment similar to what APG and Liquid got. Meaning ESL will keep quiet to respect his privacy and Naded will keep quiet because we don't need to/deserve to know all the details of his private life. 

Maybe we should try not cranking this up to 11. 

Not to be insensitive to any issues Naded may be having or dealing with, but does it matter in this situation? At the end of the day OpTic does not have a 4th, and according to Snipedown if you change rosters after qualifying you lose your spot and need to re-qualify.

So no matter what anyone is going through or putting up with on a personal level is essentially irrelevant here - the rules were still apparently broken when it was all said and done. 

I would love to see an Elevate vs Optic qualifying match. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Does Optic have a sub? I'd be ok with Optic keeping their spot if Flamesword subs, as he's been with the team during all their qualifying attempts.

It's not that he didn't check with ESL, it's what Snipedown is saying. If it is true that even if one player left, that they would lose their spot, that rule should still hold. At best, OpTic should have to replay the number 2 team in the LCQ. At worst, they lose their spot and have to qualify all over again. It seems simple enough to me, and fair to all parties involved. 

Pax was invite only for 4 teams and its completely understandable seeing as theres no way of telling how good those teams were when compared to the other teams vying for a pro league spot who didnt get invited.

I dont think youre getting the point. Naded "retiring" for this season is confirmation that ESL already told Optic that it was ok for him to do so without the team losing their pro league spot. If they told Naded no or that he would have to wait, then Naded would still be on the team. Naded didnt leave the team and let ESL make the decision. He made sure he could leave without consequences. As shitty as it might sound theres no way Optic loses their spot.

• Upvote (+1) 1

LMAO at people who think people are only disappointed because we think of some conspiracy. 

It just shows us that it would be possible to pull of and the reasons Naded mentioned here are not on the same level like APG's which should grant him a special treatment for replacing the Spot.   It was just him not being compatible with the rest of the team, and that made him frustrated.... hell every player could say this if they did poorly. 

This is just not a good look for the ruleset and everything around. Especially if what Snip3down said is true

• Upvote (+1) 2

Suspector wont be at the EG Halo house either, so, it's just a Snipedown/Towey house  :mj:

I thought he was talking about just packing up and moving out there himself for the opportunity (not the worst idea ever honestly). 

Family as in wife, and maybe kids(idk).

I guess really we could just ask the guy:) @@mediabrute

Suspector wont be at the EG Halo house either, so, it's just a Snipedown/Towey house  :mj:

He won't?

• Upvote (+1) 1

We (as in the professional Halo scene) have found a way to make team changes even when explicitly told not to make team changes. If nothing else our dedication to the art and drama of a team change is unparalleled, though I'm sure this is going to drive 343/ESL nuts.

Personally Optic should be allowed to pick up a 4th but I would penalize them maybe two games. Perhaps they must forfeit this weeks games but can come back next. Also I would ban Naded until the next cycle. Ridiculous to just decide, it's too stressful, but I'm not done yet. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not to be insensitive to any issues Naded may be having or dealing with, but does it matter in this situation? At the end of the day OpTic does not have a 4th, and according to Snipedown if you change rosters after qualifying you lose your spot and need to re-qualify.

So no matter what anyone is going through or putting up with on a personal level is essentially irrelevant here - the rules were still apparently broken when it was all said and done. 

I would love to see an Elevate vs Optic qualifying match. 

I can see where you're coming from and do agree to an extent. The rules were definitely broken, but do you think Liquid would have lost their spot had APG's accident happened after they qualified and he was going to be out for the next month or two? That's more the comparison I'm trying to make. Hypothetically say, Naded's decision here isn't just 'I don't feel like it' and is more akin to 'I physically and/or emotionally cannot handle this.'

(Just to repeat, none of this is based on ...anything I'm just throwing it out there as a possibility. I have no reason to think this is the case and hope Naded's feeling fine lol)

If theres time then I think the solution is simple. You need to have another LCQ. It wouldnt be fair to the other teams that played if it was just a game against Elevate and Optic.

I dont think Naded needs some excessive punishment. Not being allowed to compete until next season is fair enough. 

Roy just said it on stream 

ah, Justin is wrong.

Or maybe he thought it was supposed to be a secret? idk.

• Upvote (+1) 8

LMAO at people who think people are only disappointed because we think of some conspiracy.

It just shows us that it would be possible to pull of and the reasons Naded mentioned here are not on the same level like APG's which should grant him a special treatment for replacing the Spot. It was just him not being compatible with the rest of the team, and that made him frustrated.... hell every player could say this if they did poorly.

This is just not a good look for the ruleset and everything around. Especially if what Snip3down said is true

Disagree, a team change, and a player saying I'm not playing anymore, are two different things.

Naded isn't a slave, he can make his own decisions, the situation where OpTic changes their team to get a better player is ENTIRELY different. A situation where Naded says, I'm done, good luck, how is that OpTics fault!!!?! Naded didn't sign some form saying, if you don't play you go to prison LOL! If he doesn't want to play he doesn't play. Explain how that's on OpTic?

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's not fair that Optic would be removed from pro league because Naded left. However it's also not fair that Optic gets to keep their spot over teams like elevate who were eliminated by an Optic roster that's not even the same BEFORE Pro League starts. If Optic has a sub (Flamesword) they should have the option of using FS' UNTIL the open roster period, OR have the option of replaying Elevate with a new 4th for the final spot.

Seems fair to me. Use FS, keep the spot. New 4Th, requalify.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It just shows us that it would be possible to pull of and the reasons Naded mentioned here are not on the same level like APG's which should grant him a special treatment for replacing the Spot. It was just him not being compatible with the rest of the team, and that made him frustrated.... hell every player could say this if they did poorly.

dont know why it posted twice
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I think some people are forgetting that Naded made OpTic relevant. By that I mean if Naded Doesn't Join OpTic, who does? Is it Cloud/Assault? Does Flamesword actually Retire because he only went to the Pax Lan because of Naded. Does Str8 Sick Join? No. Does Ace join?  Probably, but still, assuming Flame does retire, the roster could've looked like Maniac-Ace-Assault-Cloud, which I'm sorry but I don't think that team makes the Pro League.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Disagree, a team change, and a player saying I'm not playing anymore, are two different things.

Naded isn't a slave, he can make his own decisions, the situation where OpTic changes their team to get a better player is ENTIRELY different. A situation where Naded says, I'm done, good luck, how is that OpTics fault!!!?! Naded didn't sign some form saying, if you don't play you go to prison LOL! If he doesn't want to play he doesn't play. Explain how that's on OpTic?

Wtf? Where did I say it was Optic's fault?  Chill, I never said anything against your Green Wall. 

Wtf? Where did I say it was Optic's fault? Chill, I never said anything against your Green Wall.

Not an OpTic fan, EG all day
  • Upvote (+1) 1

This was clearly a case-by-case basis, I actually cannot believe that people are suggesting a new LCQ.

• Upvote (+1) 9

ah, Justin is wrong.

Or maybe he thought it was supposed to be a secret? idk.

It was a secret, he wouldn't tell us...

...I just got you to spill the beans  :kappa:

No but seriously, that's great news, especially if Roy+Lunch can make it up to the house for each weeks matches and all play side by side as a whole squad. 

• Upvote (+1) 1