HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

wow the forums are moving quick in 3 pages we have gone from

• sadness about nadeds departure
  • what are rules regarding team changes
  • who optic should pick up
  • anger about z rules for team changes
  • conspiracy that naded was hired to carry optic to the pro league
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Halo is better off with Naded off of OpTic and streaming than Naded on OpTic and not streaming. OpTic brings views regardless. Naded streaming just adds to that. Hopefully he actually follows through and starts up his streams again.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Ding ding ding, he wouldn't want to screw them over completely and leave before qualifying, which is why this situation is iffy to me. It's like he was a hired gun to qualify, and no one can deny the types of plays he was making in that qualifier to keep OpTic rolling

Can we get some Naded hitman memes going? @@mediabrute   :holmes:

tumblr_nu9fq2rX191tgd388o1_500.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

Are roy/suspector going to the EG house? Obviously lunch isn't.

Roy isn't, he lives with his girlfriend and said he won't be moving. Don't know about Suspector.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Really this is a fairly unique situation and should be treated on a case by case basis by ESL. I think Naded leaving because he was genuinely too stressed to continue playing is a valid reason, but if the reason was "I want to listen to this new Drake album for the next few months" then obviously it'd be too weak. There's no need to find a one size fits all solution to every case like this that ever happens given how rare it will probably be.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I agree with you and Cratos, while I don't know or can think of a better solution, this should not be possible. 

In APG's case it was something different, and they qualified with the squad they are now playing with.  

But Naded had no medical problems, maybe he was stressed, yeah, but his post made it more sound like the main problem was Optic's players and their lack of practicing ( Not directed ad Str8 Sick ofc, we know who the culprits are), this doesn't reek like a problem ESL has to step in and help Naded...  

Quoted for new page. 

I don#t think any of us really imply Naded was hired to help Optic in a serious manner.. but this situation shows us, such a thing would have been possible

@@Vivi

Can you clear this up by giving us an estimated time frame as to when Naded first contacted you with regard the rules for team changes, was it around the time of joining optic or was it after qualifying ?

I'd love to see it go to Elevate, at the very least have another LCQ tournament with 8 teams(Since Elevate has made some changes).

I think Swift Kill would come back to Elevate (and Halo) if they got the spot. He's the one who left, not dropped, so there's no bad blood between the members.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Roy isn't, he lives with his girlfriend and said he won't be moving. Don't know about Suspector.

Not much of an "EG Halo house" if it's just Snip3down and Towey (..again). Imo.

• Upvote (+1) 9

iMO OpTic should lose their Pro League spot - I feel like if you qualify with a roster to the Pro League, then rosters should lock and that is your squad until the next "free agency" period.

This OR they just Forfeit their weekly matches until that Roster Period opens up.

This has happened before in HCS Seasons 1/2, OpTic was given special treatment and the rules were changed after the fact to adjust to the OpTic decision.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think Swift Kill would come back to Elevate (and Halo) if they got the spot. He's the one who left, not dropped, so there's no bad blood between the members.

Which I would love to see. Alex is such a genuine dude.

Possible Rule Fix: Teams in the Pro League are not allowed to make a team change until two weeks after the start of the Halo Pro League.

This would create an environment in which teams are required to play at least 4 matches with their current team...which would give us a good ballpark of where they would belong in terms of standings.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I bow to you based @@mediabrute - the dankness and laughs you deliver to these here internet forums are legendary

I'm still waiting for the Team Beyond #AstroSpartans 1v1 Meme Showdown so I can trade in my memes for a pair of Astros.

• Upvote (+1) 5

You guys are working overtime to make sure Naded plays for another month or so. Please realize that Naded would just play the matches and whoever else was on the team would scrim with Optic in the meantime. In the end, Optic or Naded was given permission by someone at ESL to go ahead and retire for this season and that it wouldnt impact the team negatively.

If that ruling is shitty then thats one issue. It would be an entirely different problem if ESL ok'ed his retirement then went back on their word and punished Optic. Theyre not losing their spot and theyre not forfeiting any games.

• Upvote (+1) 1

my point is

1. if optic didnt qualify and my team or another team that doesnt bring in big fans did this theyd kick us due to the rules and let optic in.

2. who knows that naded actually didnt get dropped from the team and since the only punishment is that he cant compete for 7 weeks he would just say hes stepping down. 

3. whats keeping other players who cant compete for a month due to something qualify a team fairly easy in the lcq and then bounce.

4. and 7 week ban basically is literally nothing it doesnt effect brett in anyway because him not being on that team he wouldnt be able to get on a pro team till next season anyways

5 is it actually fair to the other teams that got knocked out of the lcq by them/

i dont know what they should do to him or the team but it damn sure needs to be more than that

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 10

I don't think that people are giving the rest of Optic enough credit. Naded might have a very high skill ceiling, but he is far more prone to tilting than anyone else on Optic with the exception of maybe Manaic. I think that adding someone like Apg or Heinz, two players who are not nearly as emotional, and also establish good chemistry inside and outside of the game, would be a great addition to the team. Just my 2 cents.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think we're most likely to see Heinz or APG to Optic, but I hope its the latter.

But that would also mean APG is healthy enough to play by Thursday...

I have been okay to play for almost a couple weeks now, I play everyday.

• Upvote (+1) 8