CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

thats literally a joke he carries them to pro league and can leave with the only penalty is not competing for not even 2 months lol players from other teams like elevate for example just lost out on tons of money because of that it there careers and the guy gets punished for nothing thats like us hiring another player to qualify for us then retire lol

I can barely piece together your point. You gotta get more articulate man.

• Upvote (+1) 1

thats literally a joke he carries them to pro league and can leave with the only penalty is not competing for not even 2 months lol players from other teams like elevate for example just lost out on tons of money because of that it there careers and the guy gets punished for nothing thats like us hiring another player to qualify for us then retire lol

Whats your real vendetta against Naded? Also what should happen? Should Elevate get the spot even though they didnt qualify? Why should the rest of Optic get punished because Naded decided hes done for the year?

• Upvote (+1) 5

Not trying to defend E6, but didn't you guys win both Stasis CTF and Truth Assault, the two newest of the gametypes at the time? Most of the other changes are miniscule, some weapon and power up movement, besides the Eden SH movement to red bend at the time. Obv you guys are still the best team at the moment, I think people are just excited to see you guys finally start losing more than a few games a series

All opinions on what changes actually matter. Stronghold changes to us matter a lot. Ov and camo placements matter a lot too. Idk maybe we look at it differently? And the argument was how much time we had played prior to playing e6. Not for someone to defend them for having a good scrim vs us

• Upvote (+1) 5

I think we're most likely to see Heinz or APG to Optic, but I hope its the latter.

But that would also mean APG is healthy enough to play by Thursday...

it was

Someone went and looked. You played RNG the night before. We were suppose to scrim but ended up not. I wasn't saying anything in a bad way btw. Think you guys are a top team. Just commented on something someone was wrong about(which seems to happen a lot now a days in this thread) 

• Upvote (+1) 8

I agree that this is a problem - I dont think that anyone on the OpTic roster would have made it to Pro League without Naded pushing them. So now basically..

1. Naded "Carries" them to pro league

2. Naded Leaves

3. OpTic keeps pro league spot, allowed to replace Naded

So the question is: Should teams be allowed to do this? Can I employ OGRE2 and David Walsh on a team with me and my 92 year old grandmother to qualify for Pro League and then once we secure a spot ditch them and keep our spot? 

Kind of an odd situation though. 

I see the problem and concern, but what can you do about it? Forbid a team change? Punish the entire team because one player decided he wanted to retire? What if Optic had no idea that Naded was going to retire at the end of the day?

Everything Optic is and has done is within the rules, so in my opinion its fair play. Grimey, but fair play.

EDIT: And No, you couldnt hire both to carry sweet old Bertha to the pro league. One team change per team rule(right?) If a team makes two transactions, do they lose their spot? Who takes over the spot in the HPL, a challenger team or..?

• Upvote (+1) 5

I see the problem and concern, but what can you do about it? Forbid a team change? Punish the entire team because one player decided he wanted to retire? What if Optic had no idea that Naded was going to retire at the end of the day?

Everything Optic is and has done is within the rules, so in my opinion its fair play. Grimey, but fair play.

The Red Wings are about to take a huge cap hit because one of their players is retiring. So it does happen with teams getting punished in sports. I wouldn't be upset if ESL gave it to Elevate or something.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

It is a tough one, but i think the rules are flawed to allow something like this to happen. 

iMO OpTic should lose their Pro League spot - I feel like if you qualify with a roster to the Pro League, then rosters should lock and that is your squad until the next "free agency" period. 

The only problem with that however is that one player now has the power to fuck over an entire team if they want. So basically its an issue but I have no idea off the top of my head what can be done to solve it in a healthy way hah.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 3

What I want to know is if this something Optic had in mind all along, and if Naded planned to take a break but some some low key Gilbert Arenas type payment to help get them to pro league before he bailed.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

When you're catching up thinking it's 10 pages of 'Asia >' and you walk straight into a shitstorm.

tumblr_inline_o4m9twJI4A1ripgeb_500.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Naded's timing is terrible.

I don't get it, why get a spot in Pro League and THEN bail? Unless he only stayed with them as a courtesy to get them into Pro League and knew they could make a change.

All opinions on what changes actually matter. Stronghold changes to us matter a lot. Ov and camo placements matter a lot too. Idk maybe we look at it differently? And the argument was how much time we had played prior to playing e6. Not for someone to defend them for having a good scrim vs us

Yea you're right, it's even changed a lot since then as well.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

The Red Wings are about to take a huge cap hit because one of their players is retiring. So it does happen with teams getting punished in sports. I wouldn't be upset if ESL gave it to Elevate or something.

I'd love to see it go to Elevate, at the very least have another LCQ tournament with 8 teams(Since Elevate has made some changes).

It is a tough one, but i think the rules are flawed to allow something like this to happen. 

iMO OpTic should lose their Pro League spot - I feel like if you qualify with a roster to the Pro League, then rosters should lock and that is your squad until the next "free agency" period. 

The only problem with that however is that one player now has the power to fuck over an entire team if they want. So basically its an issue but I have no idea off the top of my head what can be done to solve it in a healthy way hah.

I'd agree with that. I think ultimately we need stricter rules for the teams in the Top 8. Once you're in, you're in and thats the team. Outside of the XYZ transaction period you're S.O.L. That being said, I'd hate to be in a situation where a player fucks over a team(Lifestyle) and I'm stuck dealing with it or I lose my spot...ya know?

I think ultimately the one transaction is fair, and probably the most effective rule...but it leaves a lot to be abused, as I think we're seeing here.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I agree with you and Cratos, while I don't know or can think of a better solution, this should not be possible. 

In APG's case it was something different, and they qualified with the squad they are now playing with.  

But Naded had no medical problems, maybe he was stressed, yeah, but his post made it more sound like the main problem was Optic's players and their lack of practicing ( Not directed ad Str8 Sick ofc, we know who the culprits are), this doesn't reek like a problem ESL has to step in and help Naded...