CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Nothing on this week's Vision of Naded leaving. Next week it is.

Don't understand the drop Corey talk, they'll pick up APG I think, I'd like to see 2gre, but that'll never happen Danoxide is there best choice.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Don't understand the drop Corey talk

Yeah wtf. Sloss Boss 2.0 is a great player and was definitely not why the team started to become shaky. 

Man, anyone else really disappointing about Naded? I respect his decision, but it having one of your favorite players on your favorite team step down after qualifying is rough. FeelsBrettMan

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Someone who has Halo smarts explain the difference between APG and Heinz (or anyone else) in regards to whom Optic should pick up (e.g. playstyle and stuff). 

You basically have two options: You can try to pick up the best player available (which I feel APG is). Or you can try to find a Naded replacement (maybe someone like Randa). APG's playstyle is predicated on putting immense amounts of pressure on the other team by being aggressive, pressing advantages, and forcing people into fights they don't want. He differs a fair amount to someone like Naded who is very disciplined and also very objective-minded. In terms of playstyle, I think he would be a fairly good fit since he'll take a good amount of attention off of Str8-sick and Maniac /w his aggressiveness, and that's probably the most important element Naded brought from a fit standpoint.

Heinz fit's more of a VicX/Lethul mold (perhaps a more objective oriented version) and would overlap quite a bit with Ace/Maniac.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So i see people throwing out three names:

• APG
  • Heinz
  • Demon D

Demon D has not played competitive halo in years not months, years!!!!!!! Forum members have said that he is average at this game, so I don't think that is a realistic option.

The two obvious options are APG and Heinz both of whom are very good at this game, but will they be able to have a large enough impact on this squad. Personally, I think no, I think you would need the two of them for this team to be competitive. I think every person can see who the problem on optic is and unfortunately he is their captain. I would drop Maniac asap and pick up these two immediately if I were Hecz. But he has shown loyalthy to Maniac so a more realistic option would be to drop str8 sick, and basically remake the liquid worlds roster with Maniac instead of ECO, which is an arguably worse lineup still but they will at least get along and have good chemistry.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Hello everyone! I have a couple things I would like to announce.  :tongue:

First off, I would like to thank everyone for wishing me a Happy Birthday today, yes I have just turned 26 years old so I'm definitely going to be celebrating that later tonight and of course celebrating my Warriors getting back to the NBA Finals! LETS GO! But...

On to what I wanted to announce about my current team situation. I'm going to just get straight to the point and then explain a little reasoning behind the decision. I will be stepping down from competing with OpTic for this season and they will be finding a new 4th to play with. Now you may ask, why? 

To kind of give a little back story, after getting 2nd/MVP at worlds I was forced to come to a very tough decision since all of my teammates went separate ways. I could of either stopped competing, join OpTic/another team with known players, or make my own team. I couldn't really decide what to do and it was stressing me out a lot. I was considering taking a break from competing but I had numerous talks with friends, they all said I shouldn't quit competing and continue to play.

I finally decided to join OpTic and try to help revive the Halo team there. I knowingly, going into joining, knew we were going to have a lot of work ahead of us to be a top team and was not expecting to win games consistently anytime soon but was hoping things would change with hard work. Shortly after I joined Flamesword let me know that he is possibly considering retirement, which kind of threw me off a little considering I thought we all were going to be in it for the long run but now we might eventually have a team change soon (which happened after PAX). When the PAX tournament was announced it upset me/stressed me out more that the Pro League spot that my team earned is gone and now I have to fly across the country for one day to compete for the spot with only like a week of practice with the new team.

After PAX we had to quickly find a new 4th (Str8 Sick) before the next tournament which was like a week away. Keep in mind, this entire time after PAX until Burbank and even after Burbank, I was really just overall stressed out that things were not going the way I thought it would with the team as far as practice is concerned but I still stayed strong and practiced hard everyday. We then ended up making the pro league in the last spot available during the LCQ which was great. During this time I felt the two big problems with our team: 1. We didn't really practice as much as I thought we would as a team. 2. I felt the chemistry just wasn't there in game or out of game for me, which I am sure many people including my teammates would agree with.

That is a little of the reasoning to why I have decided it will be best to step down from competing this season so they can pick up another 4th that better fits them and also be able to relieve a lot of stress off my shoulders so I can focus on other aspects of my life (health, streaming, family to name a few) because this past month or so has been so hectic for me. This is NOT at all me leaving on bad terms with anyone from the team, this is just a decision I felt would not only be best for me but best for the team as well. I may continue to compete in the next season so DO NOT think of this is as a "retirement" but as of now I'm going to be focusing on other things rather than competing/practicing with a team all the time. Hey, after 10 years of competing in every Halo since Halo 2 at the top level without a break, I think a break is deserved haha :walshy: !

With that being said I really did enjoy my time on OpTic and wish them the best of luck! I'm SO incredibly happy I was able to help OpTic get a Pro League spot. As expected, the #GreenWall was amazing with the amount of support you guys showed and I thank you all for supporting my decision as it will be best for everyone! Also, huge thank you to all my fans as well for being so supportive and I will be seeing you on stream! Love you guys!

- Brett "Naded"

aka "thanks for the optic juice kthxbai" :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why are people talking about Demon D? Did I get in a time machine and go back to 2010? 

• Upvote (+1) 7

Oh okay, interesting. So they can still drop another player if they'd like? I feel like that'd be frustrating to a team like elevate that was competing against those four players for the last pro spot, but that's good to know. Thanks!

Also, since you say "Naded will not be competing" - is the reasoning that Naded is retiring which is different than a normal roster change? And in that case, would it be different if he were to compete in the Challenger league? 

Teams will be allowed a roster change during the transfer period during the Regular Season. 

By retiring, Naded is not eligible to compete in the 2016 Summer Season for the Pro League, this was communicated to him before his announcement. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

E6 is an awesome team and I expect to see them at the top, but that wasn't there 1st time playing on the settings. I remember this since they decided to play a team over us the day before and I am pretty sure the day before that as well(could be wrong about it being 2 times though). Thanks for the kind words 

it was

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 9

Why are people talking about Demon D? Did I get in a time machine and go back to 2010?

He was recently seen online with Maniac.

Teams will be allowed a roster change during the transfer period during the Regular Season. 

By retiring, Naded is not eligible to compete in the 2016 Summer Season for the Pro League, this was communicated to him before his announcement. 

thats literally a joke he carries them to pro league and can leave with the only penalty is not competing for not even 2 months lol players from other teams like elevate for example just lost out on tons of money because of that it there careers and the guy gets punished for nothing thats like us hiring another player to qualify for us then retire lol

• Upvote (+1) 11
  • Downvote (-1) 13

I kind of wish people wouldn't overlook how well Maniac has been doing lately. Hes come a long, long way from the guy that didn't play at the start of H5 and was average as fuck by comparison to top players. Hes actually pretty good now.

• Upvote (+1) 7

so DO NOT think of this is as a "retirement" but as of now I'm going to be focusing on other things rather than competing/practicing with a team all the time. uys!

- Brett "Naded"

:walshy:

• Upvote (+1) 3

So they oldest pros are now Roy/Lunch? as in time as pro.

edit: tied with pistola if you count FFA.

thats like us hiring another player to qualify for us then retire lol

What do you think Huke and Bubu Dubu are doing on your team?

They just haven't announced their retirement yet

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 9